SL Benfica vs. Academica 24ª jornada

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Benfica4Life, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Guilhe

Guilhe New Member

Jan 26, 2008
  2. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    More than a team win of your own...that equals pathetic.

3. Sporting#1

Sporting#1 Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  4. Omega1alpha

Omega1alpha Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Serra das putas
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  5. Omega1alpha

Omega1alpha Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Serra das putas
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thanks for sharing this. Funny shite...

Sporting fans need to enjoy a probable second place finish because they are going to be a disaster when Bento leaves. Next year you guys might get blown out 30-0 in a series, but we can then just blame it on a new coach and new tactics. It's ok because I won't go on your forum and make fun of your team because Benfica and Sporting both suck at this point. It's too bad were not Porto fans because I might actually enjoy watching Portuguese soccer. At this point, I'd rather sit under the vineyards and eat some goat cheese and sardines...

As for the season, I really had doubts we could do better than 3rd place, but I was hoping for better. At this point, we might actually finish forth like the past season. A few weeks ago, I was pushing for a CL spot, now I could care less because the team needs to be sold and bought by foreign investors!

6. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    You got that wrong.
    The best is a SCP win, and Lampioes losing again to BRIOSA. :D

At least your club improved, they didn't lose 3-0 like last year.

7. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Honestly now the game was really Benfa's domination, and were just unlucky to lose this. Now to say the goal is clean, Nuno clearly obstructs the goalie from playing the ball, had he just stood still, and let the goalie go around him, then you you might've have a reason, but once he moves he's obstructing play.
    The ref didn't make that many bad calls, but the one on Reys's diving, and ejecting a Academica player was ridiculous. Also why wasn't Martins punished with a yellow on the same play for his antics. Ridiculous. Sidney should have also been punished with a yellow, on clear elbow to the head, when he had no chance on a header and rammed into the Academica player from the back.

If you guys still think Martins is a good player, go ahead and keep him.
    I've seen this crap for years, a lot of promise, but no consistency or discipline.

Overall Benfa's deserved the win, but then again last week, and the prior week they deserved to lose, and came away with wins, thanks to the MIB.

Today they lost not by the ref's decisions, but by bad luck.

8. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    was that really so hard? Couldn't you of done this earlier instead of constant trolling. Overall I am in agreement except Academica had a handball in the box that should of been a penalty earlier in the game.

9. Guilhe

Guilhe New Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Nuno doesn't move. He's pushed by the keeper, every comentator and former referee I've seen give their opinion about that situation say it's either goal or penalty as the keeper doesn't try to go around Nuno, he just pushes him. And everyone agrees it's clearly not a foul on the keeper

So you saw all those bad calls but you didn't see the absurd Aimar offside, the arguable penalty on David Luiz nor the goal/penalty against Académica?

I had high hopes for Martins when he first appeared at Sporting. But his last few years there didn't impress me at all and I was against signing him even after he had a decent season in Spain.

So if we win because the ref gives us a penalty it's thanks to the ref but if the ref robs us a goal and has multiple bad calls against us it's just bad luck?

10. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Respectable post. Spoke the truth. If only all the Sportinguistas were like this.

Anyways, there was a clear penalty. If it was given, the whole game would of been a different story. And since Benfica had at least 10 clear oppurtunities to score, the goals would of been coming if we had gotten the PK and scored.

Oh well, doesnt matter now. Looks like were in the Uefa Cup again. If were lucky enough to keep 3rd.