So now I'm officially bummed out [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by j.r.'s mom, Nov 6, 2004.

1. j.r.'s mom

j.r.'s mom New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Carrollton, Texas
    I can't believe DC is going to the Cup. I thought the Revs had it up until the last moment. What an incredible game! Well, now I guess there's just one thing to say: Go KC!!!

2. j.r.'s mom

j.r.'s mom New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Carrollton, Texas
    By the way, did anyone else have to watch the game on Matchtracker because stinking DirecTV Direct Kick for some reason didn't broadcast the game like they were supposed to?

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I got FSWD so I saw it but yea I hate DC with a passion but at the same time NE making the playoffs wouldn't be right IMO.

I will be cheering for the team I've been cheering for since we got ousted, KC. Go Wiz. Good job last night, took care of one scum team, now for the other...

4. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    DC rat bastards!

NE looked good until Dempsey put that weak sh!t on monchichi monkey-face Rimando.

Rookie.

5. j.r.'s mom

j.r.'s mom New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Carrollton, Texas
    I had Dempsey pegged as Rookie of the Year. I wonder if that last PK blew his chances?

6. ignatz

ignatz New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Washington, DC
    I'm shocked!! Shocked!!! that you guys won't be cheering for Dema and the Dynamos next week.

7. j.r.'s mom

j.r.'s mom New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Carrollton, Texas
    Get lost. Dema should stay on the bench where he belongs! DC is going down!

8. ignatz

ignatz New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Washington, DC
    You're probably right -- my guess is KC will win MLS Cup. It will be our 5th trip there and our second unsuccessful one. But it will be a good game, and just getting to it is an achievement. Some teams, as you know, have never gotten there. And Dema will play, by the way.

But don't lose heart. There is an advantage to not winning championships, and Dallas is reaping it regularly: the team doesn't have to spend money on trophy polish. It's a major expense for DC United.

9. j.r.'s mom

j.r.'s mom New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Carrollton, Texas
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. We'll see what you have to say in a couple of weeks :) .

10. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You think you're bummed now, wait until they win it. Both KC and United have great defenses, but the DC offense is simply unstoppable right now.

But don't get discouraged because a good coach turned a serial loser into an MLS Cup finalist in only one season. Remember that Clarke and Elliot have a plan for greatness. Finishing in the cellar and looking like dung all season are just part of not mortgaging this great future for a risky gamble on immediate rewards.

Yeah right.

11. j.r.'s mom

j.r.'s mom New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Carrollton, Texas
    You're right, DC's offense is absolutely awesome right now. Ahhhh! Say it isn't possible that they win the Cup!!!

On the bright side, I think you're saying we take the Cup next year ;) . Uh-huh, sure. Should I just shoot myself now and get it over with :D ?!

12. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's way too funny. Oh by the way, I hope you enjoy the baseball dirt next season while we chant our team on in our brand new STADIUM scumbag!!!

13. ihearttheburn

ihearttheburn New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Denton/Plano, Texas
    Looks like I'm one of the few FCD fans who was rooting for DC tonight. I hate both teams, but I don't think New England deserves MLS Cup, IMO. I know they beat out Columbus last week and busted their asses doing it, but the worst team in the league should not be playing the best for the championship. It goes back to the Top 10 Reasons thread: yes it'd be pure comedy for the Revs to win it but it'd be an embarrassment to the league. Ooh, and the teenage girl in me loves Jason Thompson. Thats another reason for me rooting for DC. =)

KC vs. DC will be a more entertaining game, too. KC vs. NE would be KC trumping all over NE and NE whining about it for 90 straight minutes.

Bottom line is Kansas City deserves to be there. DCU- I'm not too sure about, but I'm holding out hope...

GO WIZ!!!

14. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I have to agree that KC-DC is the most entertaining possible matchup out of all the combinations that could have happened. Be optimistic, maybe it will be a great game, AND Kovalenko will get stretchered off to the hospital with a broken leg.

However, for everyone who keeps going off on what a bad team NE is, I think you're forgetting how every year they somehow manage to be playing their best soccer of the season at playoff time, and are consistently strong contenders to make it to the Cup. We should be so lucky to be that "bad" here in Dallas.

15. italchacao

italchacao New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Austin TX
    as a former new englander I was hoping for a revolution win. Now I have to root for kc for no apparent reason.

16. ihearttheburn

ihearttheburn New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Denton/Plano, Texas
    you guys know how they have to stop baseball games sometimes bcuz rowdy fans get on the field and stuff? Amy & I were joking yesterday that ROB is gonna paint the flag of ireland on his face, run out on the field, break Dema's leg and run off... so quickly that nobody is really gonna know what happened...

...as horrible as it is to wish a broken leg on somebody... it'd be sweet justice nevermind really funny if that happened to Dema next week. LOL I guess we can only dream...

17. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think New England struggled with injuries more than most. When Ralston is playing right back, things have become pretty bad. I know Twellman missed games, Llamosa torn ACL, Pierce torn groin, Franchino did something as well, Kamler had his teeth busted and Dempsey with a fractured jaw. I will say the Rev's had a better draft than we did and Nicol seems to be able to develope fringe players into good role players. Everyone forgets that MLS is not a race but a marathon.

18. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Go polish your ass.

19. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It's like seeing a Trust Fund Baby hit the Lotto. But F 'em. They are a miserable bunch of ********** who'll justify anything and they still have to live with each other, so who is worse off.

20. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  21. j.r.'s mom

j.r.'s mom New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Carrollton, Texas
    Thanks, with that image in mind now I feel a lot better. :)

22. j.r.'s mom

j.r.'s mom New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Carrollton, Texas
    Wow, I'm feeling much less depressed now! ;)

23. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime
    KC is a machine, and The Butcher will not be allowed
    to get away with his normal regular season crap on
    National TV. Red Card for The Butcher after Zavagnin
    pesters the crap out of him. Arnaud, Wolff, Jewsbury
    for the Ards. Olsen for Dips.

HSG Ards - 3
    AEG Dips - 1

go HSG. go. (cheered at 7db).

-bs

24. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    I watched the game last night via mlsnet.com. It was a truly great game. Great action, great atmosphere, overall a great US soccer scene. If I was trying to turn someone on to MLS (which is a full time job) I would have them watch this game.

It will be fun for all of us to root against DC. The league has to be happy Adu will be in the Cup final. Its should help attendance and bolster the TV numbers.

F DC!

25. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said! I agree completely. It was a great atmosphere - something every MLS team (fans, front office, etc.) should aim for.

And yes, between what you said and BS said above, those are my hopes and dreams for this game.

Fond memories of sitting with all the non-aligned SCers at the MLS Cup '99 ringing in my head, "If you hate D.C. clap your hands!"