"skate" noftsinger

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by stanfan, Nov 15, 2004.

1. stanfan

stanfan New Member

Nov 14, 2004
    i have never posted before and not sure if this is appropriate, but i thought this might be of some interest to former freedom fans, stanford fans, and soccer fans. it is nice to see little skate still lending a helping hand. she sent this letter out last week.
    "November 8, 2004

Dear Friends and Family,

On December 7, 2004, I will be arrested and put in jail. I have the honor and pleasure of (believe it or not) serving time behind bars for “Jerry’s Kids” to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association. The MDA Lock-up, is a charity event which receives national attention and is held annually in the Bay Area. I need your help to raise the “dough” to bail me out of jail. You can also pay to keep me in, but don’t even think about it!

Somehow I was nominated for this; someone, somewhere thought I was “a prominent, good natured, caring citizen and influential with my friends and associates”, as well as having “a big heart”. Little do they know…..Once I am arrested, I’ll have my mug shot taken and be put behind bars with other leaders in the community.

I’d like to include you or your company on my list of contributors who are helping me raise my “bail’ of $1,800. Your donation of at least $ 25.00 would help MDA continue the fight against muscular dystrophy.

The Mission Counties Chapter serves people with neuromuscular disease by providing a clinic at the Stanford Medical Center, assistance with the purchase and repair of wheelchairs and braces, area support groups and a special camp for “Jerry’s Kids” each summer. MDA also funds research grants to help find the causes and cures for over forty neuromuscular diseases that affect people of all ages.

I sincerely hope that you'll take this opportunity to support MDA. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at skaten18@stanford.edu. On behalf of the families which MDA serves, thank you!

Warmest Regards,

Sarah Kate Noftsinger
    Jailbird Extraordinaire"

------
    EVIDENCE LOG MDA Lock-Up

IF you would like to make a donation, please complete the following form and email it back to me at skaten18@stanford.edu :

Name or Company: __________________________________________
    Address: ___________________________________________________
    City/State/Zip: ______________________________________________

Type of Donation: please check a box

CASH
    Donation Amount: $________________________________

CHECK: please make checks payable to the Muscular Dystrophy Association
    Donation Amount: $________________________________

Please send cash and checks to:
    Sarah Kate Noftsinger
    Arrillaga Family Sports Center
    641 East Campus Drive
    Stanford, CA 94305-6150

CREDIT CARD:
    Donor Name: _____________________________________________
    Donation Amount: $________________________________________
    Address/City/Zip: _________________________________________
    Phone: _________________________
    Type of Card: (circle one) AMEX VISA MC DISCOVER
    Credit Card #_______________________________
    Exp. Date: /
    Name Printed on Card: _____________________________________

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me 804-337-9898 or email me. Also, if you would like a tax deductible receipt, please check the box below and I will mail one to you!

Yes, I would like a tax deductible receipt.