So it begins....

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Mr. Trike, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Mr. Trike

Mr. Trike New Member

Apr 7, 2003
    Chicago
    Let the whining start.
    With Priority # 71 I can't get the $1600 seats I want.
    I know, I know pity party for me,
    But it still SUCKS!

2. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry for you but I did all right with priority #9, first row section 128 middle club section, on the aisle.

3. Mr. Trike

Mr. Trike New Member

Apr 7, 2003
    Chicago
    I realize the numbers involved. Only so many seats.
    Have been sitting across SF from you since day 1.
    Paid for good side at NCC sat on bad.
    Tried to sit across the field again but was told they are obstructed view w/ camera and ball boy.

4. redzin

redzin New Member

Jan 6, 2000
    Okay, when did I miss the boat? I thought the Fire was not going to contact fully paid season ticket holders until January 15 to hammer out specific seat locations based on priority number.

Are they in fact doing that already? An if so how, since full payment is not due until 1/15?

5. Mr. Trike

Mr. Trike New Member

Apr 7, 2003
    Chicago
    I think it was 12/15.
    "Club seat selection for the Fire's new stadium in Bridgeview begins Dec. 15 for season ticket holders. Club seat sections are currently 70% sold out so now is the time to place your order and save your spot for the Fire's 2006 season."

6. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What exactly did you want first row in the middle section on the west side?

7. Mr. Trike

Mr. Trike New Member

Apr 7, 2003
    Chicago
    First of all I would like to say the girl who stayed after work last night and was a great help from the Fire was more than accomodating.

I tried for first row in club on an aisle told NO.
    Asked about first row on West side, offered to pay the club price and sit on west side.
    Was told it is "obstructed view and they were not selling those yet", if you want those seats you can "confirm" that but you will not have seats yet.
    Tried for nook around players entrance on Fire side told NO.
    Settled for nook on visitors side.

Just wondering who got other seats because I thought I had LOW #.

8. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    I'm curious too why you would want first row? I guess it's a matter of preference, but I'm shooting for middle height myself. - be close enough to see the action but high enough for an unobstructed view of the big picture.

9. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sitting in the first row means everytime a fire player is on a breakaway toward goal you won't have an idiot in front of you jumping up blocking your view of the action.

10. Derek

Derek New Member

Jan 23, 2000
    A Fire fan that stands up when a Fire player has a breakaway??? What an idiot!!!

11. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    Amen - I hope to always be that idiot

12. Mr. Trike

Mr. Trike New Member

Apr 7, 2003
    Chicago

I have sat in first row on west side of stadium since day 1.
    I like first row because I can scream at players and they hear me.
    A few noteworthy exchanges come to mind.
    #1 Jesse throwing me his jersey after he scored in his 100th game.
    #2 Chris Albright searching me out before games and making the gesture of you are fat with his hand going over a pretend pot belly. Me gesture back like a wrestler wearing the championship belt.
    #3 Liam's favorite Ronnie O'brien having a genuine conversation during a long stoppage.
    #4 Riding Steve Jolly relentlessly in second half when he was on my side. After game he shakes hands and heads straight for me and I am thinkinmg "here we go". Only to talk to his Mom who was 2 rows behind me.

That being said I dont think first row at BBs will be any good.
    West side will be too low to see whole field.
    East side in club will be blocked by players benches. Even if they are a see through stucture you will have coaches and players up, fourth official and handicap seating.

Having sat mid level at NCC I felt very far from field. BBS will be infinetly closer but you will still have people in front of you. Not so much the jumping up on breakaways but the concession buying non soccer watching kids that tend to come to the games in the club level.

13. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know why on the west side they can't put the camera in the second level rather than ground level.
    I have to disagree about the first row club level on the east side which will be higher by 4 rows than the west side. The benches will be built into the wall so they will be directly under you not in front of you. The handicapped area will be on ground level and the first row will be high enough so you will see the whole soccer field without being blocked by anything.On the tour I checked this out.

14. Mr. Trike

Mr. Trike New Member

Apr 7, 2003
    Chicago
    They will have cameras on second level west side near press box.
    But for field level they can only do west side.
    They always had camera on field west side at SF and I never had a problem with it. Now with stands being lower, the perch the camerman is on will really block view.

John, I hope you are right about benches. I was on tour with you and even helped you up and down the steps.
    I was on tour after garage sale also.
    Really got to walk around.
    The benches will not be built into wall.The will be on ground in front of wall.
    There will be a cover to the benches also.
    So, I think, your view of the north goal will be blocked quite often.I HOPE not.
    The handicap will not be problem.

15. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was you? Thanks by the way.
    I thought the original design had the benches attached to the wall like in newer european stadiums. Even so I think being closer to the wall than at SF my view won't be blocked or I'm doing some complaining.I don't think the wall on the east side will be as high as SF so you might be right.
    Knowing they were going to put a camera at field level on the west side I don't know why they didn't make the first row on the west side higher or why not put the camera in the stands and just not sell those seats around it.

16. Sitting in the front row means avid listeners in opposition shirts.

17. Mr. Trike

Mr. Trike New Member

Apr 7, 2003
    Chicago
    I think by on field not as many seats are obstructed view. Which are not selling yet.

18. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember on the tour that david feeley of the fire front office said they were trying to work on some alternatives to having a field camera blocking the view of the west side but I guess nothing ever came of that.

19. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    I'm not even sure what potential alternatives there would be.

20. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having the camera on a wire higher than ground level.

21. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    I thought they weren't assigning specific seats yet because they won't know how many seats they will have until things like handicapped seats, etc are worked out. Is this just for clubs seats first?

22. murtaugh

murtaugh Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    just club seats.

23. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    That doesn't sound like a very sturdy alternative.

24. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's maybe why the're not going to do it.

25. ehend

ehend New Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Villa Park

I seem to remember them trying this once and the camera was on the ground and useless before halftime