SKC v. Inter Miami 4/13 at 7:30 CT [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by KopRules, Apr 9, 2024.

1. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    So, like, I hope this all works out....

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still semi-rooting for Messi to play 120 minutes Wednesday and not even travel, so the team has egg on their face.

Kooth repped this.
  3. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Issue #1 detected. The first game ops email by the club:

upload_2024-4-10_13-25-12.png

When your club promotes the Goat, but next day says you cant wear the Goat's colors....

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, that's been on signs in the Cauldron itself for years. And it's the right call to do it for the Supporters' section at Arrowhead even if it's not an "enclosed" section like the Cauldron is at CMP.

5. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Im familiar with the rule as posted a CMP.

(But please, tell that to my seven year old for a game at Arrowhead).

Im perfectly fine with the rule, but enforcing this rule at Arrowhead makes considerably LESS practical sense than enforcing it at CMP. One reason being the fact that the area is ill defined and has multiple points of ingress/egress.

And the rule makes even less sense when the club promotes the visiting player over its own club, such as the case here.

Pick a lane SKC. Stay in it.

Thats my point.

Also, and this should've been obvious, but the rule lacks clarity. Is wearing an Argentina Messi shirt against this rule? What about an Argentina plain shirt.

SKC does do a lot of fan engagement stuff very well, but this is straight dumb *uckery.

PS-I should've noted that the email came from fanexperience@chiefs.com not sporting KC, but its clearly a branded club message.

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Argentina jerseys at other mls sites have been classified as opposing team colors from what I recall. Will depend on the signage in the stadium and security at the top of each section.

KopRules repped this.
  7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Messi (and Suarez and Busquets) played 90 minutes yesterday in Monterrey. I'm not sure he starts at this point. But for Miami given how we've played is probably better for Miami.

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some records I expect to fall tomorrow:
    Largest attended competitive home game for SKC: 32,867 9/27/07 (Beckhamless Beckham game)
    Largest attended soccer game in KC history: 52,424 7/25/10 (Man U game)
    Largest attended soccer game in MO history 54,184 8/10/13 (Madrid-Inter The Dome at America's Center STL)

And another record that could fall if the reports of 70K attendance are correct.
    Largest attended game (home or away) in SKC history: 67,523 2/27/22 at Atlanta

IASocFan, KopRules and Kooth repped this.
  9. Kooth

Kooth Member

Sporting KC
    Mar 11, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Been a while since I have attended a game at Arrowhead with that many. Back in college my Uncle had tickets to a Monday Night Football game. San Diego as I recall and Chiefs won it late on a kick off return. Gonna have fun whether or not Lionel shows up.

10. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i don't know about you all, but I am wearing an old 90s/early 2000s jersey because being back at Arrowhead with it just feels right.

KopRules repped this.
  11. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And
    And this is why moving the game to Camarohead was always the right decision.

12. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their No. 10 Messi

Our No. 10 Salloi

13. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point; as long as we win, I don’t care.

That said, if the attendance today causes the team to say ‘maybe we should spend more to bring in talent’ in might be worth it.

Kooth repped this.
  14. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great game so far! Hopefully some of the casual fans see the quality and come watch at Children's Mercy.

15. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m way too cynical to expect that at this point.

IASocFan repped this.
  16. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we got a boost from the ManU game, hoping for something similar here. But you're probably right.

17. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #17 lukeD, Apr 13, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
    Erik "I only score bangers!" Thommy

Kooth repped this.
  18. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The drop in quality from Walter to Hernandez is like a cliff. Hernandez slow to everything.

When did Pulido become terrible? Invisible.

Salloi, PVs golden child....totally useless but no other LW can ever play a single minute.

Kooth repped this.
  19. SportingKCFan

SportingKCFan Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Pulido and Salloi were absolutely garbage tonight. But was PV ever going to sub them out? No, just use two subs for injuries. Brilliant.

20. drhoades00

drhoades00 Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    • Needed to bring off Alan for JFR at the 60th because he was already out of gas
    • Needed to replace Salloi once it was noticed that he was apparently abducted prior to the game
    • Needed to build/develop a deeper roster so he trusts at least a few people to bring on
    Agree with the comment about the dropoff from Walter to FH. Was Memo injured? Was surprised we didn't see him instead. Not sure it would have mattered.

We really needed to have Shelton available to really lock it down. Once we have a full toolbox things will improve I'm sure.

BenDover repped this.
  21. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Memo was questionable tonight.

22. Kooth

Kooth Member

Sporting KC
    Mar 11, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So PV admits he made a mistake in 2012 and did not rotate his squad enough and supposedly this is one of the valuable lessons he says he learned and yet tonight he makes 2 subs, based on injuries, not based on tactics. Also it was clear that Miami has a team mentality and that they like to mix their play up. SKC looked disjointed with no anticipation for play options and predictable and yet again showed weakness when under pressure. Basically same old same old from PV.

23. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Might have been our worst game this year.

Agada the only forward asking questions.

Johnny should have been brought on 20 mins earlier for Pulido (and re-configure the midfield).

Pulido is not at a professional level right now. He’s terrible. His contract is an anvil. Fat and slow and he slides to space which his teammates already have covered. Really bad.

dgb09 and BenDover repped this.
  24. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with all the comments so far. It is a shame that on the biggest stage that SKC has ever performed on, they ended the game looking like an amateur team. I don't know if SKC won over any new fans last night playing like they did. When is PV going to get this team playing a full 90 minutes? Besides Thommy's golazo in the 58th minute, the second half was rife with bad passes, bad decisions and overall lethargic play. Even the announcer made a comment of how differential they were in the last 20 minutes of the game when only a goal down.
    To reiterate what others saw:
    1. losing Walter hurt a lot
    2. Pulido was awful. Couldn't move, couldn't hold the ball, fell down more than Busquets, practically invisible
    3. Salloi looked like he played scared all night, also mostly invisible.
    4. Felipe was in over his head. Left Messi wide open to score his goal.
    5. Agada is strong, aggressive and gave the back line fits, until it came to scoring.
    6. Thommy was a lion last night. He went toe to toe with one of the best fullbacks in the world and scored two goals. He was the only reason SKC stayed in the game.
    I guess the big positive is SKC sold a lot of jerseys and made bank on the gate. Moving the game to Arrowhead was a good decision in the short team for SKC monetarily, but did nothing for their image nationally or locally as a top MLS team.

25. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The broadcast said PV was something like the sixth or seventh longest tenured coach IN THE WORLD. The club has limited ambition. The product on the field reflects that. This roster is good enough to make the playoffs. That's not saying much.

As for the product on the field, we have Thommy, Walter, Rosero, Radoja, Agada, and Davis who almost always play at high levels. Include JFR when healthy. Everyone else sucks.