Small Rocks World Cup Drafted League: Official Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by DoctorJones24, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    To show my irrational frame of mind, I almost went for Rooney hoping he'd recover in time to play the knockout phase.

You'll also notice a distinct Chelsea Blue tint to my team: Cech, Ferreira, Joe Cole, and Drogba. There is also a twinge of Liverpool Red with Garcia and Alonso.

2. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    I will be back late so whoever is picking after me can wait

3. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    good player, scored a brilliant goal against Mexico yesterday, wasnt convinced he was going to start enough to have picked him already

4. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    L'Equipe has him as a lock to start, that was good enough for me... and Dhorasoo did everything he could (allez PSG!) to help guarantee that the other night so I figure it's worth a shot.

5. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Everybody comes around in the end.:D

6. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I've looked back through the rules and no where does it say it is okay to read and research:mad:

7. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Not research, I'm a long-time reader of L'Equipe. And its opinions are right about as often as any other paper. But Malouda will start...

8. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    So it's dj, and then lobo, and then me, right?

9. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    right. I didn't pm dj but I will now, figured he'd check in soon anyway. And as we're on the verge of hitting 500, should we start a new thread?

10. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Isn't Tomvandamn between lobo and Doctor J?

11. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Arggg, my internet quit on me. I should've just announced in advance.

Casillas GK Spain 6.5

12. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I like that pick... Malouda has the pace France desperately needs and will figure prominently...

Otherwise not sure about Hal's pick... I know he's an EPL guy, but scoring against Argentina, Netherlands, and the potentially most difficult Serbia - will be a challenge.

I'll also note that through eight rounds, only three of us - me, Tomvandamn, and Clan - have stayed away from selecting two guys from the same team... hedging our bets or stupidity???

13. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    yep and he posted he would be away til late I think.

14. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    New thread now open in Milton Keynes... but we're still the same draft.

15. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Still not talking to you:mad:

Drogs does seem to finish better for the Cote than in Blue but will be tough.

Too depressed to look at midfielder as my list is exausted so I guess I will also try a little french to ease my pain:

Thuram D 7.0

16. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    If its any consolation, Thuram was one of my next two picks... that's it... I'm taking Lebo Lebo now and there's nothing you can do about it (well unless you take him with your next pick...)

17. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Before I chose, there were three obvious GKs available (Barthez, Casillas and Abbondonzieri) but four managers who needed GKs. That means someone is going off the ranch to get a keeper. But then someone probably knows a looot more than me about that stuff.

The Croats were tempting all along, but they're in a tough group, and if they advance they probably get the Czechs (or the US? Nah.) in the 16s. There are two teams that have group and round of 16 setups that must have them rubbing their eyes in disbelief.

Ferreira is a question for me. It's still Big Phil, and he still favors another guy ahead of Ferreira, just as he did in Euro2004.

18. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Still still not talking to you :mad: :D but through an intermediary will trade Thuram for the Croatian Lampard:D

19. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    TVD selects Oddo Defender Italy