Silke Rottenberg Thread

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by kickinthehead, May 29, 2008.

1. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Because she deserves her own thread. Because her hairdos deserve her own thread. Because she revolutionized goalkeeping in women's soccer. Because she retired from the German NT today.

I loved her interview, she was very classy and spoke very well and very supportively of Natze.

[​IMG]

2. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Work hard ... play hard!

[​IMG]

3. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    You do realize this is a rivalry forum, right?

So, you've just invited everyone to an open season on Silke. How kind of you.

:D

4. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Well, i thrive on youse jealousy. Youse countries with lame ass goal keepers.

Seriously though -- do we need to move my thread?

I keep posting here because we have the funniest and wittiest posters (myself included).

5. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    redcard, I'm sure you could be a fluffy bundle of love if you just tried. Come on, feel the love!

6. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    No, we don't need to move your thread. If you're that comfy here, I'll leave it be.

And FYI, Smulan, there's absolutely nothing involving Germans I want to feel. Nothing.

Well, Anja's kinda cute, but those nails scare me.

7. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Spoken like someone who hasn't met me.

:p

8. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    *sigh* I think we've lost her, kickinthehead. She's beyond hope. At least we tried.

And the ********ing nails I don't want to hear about. (You know it's all about technique, don't you?!)

9. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Well, hell, we're all funny and witty (and dare I mention amazingly beautiful) compared to our subject matter here. I mean, come on. This is like shooting fish in a barrel, like swatting a fly with a Lincoln Navigator.

Nice of Silke to speak so well of our liebchen Natze, but what did you think she would say? "Now that I'm no longer the second string goalkeeper, Germany is doomed."?? She's not so stupid as that. But Silke, honey, they tossed you out the window long ago. You're yesterday's news, old hat, stuck in the 90s, and you've been nothing but sloppy seconds to darling Natze for a while now. They didn't even ever let you have a proper mullet, did they? Tell us how you really feel about Team Germany. Can't you feel the anger welling up inside you? Don't you just want to let it all out? That Steffi Jones tramp did pretty well for herself with a book... isn't it your turn now? Let's have it!

10. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    But don't you want to know about the inner pants? Maybe somebody else out there can sneak a feel and let us know.

And long fingernails are bad. Always. Everywhere. On everyone. And should not be allowed on soccer players, for sure.

11. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Am I a bad person if I don't know what a Lincoln Navigator is? Or if I've never owned fish, a barrel or a gun?

Define 1) long and 2) bad. The rest I get.

12. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Weel now yer fer sure not American! Ah 'spose there's folks as might not be bad people, just on account of bein' furrin an' all, but ah ain't so sure everyone can truck with that. Can't trust anyone as has never shot a bass in a barrel, now, can ah? Ah'smulan over should ah even get inta this nex' bit 'bout fingernails...

1. Longer than 1 millimeter past the end of the flesh of said finger.
    2. Because, ouch!

Decorate them as much as you like. Color them bright green, Gothic black, cherry red, or paint stripes or little teddy bears on 'em, I don't care. But no longer than a millimeter!

I'm sure Saint Silke never had long fingernails. You only ever need to get your fingernail ripped off by saving a hard shot once in your life. Once is all it takes. You will never, ever have longish fingernails again. EVER.

Or are you talking about something else?

13. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I've shot tequila: Surely that counts?

And I now know what a Lincoln whatsit is. Double-checking Silke's nails, I see that she has them way back to the pulp. Obviously very careful, our (ex-)Silke.

So today Silke and her fingernails, yesterday Ariane Hingst and corsets.... Any suggestions for what next?

Can't have anything too football-related, mind you, or people will think we have one-track minds.

14. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    And just to throw something kickinthehead's way, so she won't realise her thread has been hi-jacked:

[​IMG]

15. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006

Figures that the only woman Rotti would bottom for is Prinz.

16. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Re: Silke, aka Trent Reznor

No worries.
    You can still see her on tour this summer with NIN.

[​IMG]

17. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Re: Silke, aka Trent Reznor

Damn, dw. Don't be trashin' Trent Reznor like that.

Besides, do you really want to picture Silke Rottenberg singing 'I want to ******** you like an animal?!'

18. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Good point Red. What was I thinking!!??? I swear though, every time I'd see her in goal I'd think Reznor, but he is better looking than Silke, and much more talented.

19. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    As if .... Why is that little boy trying so hard to be pretty? Oohhh ... I'm pouty ... maybe some Alabama teenager will think I am hot? I'm so cutting edge, I bedazzle myself ...

20. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    That is the best comment I have ever read. Seriously. I live a sad life.

21. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Yeah, I left kickinthehead some positive rep for that one. :D

22. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Whaddya talk?! You just recognize brilliance when you see it.

:)

23. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    It's gotta be a ************ American car. One of those monster trucks those idiots use to drive through the wilderness of Beverly Hills just in case there are mudslides or falling rocks ...

24. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Ah, I don't know what all that stuff is about, so I just do my praising in public.

25. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Even though kickinthehead is such a big head and the last thing she needs is public recognition. :rolleyes: