Silverbacks alumni

Discussion in 'Atlanta NASL' started by realmadrid1086, Nov 25, 2014.

1. realmadrid1086

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 29, 2002
    Alabama
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's use this thread to keep up with former Silverbacks players. At least it will help us keep our minds off what has been a dour offseason so far...

The Colorado Rapids announced today that they will not pick up the option on Joe Nasco and 10 others. Story here.

2. realmadrid1086

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 29, 2002
    Alabama
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Matt Horth update:

His team, Leiknir Reykjavík, won Iceland's 1. deild karla (second division), earning promotion to the Icelandic top flight (the Úrvalsdeild karla). He finished the season with 17 appearances and 6 goals, according to Transfermarkt and Soccerway. It looks like he was the team's third-highest goalscorer (two midfielders had more goals than he did).

From his wife's Instagram account:

[​IMG]

The Earl of Lemongrab repped this.
  3. RutgerATL

RutgerATL Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mac Kandji is getting a lot of playing time at HKJ Helsinki. They came up short in the Champions League qualifying and have one more game in the Europa quals. They still have a slim chance of making it.

4. Foxinc

Foxinc Member

May 17, 2010
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
  5. Foxinc

Foxinc Member

May 17, 2010
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    And now he's cut. That was quick.

6. realmadrid1086

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 29, 2002
    Alabama
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sucks for Joe. He can't catch a break. I would think the door is still open with the Silverbacks, especially since Ati is gone.

On Matt Horth again: I tweeted him about his plans for next season. He sent me back a DM saying he had an offer in Iceland but decided to pass on it. He's hoping to stay in the US.

7. realmadrid1086

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 29, 2002
    Alabama
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Columbus Crew have acquired Chris Klute from the Colorado Rapids. Story here.

8. RutgerATL

RutgerATL Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From a Flight 19 post, Joe Nasco lands in Ft Lauderdale.

9. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    eliminated:

Club Brugge KV claimed first place in UEFA Europa League Group B and denied HJK Helsinki a round of 32 berth with a 2-1 success in Belgium.

3 goals for him though:

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2015/clubs/player=250072701/index.html

realmadrid1086 repped this.
  11. realmadrid1086

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 29, 2002
    Alabama
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Junior Sandoval and Junior Burgos will be teammates again next season with Jaguares de Córdoba, which recently won promotion to the Colombian top flight. Sandoval will wear No. 9, and Burgos will wear No. 10. I hope that's an indication they will get a lot of playing time this season.

12. Foxinc

Foxinc Member

May 17, 2010
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Poku debuted for NYCFC in the second half in their friendly against St. Mirren. He had a really solid game and the announcers couldn't stop talking about him. Pretty excited to see what he can do this year.

13. realmadrid1086

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 29, 2002
    Alabama
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My Spanish isn't very good, so I apologize if I misinterpret some of this. It appears both Junior Burgos and Junior Sandoval made their debuts for Jaguares de Cordoba in the Copa Águila against Envigado on Wednesday. They lost 1-0.

It seems Burgos put in a good shift. On its Facebook page, Jaguares said, "Gran trabajo de Junior Burgos, en su debut con Jaguares." I believe that translates to "Great work from Junior Burgos in his debut with Jaguares."

The Juniors are the two on the bottom right.