So the LPGA owns us now.

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by KCWiz, Jul 9, 2005.

1. KCWiz

KCWiz New Member

May 8, 2003
    Manhattan, Kansas
    Wow. Getting bumped by third round coverage of ladies golf. Impressive.

2. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. So we could hear some assine commentators talk about **** I could care less about...

I love golf, but **** you ESPN. You couldn't be bothered to show the first two matches of GC, and now this..?

3. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    yeah it's ESPN's fault that CONCACAF signed a 10 year contract with univision in 1997 for exclusive rights to all Gold Cup games.

why does this happen EVERY time ESPN pre-empts something? If you'll think back when MLS had overtime several games ran over into college football or whatever else they were showing after the game. It happens. it's policy. When a live event runs over, they stay with it until it is over, then they join the next thing in progress. that's just the way it is. get the F over it.

4. KCWiz

KCWiz New Member

May 8, 2003
    Manhattan, Kansas
    But the LPGA wasn't going to end for at least another 20-30 minutes. I'm not sure why they didn't either leave at 5:00 CT or leave when it was truly over. Why did they just leave at that certain time?

5. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course, no one is commending ESPN for cutting away before the event was actually over, as someone was on the green. After the leader finished, they cut away. Oh, and the only reason it ran late was because some golfer decided to double bogey the last hole.

They ran 10 minutes late on a 3 hour live sports show. Get over it. This endless whining is annoying. Do you guys whine during the NCAA tournament when one close game runs long, preempting part of the next? Is that a lack of respect for the next teams playing, or just the nature of television?

6. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a Crew fan - I'm a professional b!tching machine. :D

7. KCWiz

KCWiz New Member

May 8, 2003
    Manhattan, Kansas
    They don't preempt. They actually cut away if it's not close.

8. Nochum

Nochum Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Riverside, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well at least in LA they bump baseball for soccer. :D Then again the Angels game hadn't started yet.

9. Tyler66

Tyler66 New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Massachusetts
    agreed!