Sign of the apocalypse #452

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Malaga CF fan, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    The RMN business section also has an article on Anschutz buying Man United. I guess the Financial Times is citing sources as saying that Phil has met with team officials. AEG is denying it, but everyone else seems to think that it's true and that it's makes sense for him to go after ManU. I'm not sure if this is an outright buy or just a stake, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Plus, with that guy who owns the Tampa Bay Bucs increasing his ownership of ManU recently, is it possible that one of the worlds most famous soccer teams could be owned by a couple of Americans?

3. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How awesome would Man U live at Regal Cinemas in HD be? I'd go!

4. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    I'll buy the popcorn!

5. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    "How awesome would Man U live at Regal Cinemas in HD be?:

I'd prefer a stop in Denver during the next exhibition tour.

6. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Back on topic, a true sign of the Apocalypse...

Apparently on KBPI this morning, Spenny was on the air and said some fairly positive things about Powell, particularly that he was impressed with him in training the past week and thinks he can definitely contribute to the team.

Take that as you will... maybe someone who heard the show first hand can better echo Spenny's comments.

7. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Well I listened to him on the Bigsoccer radio show and he said he's an experienced EPL player that plays a very physical game and will certainly contribute to the team.

Maybe after all this time ... Powell will win our hearts and be another step towards us raising our first CUP!!!!

8. Ingmar4Rapids

Ingmar4Rapids Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Denver, Colorado
    I read recently (Post article?) that Crawford will be the holding mid because Trembly "isn't comfortable" with that role. This can't be our strongest pairing because neither seems to be a holding type mid. Maybe if Powell gets in their with his physical play, as noted by Spenny, we can get a miraculous win. This could be a tough night without either Kyle or Pablo.

9. stevedent

stevedent New Member

Sep 25, 2003
    Westminster
    red card from Powell since Pablo won't be playing :)

10. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Powell played, and everything's going to be alright.