SkySports FanZone - AWESOME

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Brushes Sand, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime
    This is what it's all about... absolutely hilarious.

L-O-V-E I-T.

Awesome. Hilarious.

On right now, 11central time, Thursday night.....

-bs

2. Nicky Butt

Nicky Butt New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    This show is AWESOME!!! I agree. Two Brits yelling at each other and dissing each others teams. Great stuff. You should show it every night.

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I would love to see a MLS version of this next year either on FSW or the MLS Direct Kick package.

4. Nicky Butt

Nicky Butt New Member

Jan 21, 2004

Um, the MLS sucks. It wouldn't work. Some loser from Dallas yelling at some loser from San Jose. Zzzzzzzzzz.

Part of the appeal is that it's two English guys yelling and half the time you can't understand what they're saying.

5. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

Erm............

Isn't that what Fanzone is? A couple of knuckleheads yelling at each other for two hours?

Get off your Euro-high horse.

6. Nicky Butt

Nicky Butt New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    I can just hear it now.

"He's at the 30, the 20, the 10, he let's a shot go in the endzone, TOUCHDOWN! Oops, I meant GOAL!"

Nothing like watching a soccer match on a football field.

7. ZonaGunner

ZonaGunner Member

Aug 23, 2003
    Tempe, Arizona
    They gotta have the Arsenal-ManU game on Fanzone this week! With all the controversy, it'd be a total hoot to hear the two fans going at it!

8. Warren Van Orden

Feb 29, 2000
    Richmond CA
    The schedule says indeed this will be the FanZone match this week.

9. ZonaGunner

ZonaGunner Member

Aug 23, 2003
    Tempe, Arizona
    Excellent. Well, that'll somewhat redeem things for them charging $30 for the Arsenal-ManU game on PPV!

10. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    The last 10 minutes of the Charlton-Newcastle match was priceless!

Thx,

Jay!

11. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

i was playing cards wth my roomate and turned that on. he thought it was obnoxious, i thought it was hilarious.

12. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    I can't wait to watch my Tivo'd fanzone game for this week, who's in it?

13. scottycap

scottycap New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I think that fanzone for MLS would be great....but the producers would have to carefully screen the "fans" in order to make it interesting and hopefully not vulgar or offensive.. I wouldn't mind...but the FCC would never let that stand. Perhaps throw in a few beers to lighten the mood a bit? I'd defintely volunteer for that job when I'm home.

I wonder what the Brits here would think about a having a Yank on fanzone in the U.K? Where do I sign up.

14. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

Righto. :rolleyes:

15. scottycap

scottycap New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Oklahoma City, OK

As long as they chose the proper venue's.. It could work...you're right about the football field though.. that would be pretty bad... If it were a big game at the HDC.. that would be different. Maybe have two U.S. fans during USMNT games? Not sure if that would work... It would be fun to try.

16. ZonaGunner

ZonaGunner Member

Aug 23, 2003
    Tempe, Arizona
    Fanzone last night didnt' disappoint. The ManU fans unreality was hilarious. He wouldn't admit a single big call that went ManU's way was questionable and wouldn't admit ManU players deserved any bookings. And the Arsenal fan filleted him pretty good on it a few times.

17. schoolofscience

schoolofscience New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    philadelphia
    atypical gobby,arrogant and vaccuous manure 'fan'. its interesting to see that more of this type are cropping up in chelsea shirts. like that one on football friday.

i hope arsenal run away with the title. as they will. unless the mighty toffees have anything to do with it (no, i cant believe it either).

nick.

18. Nicky Butt

Nicky Butt New Member

Jan 21, 2004

Um, people can swear on cable stations.

19. scottycap

scottycap New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Oklahoma City, OK

Ummmm, right....but if you think that MLS is going to let something like that be tagged as a "new" program and advertise it...doubtful. Even if you watch it on Sky, you might hear 2 swear words during the entire broadcast... But what you don't hear is two drunk guys swearing like longshoreman... big difference.

20. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been watching FSW for years, but I just witnessed my first FanZone match today. Hilarious! Middlesborough vs. ManU. Great stuff throughout--when I could make out what those crazy Brits were talking about, that is... :)

21. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Fan Zone rocks. Bring on the MLS fanzone ! :)

22. DAGSports

DAGSports New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Don't know about MLS, but according to ESPN Magazine (I think the issue before the current one), NewsCorp MIGHT offer NFL Fanzone for the #1 FOX game each week on NFL Sunday Ticket starting next season.

23. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Yea i heard about that. But why not experiment with it in MLS first?

24. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because MLS gets 0 ratings (with a few exceptions). To divide up espn2's already dismal ratings on to 2 channels would be a horrible idea.

The only way to do it would be to have espn2 provide SAP audio, with that being the fanzone. And there's probably not a lot of fans willing to pay their own money to travel out. I doubt espn2 or the league would be willing to reimburse travel.

And to experiment with MLS for an NFL broadcast wouldn't work anyway. Apples and oranges.