Show the world your CM Squad

Discussion in 'Games' started by GoHawks4, Sep 28, 2003.

1. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's mine, I'm in 2006-2007.

[​IMG]

2. Fah Que

Fah Que Member

Sep 29, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I have a lot of re-gens already, but here is part of my team.

San Marino

serie A 2008 (was in C2B when the game started)

Not a lot of big names, but my team qualified for UEFA cup through Intertoto cup. I got almost all my players from free transfers.

GK Jose Manuel Reina (best keeper in the game. Barcelona cut him for no reason)

Strikers

Lucas Toni
    Louis Saha
    Landon Donovan
    Mirko Vucinic

Midfield

John O'Brien
    Rodrigo
    Marquinho
    Nakata
    Marc Vivien Foe
    Hassan Abdul Moniem
    Victor Cortes
    Kaka
    Nelsen Cuevas

Defenders

Carlos Boncanegra
    Juan Pablo Cardenas
    Paolo Castallini
    Igor Tomasic
    Dario Smoje
    Mato Neretljak
    Jorge Ayala
    Song Jong-Kook
    Christian Gyan

3. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How good does Bocanegra get? I was considering him in my PSG file that I just started.

4. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    n00b Question

How do you get Screen Copies from CM4?

5. Fah Que

Fah Que Member

Sep 29, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Sorry no idea. I just got him myself on free transfer from Chicago fire. In my game he has marking and tackling stats at 18 which is decent, but his anticipation and positioning is only 14. I play a zone marking system and I like my defenders having at least 18 in positioning and 16 in anticipation.

But since I got him for free, I can't complain.

Edit to add: Mido is a complete bust in my game. I got him on free transfer from Ajax, but he would go through a long stretch without scoring. He can be brilliant for 2-3 games in a row and then fall into a slump again. Eventually I had enough of him and sold him for free to lower my wage bill.

6. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: n00b Question

Just hit PrtScn and then go into paint and hit paste.

In my Liverpool file, he has more goals than matches played nearly every season, and with his great heading skills, he can set up a lot for the other striker too.

7. Luther_Gabriel

Luther_Gabriel New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    In my most recent game I am playing with AS Roma.

2002-2003 Season

Defenders: Samuel, Dellas, Panucci, Candela, and I aquired Christian Chivu.

Midfielders: Totti, Emerson, Tommasi, and I brought in Geremi.

Forwards: Montella, Delvecchio, Cassano.

Formation: 4-3-3

Season Summary: We started off the season poorly and were in 9th place by the new year. We were knocked out of Coppa Italia in the second round. We did play well in the CL though, and we advanced to the semifinals before being eliminated by AC Milan. We started playing much better in the second half of the season and we finished 3rd in the league.

2003-2004 Season

Defenders: Samuel, Chivu, Dellas, and I aquired Lucio. Panucci and Candela were sold for a good profit.

Midfielders: Totti, Emerson, Tommasi, Geremi, and I aquired Aimar.

Formation: 3-2-1-1-2

Season Summary: We started the season well, but Juventus was almost unbeatable, and we trailed them all season. We were knocked out of Coppa Italia again this year. The Champions League was another story though. In the semifinals we needed two goals to beat Man U at OT, because we trailed on road goals. It was 0-0 until the 88th minute when Cassano chipped the keeper. Then in the 90th minute Cassano struck again for the most dramatic victory I have ever had in CM4. We won the final against Inter Milan when Aimar scored a volley in extra time. Cassano was Serie A Young Player of the Year and Samuel was Serie A Defender of the Year.

2004-2005 Season

Defenders: Samuel, Chivu, Lucio, Dellas

Midfield: Totti, Aimar, Emerson, and I aquired van der Vaart, Maresca, and Brighi. I sold Geremi for a big profit.

Formation: 3-2-3-2

Season Summary: We got off to a great start and stayed at the top of the table for the whole season and won the league. We failed in Coppa Italia once again. We had another great CL campaign, and we reached the finals again. Once again we faced Inter Milan. This time Totti was the hero with two goals including an extra time winner.
    AS Roma swept the FIFA and UEFA awards except for goalkeeper. Totti was Player of the Year and Striker of the Year, Emerson was Footballer of the Year, Lucio was Defender of the Year, and Aimar was Midfielder of the Year.

2005-2006 Season

I have the exact same players as last year because I thought the team was almost perfect. The season has just started but we are doing well. I may look to add some defensive depth at the winter transfer period, and maybe next summer I will bring in a new striker because Delvecchio and Montella are aging. I hope to win the elusive Treble this season.

8. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina
    In 2005-2006

[​IMG]

9. Fah Que

Fah Que Member

Sep 29, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Is Clint Mathis any good? :D

In my game, I tried to sign him on a free but surprisingly he resigned with Metrostars. He never left MLS and stayed there his entire career.

That shows the maker don't do their homework.

10. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina

He's just starting his fourth season for my team and he has 52 goals and 27 assists in 128 games.

11. iansfavouritecopilot

Jun 21, 2002
    Hartlepool, UK
    [​IMG]

Got sacked after 2 seasons at Middlesbrough (the first of which I came 3rd, second 15th) and after months of waiting I got the West Ham job. 14 games left and bottom by 4 points, I managed to finish 14th. This is my squad 2 games into my first full season and things are looking good - lacks a bit of experience though!

Convey is out on loan at Roma due to his Work Permit mysteriously getting cancelled about 2 months after I'd bought him.
    Avergae age of my first team is about 18/19. My oldest regular is kanouté by far. GK is 16, as is my left back, defensive midfielder and ofcourse Adu. My right-winger of a captain is 17!

I am terrible at posting pictures so I hope it works!

12. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you post a screenshot of Adu's ratings?

13. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! No more MLS in CM..WAAAAAAHH!!!!!

14. iansfavouritecopilot

Jun 21, 2002
    Hartlepool, UK
    Give me 5 minutes Sir and I'll show you the lot

15. iansfavouritecopilot

Jun 21, 2002
    Hartlepool, UK
    [​IMG]

This is with EP5. I dont use an editor or anything.

As you can see I brought him to Middlesbrough after he spent a year in Turkey, then I had to shell out £3m to get him to West Ham.
    28 caps at 16! He still cant really last the full 90 of an EPL game - especially since he spent the whole summer playing for the USMNT. Claudio came back fully fit but Freddy was wasted.
    In one game (against Canada IIRC) he ran past 19 players, bagged 2 goals and 2 assists over about 75 minutes in a 4-0 US win.
    I generally play him behind the front 2, but since I have switched tactics he's been sitting in the middle playing just off Joe Cole.

Hope this was all the info you wanted, mate. If you wanna see anything else (like how Landon Donovan is worth £20m!) just gimme a shout.

Much thanks goes to www.upload-it.org

16. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's great, thanks a bunch. Adu is at Galatasaray in my file.

17. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Adu with only a pace rating of 12?

Kinda seems on the low end....

18. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina
    How did you get him to England in the 1st place. I've been trying to sign him since i started the game, but I can never get a Work Permit, even on appeal.

19. iansfavouritecopilot

Jun 21, 2002
    Hartlepool, UK
    In one game I remember trying until March to get a WP, and in another it was abit easier, but usually they grant one after the first or second appeal - albeit a conditional one, and whatever that means I dunno. Would he have to play x% of games per season for it to be renewed? I couldnt say.

Anyways, Ive got something else to show you. This is what I accomplished last night :)

[​IMG]

I recieved an amazing amount of £10,000 for my 3-0 caining of the Quakes infront of 66,000 at the Rose Bowl. Wow. I'll make sure I dont spend it all at once.

20. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

I started this one today.

21. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    AJAX 2004-2005(3rd season)

GK-tim howard (took over a year to get him), martin stekelenburg, michael rensing

D-christian chivu, phillipe mexes, andreas hinkel, zdenek grygera, nigel de jong, jelle van damme, murillo

MF-emre, steven pienaar, rafael van der vaart, freddy adu, stefano seedorf, shabalala, diego, lionel mathis

F - mido, zlatan ibrahimovic, edson buddle, michael krohn-deli

btw mido scores like a madman for me, was the eredivise player of the year in 02-03

22. sccerchek

sccerchek New Member

Aug 20, 2002
    Gulf Coast
    Im in 2006, I signed anatoli todorov the first day i started playing, now hes worth $50 million with stats above ruud, del piero and such.

I bought him for like $700,000.

I also purchased a young Diego Armando Maradona(its weird same name,and country as orignal maradona) He was 16 and I loaned him to napoli, hopefully get awesome stats in future.

23. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't that Maradona's son?

Bluedaddy, I've always had the same experiences with Mido, and that's the way Mutu's been working out for me so far, 7 goals in 7 league matches.