So I finally played World Tour Soccer 2002

Discussion in 'Games' started by BlueMovie FC, Aug 11, 2002.

1. BlueMovie FC

BlueMovie FC Red Card

Dec 16, 1999
    Ohio
    nothing special really. It has some good aspects and some mediocre ones. It's kinda like a cross between Fifa 2001, MLS Extratime, Soccer America and striker pro 2000 all jumbled into one game, but not necassarilly the best points of those games.

pros:

- decent passing system. You can work some good build up's from the midfield, but not on par with Konami's games.

- lots of leagues and teams. Even has the LA Galaxy. It has 2 divisions for England and a few other Countries.

- It has the world cup. It's called International cup but it's all there.

- Several kinds of tackles. Several different skill moves with the ball too, and they are more realistic than the old FIFA moves.

- neat little things like a button to dive to draw fouls and the fact that the ref's call hand balls. The ref will give you the yellow if the dive is obvious.

- jumpers 4 posts is cool too, it's a league of grade school teams in England. Doesn't work as well as it should but it's fun nonetheless.

- Real players and player names of every team.

- good camera options enable you to see much of the pitch while playing.

- it has the nation's cups when playing the season.

cons:

- the graphics are very mediocre and sometimes hinder gameplay. For example, you can't always tell that you scored a goal until after the announcer says "goal!!!!". Strange. The player models are very average as well.

- there's only like 6 stadiums for the whole game.

- the teams kits are plain and dull, no sponsers or writing.....just the same colors as the real team. MLS Extratime and FIFA 2002 blow away World Tour Soccer in this aspect. I mean, I never felt like i was really using Rangers - just a team resembling them.

- the shooting is bizarre.

- no transfer system.

- no career mode.

- no MLS! (besides the LA Galaxy)

- no training mode.

- the one touch passing isn't as good as in Konami's game.

- the ball sticks to the players feet ala Fifa.

Overall It's an enjoyable game but it needs some work. To get a perspective of how I feel about this game I'd rank it like this:

Winning Eleven 6 is a 9 out of 10
    MLS Extratime 2002 is a 8.5 out of 10
    FIFA 2002 is a 7.5 out of 10
    MLS Extratime 2001 is a 7.3 out of 10
    World Tour Soccer 2002 is a 7 out of 10
    Soccer America is a 6 out of 10
    FIFA 2001 is a 4 out of 10

2. PassionOfTheFoot

Feb 12, 2002
    Incheon, South Korea
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't know if Fifa 2002 is better than this game.......but I agree with the shooting system.It's old and outdated, and hopefully wil be improved by World Tour Soccer 2003.