SL Benfica vs Rio Ave [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    I can't say anything more that you've already said. I'll just add that for me the coach's lousy substitution of Aguiar for Karadas is what cost us this game.

Oh, and Miguel and Ricardo Rocha go down, and Benfica's defense just collapses into that mess. Please hurry back Ricardo! Send Argel packing!

2. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    well, Rio Ave deserved to win, after trapa's silly mistakes, such as to put an injured playerin the lineup, strange substitutions again, wth, He substituted Karadas instead Sokota , benfica playin' with argel has about 90% of non wins..well and the referee was crap as usual, (i'm not saying that benfica was robbed, such as Porto fans that say that Porto was robben )

1st Simão 2nd goal was offside
    2nd Mozer attacked Karadas(should be red card) only received yellow card
    3rd Delson made a dangerous foul when he was already yellow carded
    4th Miguel passed the ball to Moreira, and he catched the ball with his hands

well, benfica and Porto are tied in the 1st place, benfica can't handle the pressure of playing after Porto and Sporting lost points..

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Benfica just don't have the defence, Trappatoni is getting away with murder, its time to bring back Camacho

4. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    our defense is very good, with Santos-Rocha-Luisão-Miguel all full fit, not Miguel playing 10% and Argel in the lineup :confused:

5. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    Don´t forget to mention the ball that Miguel passed to Moreira and he brought the ball inside the area and grab it...

6. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
  7. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I didn't see that play but if it happened than Benfica got lucky to get away with it. The referee made some errors against both teams but overall I thought he did a decent job.

8. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    to be in the 3rd league

9. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Cosidering he is a Portuguese referee, he wasn't as bad as they usually are, lol.

10. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    ahah you're right