Simek: Sheff Wed vs Bristol City 9/1 (R)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by Principal Firebush, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Principal Firebush

Principal Firebush Smorgy Borgy Borgy

Jun 20, 2006
    Ohio
    Bristol City takes an early lead, 0-1. Simek not at fault.

2. Principal Firebush

Jun 20, 2006
    Ohio
    Wednesday putting a lot of pressure on, Tudgay bicycle kick beats the keeper but cleared off the line. Still 0-1.

22nd minute, Bristol City defender looking like an NFL cornerback swatting away a long pass with his hand, no penalty given.

3. Principal Firebush

Jun 20, 2006
    Ohio
    Simek with a poor cross then the left winger almost gets past him on the counter but Frankie has enough speed to catch up and give him a tough angle to shoot from.

4. Principal Firebush

Jun 20, 2006
    Ohio
    FT, Bristol City's early goal stands up. Sheffield Wednesday had most of the best opportunities and could have scored a few with decent finishing and the penalty that was missed. Simek was pretty good, he had a couple of mistakes that might have been punished at the highest level but I thought he was their best defender.

5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Wednesday are better than this.

I guess they should take solace in the fact that Sunderland started the year terribly a year ago and still won the division. There's plenty of football left to be played.

Of course, I don't think there's a Roy Keane on the way to kick their season into high gear.

6. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree Im completely perplexed! We need some damned central defenders!! Owls are playing piss poor right now. I know for a fact theyre better than this.

Thats my solace as well, Sunderland were basement dwellers this time last year. Laws neds to do whatever he did second half of last season

7. JuanPeron

JuanPeron Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines
  8. Dynamo Kev

Dynamo Kev Member

Oct 24, 2000
    He's OK but not Aresenal material.
    I was disappointed with his crossing during this match..

9. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
  10. Dynamo Kev

Dynamo Kev Member

Oct 24, 2000
    they were probably there to see Wednesday's new signing, Dutch winger, Etienne Esajas. He is far too good for the CCC.. Speed, moves, touch, etc..

11. WarriorSoccer

WarriorSoccer Member

Nov 3, 2005
    How reputable is the source? I remember him being linked with Everton, but the price tag on him was too steep. I know you don't get to be a fan favorite by being an average player, so he must be pretty good, but how good is he? I've only seen him with his club against the USL All-Stars, and he hasn't really been with the national team enough to get a a good gauge on him. Anyone that regularly sees him play able to give a decent talent report?