Should we revive the off-season near news and rumors thread?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Knave, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Should we revive the off-season near news and rumors thread?

I thought that was a fun and useful thread last off-season, and so I was thinking we ought to do it again. If you're new or if you don't remember, here's a bit that'll tell you what that thread was about.
    What do you think? Should we revive the off-season near news and rumors thread?

2. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's get this party started, it's a long time until we begin our march to

3. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Let's not be hasty.

I think we need a poll.

4. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Revelation Smackdown! If you so much as dare to post something off-topic to DC United and hide it in one of these silly threads, I will hunt you down and ship you off to become a Metrodonkey fan faster than Ronnie O'Brien wets his pants after seeing the Demanator! I will brook no tolerance or common sense in this matter! Either you are with me or you are Metrodonkey!!!! :mad:

;)

5. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. and this relates to DC United because, uhhh... cause I said DC United! :D

6. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Don't make me send you on the long ride to Jersey!!! I'll do it and won't even feel bad about it!!!

I'm normally much worse than this. I would say that I actually am in a good mood! You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

;)

7. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Don't we need a poll about whether or not to have a poll?
    Damn! Who told revelation?

8. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    No, we need to activate the Sub-committee on Polling...

:rolleyes:

9. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh quit whinning you babies and just do it!!!!!!!!

Please. :D

10. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Look who's talking about not being hasty. Do you seriously think we should start a poll about the off-season rumors thread before we've settled whether or not to change our tagline?

Slow down there young fellah! Where's the fire????

11. Cantankerous

Cantankerous New Member

Apr 15, 2003
    United country
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your assumption being, of course, that we like you when you're not...

:)

12. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    I don't think it will be nearly as great as last year without Goff updating us now and again.

13. mcontento

mcontento Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Catalina Wine Mixer
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll get this party started...

Rumor has it, Nelsen is going to play in England next year. :D

14. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    I think this will be the best off-season ever. Seriously. Just look around, we've had a Mejido sighting, two soccer basher kornholio dramas, tales from the drunken wedding party, plans for decapitating goats, Deep Thoughts by Sanguie: Reflections on "the Quiet Ball", and it goes on. About the only thing that we haven't had is an actual god's honest troll (not a shell of one living on his past glories) come and stir the waters.

So, let the rumours begin! Here's a suggestion: Eddie Pope may have called Kevin Payne asking to arrange a trade for him to come back.

Cheers,
    Tim

15. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    Let's wait till the expansion draft is over before starting it. So next week.

OR

We could start it now with the stipulation that only revelation-related topics are allowed. You know- what's he like, does he have any friends and if so what he pays them, various diseases that he's contracted, has the Cleveland stench worn off yet. Stuff like that.

God it's gonna be a great winter!

16. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    I think we need this thread to determine whether or not we need a poll which will in turn determine the status of us needing a run-off challenge for people who want to change the tagline, revive the rumor thread, have a happy hour, or any combination of the above. Then, once all that is settled, we will have accomplished nothing so we can start another thread like this one.

17. Cantankerous

Cantankerous New Member

Apr 15, 2003
    United country
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask bask

etc. etc. etc.

This describes how I will spend my off-season.

Don't need no stinkin' rumors.

18. gnat

gnat New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Ok, now my head hurts :confused:

Anyone hear any RUMORS about the equip sale yet? It's getting to be that time and I need to ... shop for x-mas presents. Yeah that's it, x-mas presents .... :D

-dave

19. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Ssshhh, there is no equipment sale.

Let's keep it private this year, PM only.

20. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    No.

Not enough apparently.

This would violate HIPAA and several FCC regulations on public decency to describe them here.

There never was any Cleveland stench, that was just my choice of Anacostia Dreams cologne...

:D

Ok, so I'm not very funny but I will make you scream like a Metrodonkey!

21. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm finding out about equipment sale but stay tuned for the mother of all UfDC auctions on eBay (I've seen the list of stuff, I ain't kidding!)

K

22. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

I have a serious crush on Sarah McLachlan

Oh, sorry... :D

23. gnat

gnat New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Yeah I imagine they have a lot of "3 star" stuff to off load on us this year. :D

Auctions are no fun, JH6 wins all those :(

-dave

24. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Make sure they include lots of Kevin Ara gear.

25. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Sorry is not good enough! I hearby strip you of your DC United fandom!

Please grab your squeegy and bucket and head north. When the land begins to stink, you will be close. Keep going until your nose bleeds from the stench and your ears burst from the noise and your mouth tastes like 500,000 year old ass. Then you know you are in the right place to join your new bretheren: The Troglodytes from Jersey: THE ESC!

Your job will be to clean the filth from people's windshields and to appologize for the mess as they drive through on the turnpike to places infinitely better like Wilkes-Barre, Pennsyltucky or Hell's Kitchen, New Yahrk...

Have a nice day! ;)