SMACK/RIVALRY Thread Pt.7 Haters, Muppets, Delusions and Excuses.

Discussion in 'Portugal: Clubs' started by GoodDead, Apr 10, 2010.

1. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    but thats like anything else. nobody likes eachother and talk shit about eachother. just start at the whole country and narrow it down.
    example.
    PORTUGAL DOESNT LIKE SPAIN.
    THEN INSIDE PORTUGAL, NORTH VS SOUTH OR INTERIOR VS LITORAL
    then INSIDE NORTH, MINHOTOS VS TRIPEIROS
    THEN INSIDE MINHO, VIANA VS BRAGA
    THEN INSIDE VIANA, PONTE DE LIMA VS ARCOS DE VALDEVEZ
    THEN INSIDE PONTE DE LIMA, "this aldeia vs that aldeia"
    THEN INSIDE an ALDEIA "lugar A vs lugar B"
    etc.....

2. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I think you quoted the wrong post :confused:

3. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    lol im not saying that all sportinguistas are rich. but most of the wealthy and powerfull people in portugal back in the day were sportinguistas.

of course that now everyteam has all kinds of people.

4. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    nope thats just an example how people don't give a shit about everyone else just by geological location.

5. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Talk about knowing sweet F all about the Norte. Whatever small rivalries there are for the most part people in the Norte praise different cities, towns, regions, for whatever those areas happen to accel at (food, wine, dance, parties) Every summer, each week it is all about each town taking a turn hosting a festa and everyone touring town to town. The only real hatred in the Norte is for Braga vs Guimaraes after that everyone is friendly. I don't know what you are talking about but you are the same guy who doesn't watch any games so we can add knowledge of the Portuguese Norte to things you don't have a clue about.

Oh and Benfica is the "Peoples Team" ahahahahah no my friend Benfica is the "Glory Hunters childrens team" Weak minds all suck up to what can achieve something great and latch on to it instead of carving a path for themselves or supporting their own home.

"People's Team" LMAO. Unbelieveable arrogance and ignorance at the same time, actually that defines SLB right there.

6. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    see your the one that doesnt know shit. im not saying that people HATE eachother and start fighting btw them.

i just showed how people talk shit or make fun of people by geological location, towns, districts,regions, countries. that was just an example.
    even here btw us portuguese in the U.S. we make fun about eachother minhotos, murtoseiros, bairradinos, acorianos etc.... etc....

the braga vs guimaraes big rivalry thats in soccer nothing else.

minhotos are really friendly people don't matter where you go.

its just funny how you like to put words in other peoples mouth, and take things in a way that they weren't said. just to try to make other people look like idiots. when you are the one makin an IDIOT out of yourself.

7. umdemelo

umdemelo Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Charm City
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Speaking of glory hunting, how many Lynx games did you go to before you decided to spread your cheeks and climb onto TFC's cock.

Just curious. ;)

8. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I hate fans who think they're better fans just because they support their "home team." That has nothing to do with how good a fan you're.

9. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sporting is the peoples team:D

10. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Stop supporting the Earthquakes :p

11. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    hmmm let's see now correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't being a Lynx fan then going to be a TFC supporter be the definition of a traitor?

I never had any interest in the Lynx, AND I STILL DON'T. They aren't a professional side no matter how much they claim to be such. Toronto Metro Croatia was a team for Toronto to get behind, the Blizzard was a team for Toronto to get behind (and I did for the very few years I was around for them) The Lynx are like the Toronto Supra or now known as Portugal FC...Semi-pro. A team anyone with over average skill can walk on and play for....on public fields.

Professional is professional, rep leagues are rep leagues. Huge difference. Does anyone in Portugal or Europe show up to pick up games pay money to watch and sing? No, why? Because they are playing for fun and any of us can do that.

BTW TFC ...sucks and has sucked since day 1. I still drive 12-20 hours to watch them all over the North Eastern states and Montreal while they win nothing (except the NCC which we expected Vancouver to win but still went to MTL to show support...That is the reward for supporting the team that isn't supposed to win) So "Glory Hunting" is a ridiculous statement to make regarding me and TFC.

I support a team that never won anything and has no claim to past history and has been in the bottom of the league for 4 years and I am "glory Hunting" LOL I LOVE how stupid you sound.

12. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't see why the rationale of supporting your local is being trashed here.

It's well known that the fact that Portugal by all means goes against that concept is slowly ruining our league.

Look at any other country in the world. Seriously. Go find me a Liverpool-dweller that likes Manchester United or Chelsea. Go find me a Boston-native that likes the Yankees.

There is obviously more to supporting a team than location, but c'mon. 6 million Benfica fans in a country of 10 million? Talk about diversification.

13. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Present.

I dont understand why everyone has a problem with whomever they choose to support. Football (and sports for that matter) isn't a run by a set of rules saying "you must support so and so." I got no problem with whoever anyone chooses to support, so why do all you people have problems with whomever decides to support Benfica? I bet if you supported your resecptive clubs you'd have no problems.

And im sick of Benfica fans being called "gloryhunters." 3 championships in waht like 17 years or something, find a new adjective, or maybe your just not smart enough to come up with one:). (not directed at anyone in particular)

14. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

thats not true, studies have shown benfica claims about 3.5 million fans in Portugal, Sporting is 2nd with about 2.5, Porto a close 3rd numbering around 2 million fans.

15. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    lol i bet you did that study yourself.

16. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Benfica is a cancer for a reason. 3.5 is way too low.

17. umdemelo

umdemelo Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Charm City
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    :D

Your 2009-10 Liga Sagres champion variant. It's always critical to properly classify the cancer TFC glory-boy.

Get it right. :p

I can't wait for the day when the champions league actually becomes a league and Benfica as Portugal's representative in that league ups their following to 9 million resulting in the folding of all other clubs in the country except Porto and Sporting who will be our farm teams.

18. umdemelo

umdemelo Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Charm City
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Benfiquistas could make the same argument about their love for Benfica with regards to Benfica's last 20 years of history yet you still label them glory hunters. Let me guess all the cool kids are following championship clubs from the 60s these days right. :rolleyes:

And seriously, lets keep it real here, like 99% of TFC "supporters" you crawled out of the woodwork when you found out Toronto was getting a MLS team. When the Lynx were USL1 there were 1500 people at the games. USL1 status didn't stop the White Caps and Impact from developing followings and respect but you like most TFC fanboys felt this level of play was beneath you because you are the exact definition of the glory-hunter you accuse other people of being.

You've basically admited that previous Toronto clubs were not big time enough for you because just like with Braga who BTW you've only gotten vocal about when they started winning, you are the biggest glory-hunting fraud here.

Honestly, all smack aside, I like your posts. I respect your opinions and I think you're a smart guy, but you're not as pure as you think you are. Continue to support Braga, continue to sing your TFC songs at BMO but don't believe for one second you're some kind of righteous supporter who loves clubs for all the right reasons and stands above all the sheep beneath you who only like what they like because they are brainwashed. ;)

19. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well let's be serious here, you're probably one of less than 10,000 in Boston, the other 9,999 are all former NY-ers most likely... or Portuguese (Go Teixeira! Was about to meet him today actually but I got word too late)

20. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    disgusting comment

but what do you expect, benfiquistas would rather see portuguese football destroyed if it meant more for them.

21. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    LOL 2 things popped and I don't want to actually read the rest of your nonsense but #1 Bold:

Benfiquistas rely on past glory ALWAYS so really, shut up. You are Glory Hunting.

#2.

Haha you can't read. I supported the Blizzard as a child I watched games when I was real small, they disappeared unfortunately. And last I checked I wasn't alive for Metro-Croatia (what a plastic fan I am) the Lynx are semi pro, they didn't even get payed to play FFS...do you support your friends Sunday league teams with flares and pay the park where they play for free to watch their games? That is what the Lynx are. You wanna talk about Glory hunters talk to members of Usector who dumped the Lynx I was never associated with them to begin with.

Braga I started supporting in the mid 90's....I only been vocal about supporting them since....hmm let's see I joined bigsoccer in 2004 and supported them since day one here soooo obviously then everything before the mid 90's didn't count because I wasn't on this message board :rolleyes:. LMAO hahaha wow your Logic is AMAZING! Braga still hasn't won anything but the Intertoto and I...me am the one Glory Hunting? a ha haha ahahahaha! You clowns to this day talk about the 60's even though you weren't alive for it and I am the Glory hunter for supporting the team closest to my hometown, in the city I spend a large part of my time in while in Portugal.

Really...are you really that stupid?

As funny as your nonsense is it is also kinda sad and I feel sorry for you.

22. umdemelo

umdemelo Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Charm City
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This was a good response, you almost sounded convincing like when you talked about being a Blizzard "supporter" as a child :D. I'm sure it was hard to hold the flares in your little hands.

Ultimately we both know you only jumped on the local footie bandwagon when Toronto got a MLS team, you were never there for the USL and you were never there for a CSL level team. As for Metro-Croatia, anyone can say if they were around for something they would have supported it; completely meaningless.

You are the very definition of a glory hunting bandwagon jumper that you yourself defined. Save the whole I'm a "supporter", I go to away matches, I carry two sticks garbage for the mindless.

You are the fakest kind of "supporter" there is, you do it so that you can be seen and say look at what I hard core I am. Look how much more committed I am than the plastics. That is what is truly pathetic here.

I also know that when Braga goes back to fighting relegation and you can't impress people with your knowledge of an obscure Portuguese club your Braga talk will fade as well.

BTW, you clearly read the whole post. ;)

23. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I feel like I'm on this reality game show I saw commercials for but never watched. Premise was there's some random jackpot of an exorbitant amount of money but you have to get everyone to agree to give it to you or no one gets it, something like that.

SOO

I say ******** it. Benfica fans already hold the majority right? Let's all just switch our 'team' to Benfica so we can finally change the title of this thread to what the last few posts have really been all about.

"Smack-talk Thread: Club? Don't care. I loathe/hate/despise you, sacana de merda!"

24. umdemelo

umdemelo Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Charm City
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Good thread title, :D

Everyone should follow whatever club they want for whatever reason they want. I just despise the "holier than thou" preachers who try to make others feel bad for what they like. And I will always attack people who do that.

Congrats on Beira-Mar BTW, I look forward to seeing them crushed by the Red Storm next season :p.

25. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keRePIrUfLU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- "Monte Benfica" na Malveira[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy5K0yUUbu0&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Homenagem ao Benfica campeão - Malveira.wmv[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvX70f9nKAE&feature=related"]YouTube- Carter Pissed[/ame]