SL Benfica vs Rio Ave [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    only 11 players in today's workout,
    still questionable for these game, Miguel, Simao, Geovanni and Joao Pereira

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  3. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
  4. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    João Vilela injured :eek:
    Benfica is cursed

5. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    They have had bad luck. I can't remember a team loosing so many key players all at the same time to injury.

6. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    That's true. They are hurting badly. Too bad for Carlitos. I always liked him. I wonder if he will ever develope to his full potential with all the injuries he's been through.

7. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    Unfortunately, it looks like Carlitos might turn out to be another Mantorras. The poor kid keeps getting hurt all the time. This is not a good time to lose all our players with FCP back in 1st. :mad:

8. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Dinamo Zabreg to spy on Benfica

O DIÁRIO DO DÍNAMO ZAGREB
    Baric "espia" encarnados

Otto Baric, director desportivo do Dínamo de Zagreb, vai observar, domingo, o Benfica-Rio Ave. O técnico, que orientou a selecção croata no Europeu realizado em Portugal, regressa ao Estádio da Luz, onde o conjunto balcânico perdeu (4-2) com a Inglaterra.

O encontro diante dos vila-condenses é o último dos encarnados antes da recepção ao Dínamo de Zagreb, de hoje a uma semana, a contar para a terceira jornada do Grupo G da Taça UEFA. Baric, que durante anos trabalhou na Áustria, aproveitará para confirmar os dados que já estão na posse dos responsáveis croatas.

O Benfica também vai "espiar" o próximo adversário na Europa - a formação orientada por Nenad Gracan visita, sábado, o Rijeka, em partida do campeonato. Ainda não está definido (Álvaro Magalhães ou Peres Bandeira) quem terá essa missão.

Data: Quinta-Feira, 18 de Novembro de 2004 01:36:00

imprimir comentar

9. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    It looks like both Miguel & Simao will be playing against Rio Ave on Sunday. Finally some good news.

10. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    [​IMG] gr8 news, but Miguel isn't at 100% yeat, still doubts about him

11. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    it looks like Miguel my not be ready,

12. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Benfica give's preference to a Brazilian for a RD
    DEFESA-DIREITO BARATO E EXPERIENTE
    Brasileiro preferido

O Benfica mantém a intenção de contratar um defesa-direito na reabertura do mercado, em Janeiro. E já tem alvos preferenciais.

A prospecção decorre há algum tempo e o mercado brasileiro, com vários jogadores referenciados, é o preferido, mas a escolha terá de ser bastante ponderada. O facto é que o Benfica pretende um elemento que possa ser uma real alternativa a Miguel, só que precisa de ter alguma experiência e não pode igualmente ser muito caro. Não será fácil, mas o clube lisboeta continua à procura do defesa-direito que corresponda aos critérios delineados.

Vários outros mercados foram também equacionados pelo Benfica, entre os quais naturalmente o português. Há jogadores referenciados, que reúnem as características consideradas necessárias, mas as diversas alternativas que se encontravam em cima da mesa, entre as quais se contam Bessa, do Vitória de Guimarães, seriam inatingíveis para os dirigentes do Benfica, uma vez que todos os jogadores estão sujeitos ao cumprimento de contratos.

Data: Sexta-Feira, 19 de Novembro de 2004 01:12:00

imprimir comentar enviar

13. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  14. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    do we have two João Pereiras in Benfica :cool:

15. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    lol... :D I'm sure Frank meant Geovanni. ;)

16. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Week 11:

Benfica v Rio Ave; Sunday, November 21, 2004 at 2:45pm (EST) on SportTV.

17. moacir

moacir New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Figueira da Foz, PT
    It was a great game. Unfortunately I lost the first 1/2 hour, and 4 goals. In the 2nd half Rio Ave midfielders gave a lesson to Benfica on how to keep the game on the other guys court. Moreira almost had his Holiday's turkey, it would have been a huge frango that Luisão saved on the goal-line. There were several episodes of total mayhem in the Benfica box.

The 3rd Rio Ave goal one could predict, two speedster got the Benfica defense completely flat-footed.

I did not see it but the commentators felt that there had been a foul by Karadas before the 2nd SImão goal.

18. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I missed the first half of the game, but it seemed Benfica played very good that first half. Benfica was outplayed in the second half. I have to admit Benfica was fortunate to get 1 point out of this. I like Trappatoni and have defended him all season and will continue to defend him, but I believe taking out Karadas was a mistake. Also, Miguel and Geovanni were not healthy and Trappatoni should not have played them, hopefully they didn't injure themselves more.

19. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    It looked like Simao was half-a-step offside on the 2nd goal, but the 1st Rio Ave goal should not have counted either because the ball was out of the quarter circle on the corner kick, the linesman missed it and Rio Ave scored. In the end it all equaled out.

20. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    Are you comparing one goal scored after an clear offside with a goal that was scored after a corner kick with the ball out of the quarter circle?....
    P.S. Do you manage to see by how many cms the ball was oustide the quarter circle?!

21. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    Offside, not offside, who gives a ********!? Bottom line is we played like a second division team in the second half and should've lost the game. Why take out Karadas for Aguiar when the game is 3-2? Trap actually thought that rubber defence was going to hold on to the lead for close to 30 minutes. Bollocks. Everytime Porto slips, it's the same ********, they can't take advantage. :mad:

22. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I only saw the 2nd half of the game, but I listened to the 1st half on the radio and the commentator and Jorge Courado (not sure how to spell his last name) both said the ball was clearly out of the quarter circle (he even said alot out) and the linesman and everyone else on the field missed it. So in my book an offside goal and a kick taken from an illegal position that leads to a goal are the same thing.

23. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I agree 100%.

24. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    Benfica had all teh chances so far to kae over first place. Hope they don't realize too late about these wated chances. Porto still could get on th groove. I am not sold on Sporting being a candidate