SI Article on DC United's Barra Brava

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by SirFozzie, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rudyirons

rudyirons New Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Long Beach, CA

Both Chivas LA and Galaxy are in Los Angeles where he lives. What I find a bit strange is that you live in Conneticut support a team in DC and another across the Atlantic. Which is it?

2. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    USA, ok? No matter how much you may think it sounds better, the name of the team is Chivas USA.

3. rudyirons

rudyirons New Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Long Beach, CA

Been to HDC when Chivas LA is hosting the G's or better yet CA? Probably not.

4. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who is Chivas LA? Are they related in any way to either Chivas USA or CD Chivas Guadelajara?

5. rudyirons

rudyirons New Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Long Beach, CA

I heard through the grapevine that Chivas USA is trying to drop the USA for LA which would TOTALLY KICK ASS! :cool:

6. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    Wo, Wo, Wo, hold on a minute Mr. Moderator, Mr. Lead Per Example, First of all lets not start by using profanity and insulting people. What I posted was exactly of what BBBulldog did. He found a picture of the Legion that in that game they were not that deep, and then he compares with a picture of La Barra that is in full force. Then he states that there is no comparison and the winner is clearly displayed by just looking and comparing the pictures. My point is that if an argument is going to be open, then do it right and dont bullshit just how he did.
    I did the same thing and many of you found it to be disrespectful and rude and believe me that I know that! you know why? because your boy BBBulldog started.
    In addition to your picture that you posted Mr. Sachin, I clearly see that it is against L.A. and I am glad to see that thanks to us you guys could draw a big crowd and now with what Landon did with you guys and your team expect an even bigger crowd motivated and ready to scream their asses off at Landon but again THANKS TO US! So again I welcome all comments to argue but do it right! No insults

7. Foots

Foots Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Ellicott City, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Dude, just shut the hell up.

It's already embarrassing that you support two teams. Let alone whoring yourself in this thread.

8. L.A. SOCCER NATION

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    The only thing that comes to my mind when I read your name is Putting my big ass "foot"s up your ass and leaving it until you swear and confess that your a queer.:D

9. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    When the ******** have moderators ever been looked to as leaders? They're hall monitors at best.

BBBulldog didn't go digging for a picture of Legion looking small while the Barra was full. He compared the two groups when the same team (not a rival) was playing against their side. Pictures from any game involving Club America or Guadalajara are COMPLETELY irrelevant. As are comparing pictures of the barra with DC playing Chivas (who?) to Legion with Chivas playing LA.

That wasn't even the Barra in full force, it was hot as hell that day and everyone was a bit lethargic. Witness The Awesome Power of a Fully Operational East Stand (TAPOAFOES):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last one's not Barra, but Screaming Eagles, who are adjacent to the Barra.

Chivas USA have some of the more passionate supporters in MLS, but you have absolutely nothing to stand on.

10. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    He's a sports bigamist? Never mind, trying to argue with those people is a lost cause. It's like trying to argue with someone who claims that ESPN hates soccer.

Sachin

11. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    Of course not :D

12. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chivas LA? I never heard of that team.

13. L.A. SOCCER NATION

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    Wow! I am sure impressed! Now can you put some other pictures aside from the ones when you guys played Chelsea! Its so obvious looking at all the blue jerseys(LOL) Aside from the L.A. game this past weekend you guys have not pulled in a big crowed. The funny thing is that lets not forget that you guys always show-off one side of the stadium when the other side across from you guys is freakin lonely. Talk to me when you guys fill the stadium all around and NO! please dont show no more pictures against Chelseas, L.A., Real Madrid or go back to 2004. Like Sachin said "its just a waste of time"
    Its starting to smell here, Im getting the hell out of here!
    [​IMG]

14. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    the Chelsea Revolution? neither of those are Chelsea little dude. That sort of crowd is about a monthly occurrence at RFK this year and last, have fun in hell little dude :D

15. Colonial717

Colonial717 New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    Do you work for Fox News? Right click the bottom photo you quote. Now click view image. What does the website address say? And the best part is that I had to do this to figure out which game it was because it looks like every other game DC plays. The top one is obviouly the New England Playoff game in 2004, you can see Matt Reis standing there. The one that you didn't quote is also from last year's playoff game against the Fire.

16. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Wow - you are a true moron. If you had half a clue you would know the Chelsea game was played at FedEx and those pictures are clearly RFK. Try again loser.

And when exactly was Matt Reis ever mistaken for Peter Cech?

17. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    It's only pic I had from Rapids this season. It was a 200 degree game so my poor photographer went down in first 5 minutes and had to be carted off so she didn't get any others till at the end from back. I can see myself in that one :D

How are you not getting it, you can't be that dumb. All I did was post a picture of Chivas vs uninspiring opponent from West conference and then DC vs same opponent. It was not Barra full force. It was BB at 4pm in sweltering August DC heat in what has been described by us as our worst atmosphere this season. Strength of the group shows in little matches vs nonexciting opponents, not in "derbies." 3 points is 3 points. That's why I didn't put up our pictures vs LA or Chicago or NJ.

I don't really care much about attendance, DC's not bad but it has nothing to do with supporter groups. My club in Croatia drew average of 3000 a match 2 seasons ago but had atmosphere to bury DC, Chivas and Chicago combined.

First one is NE. Second is Barra vs Chicago (you know, one where we got knocked out 4:0 in playoffs in our home. that picture was taken as we're losing 4:0, now go look at it again). Third is SE vs Chicago. All were played at RFK while Chesea wasn't. Speaking of jerseys I don't see one player other than Reis in pictures, are you hallucinating?

First I don't see why he would even post Chelsea, we don't get as motivated for friendlies so it wouldn't be any better. But since you want, here's Chelsea where all 3 groups were mixed up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can do my best and find any other game. How about you put up LA and Chivas vs Columbus, KC or Dallas and I look around and do the same. =) At least we're easy to find pics off, there's probably every game last few seasons in supporter pictures thread on general board (i can hear NE boys groaning).

Seems to be your only option at this point.

18. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  19. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    Well, if you're gonna criticize DC fans like that...then show us some pictures of your ChivasUSA or Galaxy fans that will overwhelm us. And no...not pictures from that recent Chivas doubleheader against Barca. Oh, and not zoomed in pictures of a 20-30 Chivas fans holding some red and white tablecloths please.

You know...its one thing if a Chicago supporter were coming in here and talking shit about supporter's groups numbers and tifo. But...an LA fan??? GMAFB.

So who do you root for on LA derby day anyway? :rolleyes:

20. BigKris

BigKris Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    Time to move or close this thread. It ceased to be N&A about three pages ago.

21. Foots

Foots Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Ellicott City, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Only a F.A.G. from LA will mention "queer" in a Barra Brava thread.

22. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG TIME since ive seen a poster make such a complete and total jackass out of himself on big soccer like L.A. SOCCER NATION has here.

Man I wanna take you to task on so many different things. THe list of what you need to be corrected on is so incredibly long and arduous, that I dont really feel like taking that much time, doing that much work, spending that much energy on a poster as imicilic as yourself.

Oranges and apples are being compared by YOU. Have you been to RFK? Weve broken 20 K even 24 K many times when LA has not been the opponent. Please. hardly anyone here comes to see the visiting teams. 99.99999999999999% of the fans in the stands are here for D.C. UNITED.

Good LORD, you really need to learn to contain your jealousy. Sure I think were great, probably some of if not THE best fans here in DC, but im not going to gloat over it, and ill give credit where credit is due. Its due to Chivas, Chicag, and LA, in THAT order. Get over your bitterness, get off your ass and get out to matches and coordinate something to help YOURSELVES instead of coming on here bitching and whining because it isnt YOUR teams fans that are getting noticed internationally. Please.

Chico: SPOT ON! Great posts in here!

23. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chivas fans booing thier own keeper? Yeah, that's class.
    :rolleyes:

24. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Didn't seem like Legion booing, but dudes behind south goal.

However would be funny to watch LA Soccer Nation excuse that sorry ass atmosphere if he wasn't bitch slaped out of this thread :)

25. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that "atmosphere" was pathetic.