Slice of Jewish Life in Iran

Discussion in 'International News' started by Peretz48, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Its called the diaspora, dude. Didn't you read about it? Its all in the history books and stuff

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta love how the trolls here have taken what was a civil discussion about Jews in iran and turned it once again into an iran is great debate.

If it is so great then move back. Now as for the article, it is good to see that these Jews are happy where they are, now if they, and the other normal Iranians can somehow figure a way to get rid of the horrible govt. iran has then perhaps the country can start moving forward.

3. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    There was a forced emigration from Israel. Not so with Iran.

4. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    First you were the clown of BS threads and now you're an immigration counselor? :confused: We're talking about Iranian jews and not why I live where I live. Because that my subhuman poster, is none of your business.

5. valanjak

valanjak BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Salam, chetori hamvatan , harfaye enaro jedi nageer
    I decided to ignore him a long time ago, you should too.

6. daisrael

daisrael Red Card

Sep 20, 2006
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well i see that my question will go ignored. Apparently iranians are not all loyal and obviously living there is no picnic or great place or these people would still be living there.

The real message here is that those iranian jews are proud to be jews while at the same time show loyality to their place of birth. Something the iranians who post here should pay attention to because those Iranian jews are better iranians then you are.

7. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    LOL, that's a typical diversion from the real issues at hand. Whenever our neo-con friends feel they are losing a debate, they all become immigration counselors. The ironic and hypocritical thing about it, is that all these people post about is Israel, yet none of them actually lives in Israel either.

It seems beyond their pea-brains that is an English-speaking forum, where a good command of English is essential, and naturally, the vast majority of posters would be posting from English-speaking countries.

8. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Apparently your not good at paying attention . I stated why Iranians migrate just like all people on the planet , people move because of opportunities , work, education , or other situations facing that individual . Settling in a another country doesn’t make anyone disloyal , it just makes them a opportunist . Most Iranians living outside of Iran will go back to Iran eventually because we are nationalistic people , non-Iranian Jews might consider themselves Jews first and then their nationality but ALL people in Iran consider themselves IRANIAN , religion only comes in second and for a lot of people religion is not even a factor in Iran . If anyone considers their religion more important then their nationality then they are cowards .

9. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Agreed. I understand that there are between 2.5 million and 7 million expat Americans. I very much doubt that there are as many expat Iranians. And Iran had a war going on in their own country for quite a while in relatively recent times. It is not right to question someone's loyalty just because they happen to have moved abroad for certain reasons. Or to condemn them as hypocrites for speaking up for their "old homeland" whilst living in their "new homeland".

I disagree strongly. IMO religion is often just as important an identifier as nationality. But that's a theme for another thread.

10. Berkovic

Berkovic New Member

May 28, 2006
    Kfar-Saba, Israel
    This really made me laugh. Just a quick question: do you think David Beckham is loyal to England? How about Ronaldinho, is he loyal to Brazil? They both live away from their country, does that make them less loyal?
    These were just obvious examples, but I can give you mine - I'm Israeli, but I lived in Massachusetts for two years. Does that make me any less loyal to Israel?
    I don't think they owe you an explanation of the reasons that caused them to leave Iran. Everyone has different reasons for living away from his country, but you can sum it up pretty well in one word: Globalization.

11. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah :rolleyes: that's it

The fact is that valerie is making statements that iranians are oh so loyal. Yet he and you other chumps all moved here to live in the Great Satan's land. Not very loyal of you is that?

And speaking of the real issues here, the thread itself was about Jews in iran. That has been addressed until losers like you and your ilk show up to spout off about how great iran is and such. Like I said before many times, if it is so great then why do you live here? Further why live here and continue to proclaim how great it is there? Go back home if it is so great. Or are you afraid that you would have to serve in the military if you did? Unless you bribe your way out of service.

12. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yet those players still reside in their home countries as well as in the countries that they work. Plus they go home to represent their home country in National Games. So the comparison is not only weak, but not relavent to the discussion at hand.

This whole discussion came about because valerie made another in a very long list of stupid posts when he said iranians were the most loyal people. So while I can only surmise what daisrael meant, but these iranis that post here continue to spew crap about the US and how great iran is yet by living here their actions say the opposite.

13. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    You keep repeating this, which gets a bit (in fact, extremely) boring, so just a quick reply from my point of view: I am German and live in the UK. I like living in the UK, but at the same time there are a few things in Germany, which I like better, and I don't see why I shouldn't point those out. Still, the fact that I might like life in Germany doesn't mean I don't like life in the UK.

For my taste, you are far too black and white, and your anti-muslim propaganda gets on my nerves. Can't you focus on things that are wrong in your own country, given that you live in the US? Your anti-islamic rambles are really tedious.

14. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really. So glad you don't like it. Feel free to ignore what I have to say. I realize that basic freedoms like freedom of speech may seem foreign to you, but for us it is a way of life.

As for this so called propaganda. You cannot disprove anything I have said, yet I have been able to aptly back up my statements with fact. If you are tired of tedious propaganda then focus your rants on the iranis here.

Besides, for US matters that is what the US forum is for.

15. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    It seems like some people cant stop their habits of lying , I never said Iranians were the most loyal , I stated that they are one of the most nationalistic and 3000 years of history is a true testament t that idea

16. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    LOL. NO freedom of speech in the UK unfortunately that's right. I am not very surprised that you failed to address my main point: can you live in country A, and like some things about it, but at the same time like many things about country B?

I don't really need any more stuff on correlations between USA citizenship and reading comprehension or IQ values, thank you.

17. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Good post ,

Some people are just ignorant , they cant accept the new world , a world without virtual borders , A global village . They simply are not cultured enough to accept the fact that people sometimes move from their countries for personal reasons . And you are right , no one owes a explanations to these people , they don’t deserve one .

18. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    i think you all missed a key sentence in this article:

Now, Ahmadinejad is a moron nevertheless, but he could be trying to wag the dog.

Also, I wonder if those Jews in Iran who called themsleves Iranians first and Jews second, if there was a war b/w Iran and Israel, would actually fight for Iran? I ask b/c it would seem papradoxical that it could happen.

19. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    just like how the Iranian-Arabs were the first Iranians to resist Iraqi invasion.. Iranian-Jews will join the fight against "any" invading force (as they did and you can see in the picture during Iran-Iraq war)...

20. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    [​IMG]

21. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes people can live in country A and feel the same about country B.
    What I have taken issue with here is morons like valerie who live in the US yet put the US down every chance he gets while exalting iran. If it is so bad here and so great there then why live here?

22. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Good post

23. IIII

IIII New Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Theory, all's well

Please don’t paint all Americans with a broad brush, this idiot obviously has deep issues and I have my doubts about his claim of nationality.

24. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I am not American at all. :rolleyes:

This coming from a 17 year old means nothing.

25. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I have a hard time imagining many Jews who would want to fight for a country whose leader keeps repeating how his country should wipe Israel off the map. If there are some, and I'm sure there are, they are not Jews in my book.