Should there be extra TAM/cap space for teams that qualify for the CCL?

Discussion in 'MLS: Commissioner - You be The Don' started by Eleven Bravo, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m very happy with New York Red Bulls and Toronto FC doing so well in the CCL. That said, I almost find it unfair that they have to face off against highly competitive teams from Mexico and then turn around and compete in MLS. As a result, I think we’ve seen Toronto FC struggle this season.

So, how about we reward the teams that qualify for the CCL with some extra space to target players?

2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if this has continued but early on in the life of the CCL the qualified teams did get extra GAM.

Unak78 repped this.
  3. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Did everyone use all of their TAM/GAM? i got the impression there was quite a bit left on the table around the league. I think this would be a decent idea, a decent reward for winning. But not sure it would have much practical impact if this season is to be typical. Players were being signed as fast as they could be found and it seemed clubs ran out of players they both wanted and were willing to sign before they ran out of the ams