Small Rocks 2019-2020 Banter and Discourse Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by glorydaze, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm alright thanks Bob, the town I live in has only had a few cases but it's a tourist town so now it's empty.

I can imagine it has been tough there, the state has been hit hard.

bobfest repped this.
  2. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wishing you well Bob, stay off the beach:eek:

Doing alright here, on strict-ish stay at home State orders but at least we can go in groups of less than 5 to our New Mexico sandy beaches, waterless though they may be...have been able to get out and play in the desert a bit

Navajo Nation here and in Arizona getting hit the hardest

3. bobfest

bobfest Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes, we haven't reached out peak yet and the concern is that the summer beach season will be an economic disaster. Many people make all of their income between May and September. But we do need to stay safe. I hope Congress can get some more money to businesses.

I've been teaching my classes remotely, so I keep busy during the day.

lobomojo repped this.
  4. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #229 BalanceUT, Apr 26, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    June at the earliest, and it depends on careful testing which seems to still be unavailable. Maryland may do better than some simply because we were able to obtain half a million test kits from S. Korea due to the Governor's wife being Korean.

bobfest repped this.
  5. bobfest

bobfest Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Testing is the key.

I was surprised that the Dutch simply wiped this season away. They couldn't count the games and promote/relegate teams based on what they've played? Is that a possibility in England? I guess I'm just used to what happens in the USA when a season has been interrupted. EPL could always play the Championship Playoffs to determine the third team to be promoted.

6. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    nice Laporte move, forgot about him

ohh go ahead make that Kov move you have been dying to make:cautious:

7. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I had Laporte from the draft and again after his 1st injury.

He's a good player but will he play enough, I'm sure he'll be managed quite a bit. I'll take some 65 minute appearances though if it includes 6 points.

lobomojo repped this.
  8. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    :eek: Well played triple Captain, already more points than all my triple captain points combined since they started I think

9. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Agreed. Better than the 3 for Mane. I was listening to the match and did not know if Luiz was going to get the assist.

lobomojo repped this.
  10. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks!

I tried to do good and I did good, I love it when that happens.

lobomojo repped this.
  11. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nice pointage today from Ings and Fernandes Lobo. I'm glad that dive was pulled up by VAR in the last minute, that was naughty.

Roy Keane is a mentalist but makes for good TV, you can't argue though de Gea and Maguire got turned inside out for that goal.

12. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah I love a good gone mental rant from Keane,---er...well from afar... and yeah he was spot on about that ugly given goal.

Bruno was embarrassing on that flop he is cleaning shoes in the Clubhouse as we speak. Thankfully VAR finally did something right, saved me from having to give a goal ala Leeds back.

Ings about the only player outside City, and Armstrong looking sharp so far, been a bit dire the footy so far but dire is better than none.

13. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Welcome back Fras; wish you had beat me to Tierney, briefly exiled Dann beat in one match my projected 4 Arse starts:rolleyes::( I say we outlaw all chips, never break my way

frasermc and glorydaze repped this.
  14. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [QUOTE I say we outlaw all chips, never break my way[/QUOTE]

I actually agree with this. I still haven't used mine. Guess I'd better soon. Something to consider for all rocks next year.

lobomojo repped this.
  15. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I actually agree with this. I still haven't used mine. Guess I'd better soon. Something to consider for all rocks next year.[/QUOTE]

I would be fine with that as well.

glorydaze repped this.
  16. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We're getting close to the end gents and I fear the battle for top spot is well and truly fading for me now. It's never over until it's over but my top players (Son and Alli in particular) have struggled to keep pace with Lobo's since the restart. I feared Fernandes could be the decisive pickup back in Jan but he has definitely gone way beyond all expectations. I had Ings from the start and I let go of Mahrez, both big mistakes to get rid.

There is a good mid table battle going on for 3rd spot. At the bottom it will be tough for Epikoinos to climb out of the relegation zone but not impossible. Enjoy the last few weeks all, it's been fun to have so many games in such quick turn around.

tarvinodos, frasermc, bobfest and 3 others repped this.
  17. Epikoinos

Epikoinos Soccer player-coach-manager-journalist

Arsenal, Real Salt Lake, Forward Madison
    United States
    Jan 6, 2004
    Oregon, WI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had been doing well since the restart and was feeling good about my chances ... until last gameweek. Terrible. Will need to close extremely strong.

lobomojo and Journeymen repped this.
  18. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have done amazingly well since January. It is so hard in a draft league to dig yourself out of the deep hole you were in at Christmas. Whether you avoid relegation or not (even at my expenseo_O), I salute you.

Journeymen and lobomojo repped this.
  19. bobfest

bobfest Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Captaining Sterling (21 points) might have helped me a bit in the mid table battle for third, but we move on. There are some interesting player options for the next season who have shown themselves to be lively.

20. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    How clever was trading Giroud for a to be healthy post re-start Tammy:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::(

My staff could have taken an early vacation but for their idiot Chairman...staff want to mention they were also against dumping Greenwood

tarvinodos repped this.
  21. bobfest

bobfest Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Next season starts on September 12. Looks like we'll be back to daft in a few weeks.

22. bobfest

bobfest Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Final day. Good luck to everyone.

lobomojo repped this.
  23. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats to lobomojo for his fine season and foresight to draft two LFC defenders at the turn of rounds 1 and 2. (where are the days of a similar John Terry/Andy Cole move in the past?) Well done as the winner of both small rocks and all rocks!

Whose ready to draft?:eek:

frasermc, lobomojo and bobfest repped this.
  24. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I would like to extend my congratulations also on a great season lobomojo. You have proved to be a worthy nemesis for top spot and I thoroughly enjoyed the battle.

I have already created a new spreadsheet in anticipation of next year and cleaned it up a little. I think the 20/21 game could go live quite close to the start of the season on the 12th Sept. It would seem teams progressing to the semi's or final of European competitions will have blanks in GW1/GW2.

lobomojo repped this.
  25. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thanks all it was a great year, with great people doing everything smoothly and efficiently, always refreshing. Thanks Journey for really pushing me to stay on edge always and finally get over the never a bride overall.

Can't wait to start again.

frasermc repped this.