Silva's Free-Kick up for Goal of the Year

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by John L, Oct 29, 2014.

1. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Vote early - Vote often

http://www.mlssoccer.com/gotw/goty2014/round1/group-a-d

This is the first of four of eventually 16 groups, and each group has four nominees. So you can vote for whoever you want (or not) in the other groups.

As odd (and heretical) as it may sound, I don't think this was one of the "BEST" goals we've had this season, but I guess MLS is taking these out of the vaults of Goals of the Week.

2. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I voted for Will Johnson out of that group...it was just a super slick goal and I don't like free kicks as goal of the _______.

3. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad I'm not the only one...
    It was hard to not vote for Silva, but will's run of play goal vs. silva's freekick is no contest

4. freekickwiz

freekickwiz Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    Under the endless sky
    Club:
    DC United
    Voted for Silva.

Winoman repped this.
  5. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #5 fatbastard, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
    I voted for Silva in that group. I voted for 3 better goals in the other 3.
    I don't even think that was one of Silva's better goals this season, let alone one of United's.

I liked the old Bandai Team Goal award better than the individual award, I like team build-up goals usually better than individual masterpieces. One of the goals in the bunch was a great team goal, maybe a Seattle one, but since that's not what the award is, I didn't vote for it in its group - the guy you'd have been voting for scored a routine goal after the hard work was done by the guy(s) with the assist.

Do they have a best assist award, because I would have voted for the one where the guy trapped the ball with his back to goal, juggled it once, then passed it over his shoulder to the guy who scored. Can't remember what team, I think I remember him wearing red :) Hey, it way yesterday when I watched those videos, I can't remember stuff forever when it's not United related :)

Winoman repped this.
  6. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I voted for Silva, partially because I'm a homer, and partially because it's a really sweet goal, but Johnson's goal would have been worthy of a vote, too. The skill from Adi to juggle the ball, then set up Johnson for the volley was ridiculous.

Winoman repped this.