Sir Alex Fersguson shocked by comments from Arsene Wenger [R]

Discussion in 'England Rivalries' started by Motterman, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sir Alex Ferguson was said to be "shocked" at Arsene Wenger's claim to have seen a supposed rules infraction committed by Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira in which Vieira was given his marching orders by ref Steve Bennett.

"I'm shocked really," the fiery Scot claimed during his post match interview with MUTV.com "Did Wenger really claim he saw the incident in which Vieira was sent off for?"

Upon hearing that the incredible claim was only for the Frenchman to hurl claims of "cheat" at Dutch striker Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Ferguson soon deduced the reason for the the Arsenal manager's sudden gift of eyesight, "I'm disappointed in Ms. Wenger, after years of not seeing any problems with his side's 'unique' disciplinary record, that he would pick this moment in time to suddenly start commenting on diving and cheating. Maybe since Jeffers has been on loan, he's not seeing it at practice every day." mused the United gaffer. When reminded of last week's Sky's DOTW (Dive of the Week) by Arsenal winger Pires, Ferguson was left speachless for the first time in his career. A United spokesman later confirmed that Ferguson had swallowed his whisky flavored gum at the reminder.

2. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha. Ha, ha. Ha again.

Tottenham sucks.

3. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do your part!

Do your part in helping the FA determine which punishments to hand out:

[​IMG]

Phil Neville! That's a 12 match ban for niggling your neck in between poor Lauren's outstretched hand!

[​IMG]

Lauren again the victim! This time it's Ruud Van Nistelrooy who must have sprinted into the middle of 5 Arsenal players backwards and Lauren (bless him) had no choice but to reach out to defend himself! That's a 2 year ban for you Ruud!

4. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    a push in the back?? thats wot your bent outta shape about?? this issue really has gotten seriously blown outta proportion~~ ya ya whinging gooner blah blah blah blah.,. worse things happen on normal corner kicks~~

5. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again, the phish puts it into the proper perspective. Thanks from the sensible world.

6. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Motter, when did the entire ManU world achieve sainthood?

7. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus, this is the Rivalries Forum and that's the best you got? LOL!

8. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are a such a
    [​IMG]

9. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Best Post of Rivalries so far. I should hold a smack-off like ElJefe in the MLS Rivalries forum, just to see what kind of smack material everyone has got.

10. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know I can do better, Motter. I'm at school and the bell just rang. No time to think.

11. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is clearly a trap. The material in this revelation knows no bounds. :D

Will Motterman take the bait? ....stay tuned.

12. ZonaGunner

ZonaGunner Member

Aug 23, 2003
    Tempe, Arizona
    A voice of reason in a sea of sensationalism. If only the FA had an iota of such a common sense perspective. Frankly the FA ought to suspend itself for awhile, as it botches everything it touches.

13. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    Re: Do your part!

a 12 match ban?? i'll say twenty, the fa doesn't take well with niggling necks, phil should have known better.

14. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

15. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ferguson got himself sent off a few weeks ago. WHERE DOES HE GET THE BALLS TO TALK ABOUT ANYONE ELSE?????

16. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe that's because IT'S THE FIRST TIME IN HIS ENTIRE MANAGEMENT CAREER HE'S EVER BEEN SENT OFF?

17. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Do your part!

That cheeky bastard Phil Neville got off with only a warning! Once again, the FA show their favouritism for Manchester United. :rolleyes:

18. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quoting yourself is fun!!!

19. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Only the once eh? It's still a pretty good achievement to get yourself sent to the stand when you're a manager rather than a player. And how many times has Wenger been sent off? None that I have heard of. So what we are saying is that manager with a poor disciplinary record (1 sending off) is "shocked" by one with a perfect disciplinary record (0 sendings off). He's got some front that Ferguson.

20. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Village People

[​IMG]

21. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Ferguson has been managing for over a quarter of a century... Wengers been about for a fair while, but not nearly as long. Secondly, Ferguson is talking about the TEAMS disciplinary records... I'd say ManU's has been better than Arsenal's over the last 14 months (start of last season), wouldn't you?