Signing and Acquisition Rumors

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by xjuniorrulzx, Apr 12, 2011.

1. lazulyblanco

lazulyblanco Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
  2. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    I must be utterly stupid because I don't even understand the whole deal there. He traveled to Canarias, and has been there for two weeks, but he's just watching the practices?

3. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Sounds to me like the kid is sitting waiting for Xela and Tenerife to hash out legalities before he can practice. And if that's the case why the hell wasn't this taken care of BEFORE he left? This kid is sitting around doing JACK!!!!!

4. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Esta calentando la banca :eek:

5. lazulyblanco

lazulyblanco Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Pues resulta que Gerson Lima fue engañado por un amigo y la prueba era falsa. Realmente, si ni siquiera tuvo acercamiento del club, no se como pudo pensar que la prueba era real, algo inocente de su parte. Pero ahora que ya esta alla, tiene que aprovechar para ver algun otro club de españa esta haciendo pruebas o algo. Para que el viaje no sea en vano.

http://www.lared.com.gt/index.php?o...-paso-la-prueba-en-espana&catid=34:nacionales

6. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Wow, what a total f-ing screw job. That sucks.

7. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Sólo en Guatemala. :rolleyes:

8. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ********, eso es el colmo. Que humillante para el jugador.

9. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Yo propongo que todo post de algun rumor deba ser acompañado de links a entrevistas DE LAS DOS PARTES cuando se publique. Y si no, tarjeta amarilla. En serio mods.

10. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Exacto.

Pues por esa razón existe este hilo de "Rumors". Pero no hay que publicar notas hasta que este verificado, con un post basta.

11. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    De acuerdo con todos ustedes, se acuerdan mucha k les dije y Popol tambien lo ha dicho, k lared.com aveces no tiene las fuentes correctas. IF its legit like Prensalibre or Fedefut that publicised about Carlos Villa u know is a go or if i get an email from ALmeida or Raul from our Fed. u know is a go. But so sad about Gerson Lima, i hope the Federation could put some sort of complaint to FIFA regarding these so called "player Reps". :mad:

12. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well, what a screw job "a friend" set it up, or a "player rep"? Screw that, your agent is supposed to take care of all that stuff. He's the one selling you to the teams and he's the one in charge of taking care of you.

Very bad mistake on Lima's part too.

13. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    como dicen en mi pueble, asi se prende :D

14. Evolute

Evolute Member

May 11, 2010
    MD
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Castillo to Durgapur of India's Súper Liga!

El mediocampista guatemalteco José Carlos Castillo fue contratado por el equipo Durgapur de la naciente Súper Liga de la India.

Castillo, de 20 años, fue contratado junto al costarricense Alonso Solis y el veterano nigeriano Augustine Azuka "Jay-Jay" Okocha, quien fue compañero del Dwight Pezzarossi en el equipo Bolton Wanderers en Inglaterra, en el equipo indú.

http://www.guatefutbol.com/index.php/news/13-featured-news/12043-castillo-jugara-en-la-india-

15. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Wow! To play along Okocha, no matter where, no matter how old he is, would be such a privilege. One of my favorite players ever.

Looks like Crespo and Cannavaro are heading there too :eek:

16. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This is the same league where Crespo, Cannavaro, Pires, etc will play. The draft was more of an auction:
    http://www.livemint.com/2012/01/30235659/Five-of-six-teams-in-first-edi.html?h=B
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...india.league.1st.ld.writethru.0494/index.html

17. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
  18. butters0154

butters0154 Member

Jan 26, 2012
    SCO
    Club:
    CD Suchitepéquez
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got mixed feelings about this move, can someone explain how this will benefit him? it seems like hes going to learn alot from these veteran stars but, i dunno?

19. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Welcome to the forum.

The first benefit is monetary. Then, training and playing among players of much higher caliber than at a U.S. university. Given the set up of the new league it seems likely that he would be a starter for his team (why would they pay $80k for a player somewhere in the other side of the world, otherwise) which would give him much needed professional experience.

He might have other reasons himself which I don't know about. They made an offer to him, and he took it. He did sound very excited about it during a La Red interview Monday afternoon. There is no telling what the true level of the competition would be until it starts, but they sure seem to have the money to spend on bringing all kinds of big names to the show.

20. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Definitely have to agree about playing/training with higher caliber players. This will give him a great advantage in other international leagues if this one doesnt work out.

21. butters0154

butters0154 Member

Jan 26, 2012
    SCO
    Club:
    CD Suchitepéquez
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea, i guess i can see this as a stepping stone in his career. Maybe it can open doors to Europe or if not bigger Asian leagues like Australia ,China, Japan and Korea. anyone know the specs on his contract like Length and worth?

22. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    The contract is for three months, which is the length of the tournament. No idea on the $$, don't know if the salaries have been disclosed yet.

23. butters0154

butters0154 Member

Jan 26, 2012
    SCO
    Club:
    CD Suchitepéquez
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wait three months wtf? what is he gonna do with the rest of the year? go back to guate?

24. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    My guess is go back to school since that's what he was doing anyway, unless he gets picked up by another team.

At worst it's a good-quality, well-paid 10-week camp.

25. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    $18k, thats what Castillo is getting i read in futboldeguatemala.com