Should Patrick Vieira,29 be signed?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MlLoh398075, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003

Actually ur full of ********.

U just can't accept that we don't want him

Ur just acting like a stuck up punk, thinking u can look into people's minds and apparently read their minds. So now ur telling me that deep down I really want him...yeah ur full of $hit alright.

My entire family are Real Madrid supporters except a few traitors, and taking away myself, NONE of them wanted him last year or this year. My father actually thinks Vieira is overrated and did not want hiim anywhere near Real Madrid.

Last year, I would have considered Vieira because Real Madrid had no one who even knew what the holding mid position was and I was afraid they would buy another dozen strikers, however, this year I wouldn't want him at any price unless somehow he became a central defender all of a sudden.

2. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    And we're so happy that your so happy with Vieira. However, we are sad that you don't believe us. Maybe two years ago we'd be lamenting this move, but not today. Enjoy Vieira. And again, I'm so happy that you're so happy.

Hala Madrid

3. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look, Juventus fan, if you want to chortle about your club's acquisition of Viera, do it in your own forum. This is the forum where we celebrate the fact that Viera is not coming to Real Madrid. :cool:

4. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    This thread is about whether Vieira should have been signed. Therefore everything that I posted has been relevant. I did not come here to talk specifically about Juventus, or even Real for that matter; the center of my discussion has been Vieira. You guys are indirectly insinuating that Juventus made a poor buy in Vieira, and therefore you should expect that someone, especially a Juve supporter, would be inclined to comment. As such, I am free to post here, just as anyone else. Don't be so ignorant as to turn away contrasting views.

Also, many posters on this site allegedly rejoiced that Vieira was not signed by Real. IMHO, this is still a load of crap, and I was just bringing the hyposcrisy to light.

Finally, and I repeat, you guys are not being objective when you say that Gravesen is better than Vieira. Gravesen is a strong, rough player whose key contribution is the aid of the defense; he is not a very good player going forward or even supporting the attack. Vieira can do what Gravesen does and more; he is far better than Gravesen going forward because is is technically superior to Gravesen. Ask anyone who is not a Real supporter, and see what they say.

Perhaps Real's problem nowadays is that they do not recognize a real galactico when he hits them in their face.

5. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I guess besides not knowing how to spell a word, also not knowing what the meaning of that word is, should stop somebody from using said word.

Hey, maybe you'll think of a cheery new definition while you explain how people being happy their team didn't sign a player has anything to do with 'hypocrisy', and this wouldn't be a total loss. :D

6. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And every Real Madrid fan in this forum has stated that he should not have been by RM. Why do you have trouble comprehending this?
    While ignoring what we write.
    You do realize this is the RM forum? :rolleyes:
    Hello out there! We are saying that it would have been a terrible buy for Real Madrid. There is a big difference.
    I think it is safe to say we are familiar with your view.

Allegedly! Hey, Mr Reading Comprehension, we have been screaming it from the rooftops!We were glad we didn't sign Viera last season, we didn't want him signed this season & we are thrilled he is locked down with another club. Check your dictionary on the definition of hypocrisy.

In previous threads we have talked about the decline of Viera's skills, his salary demands & where our club needs to go. Gravesen is a proven commodity for us & I would hope that if RM were to upgrade, it would be with Mascherano, or maybe Gerrard.

Actually we do, which is why we took a pass on Viera.

7. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I have one anal guy killing me about a typo and another breaking my post down sentence by sentence. I need speak no further about this topic. It seems fans of Real are just as clueless as their current management.

8. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Go away. Put down the Vieira picture, take a cold shower, and go share your obviously non-biased :rolleyes: views with your friends.

Hala Madrid

9. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You really are clueless if you think I was only commenting on the typo. What else is new. :D

And here I was totally looking forward to seeing the new and improved definition of 'hypocrisy'. Darn it. Darn it hard! :(

10. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    For what my late opinion is worth, at 29, for 20 mill euro and with the season he had last year, hell no.

11. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
    Personally, I think there's no reason to sign Vieira *now*, but that's because the position he'd play is already well covered. However, last year, I do think he would have been a great signing. I think the first half of the '04-'05 season showed that what the team had sorely needed was a replacement for Makalele, or at least a solid DM. Vieira would have been an answer to that problem before it was exploited by other teams. And for the record, I often thought that Real dropped the ball by getting Owen instead of Vieira, although I didn't post here on BS at the time.

However, when it comes to being defensive, Gravesen is as tenacious (if not more) than Vieira. And his price and salary are a fraction of Vieira's. So now there's no reason to buy him. Juve's squad is all the stronger for buying Vieira. I don't know how he will fit into the team with Emerson already there, but you can't say that Juve will be even more of a fortress than before.

First, you're wrong about Gravesen's capabilities. He's not the most technically gifted player, I'll concede. But Gravesen is just as good (if not better) offensively than defensively. He was much better for Everton in that role at the first half of last season than Vieira was for Arsenal. But to me, your analysis of Gravesen's skill isn't that of someone who's watched him play many games.

Gravesen's performances for Everton have, quite honestly, been spotty. He's had some OK seasons for Everton, and then one exceptional one last year where he was the second best midfielder in the premiership after Lampard. And the main reason Gravesen was so damn good was because 1) Moyes moved him up in a more attacking position behind the strikers rather than as D-mid, and because 2) Lee Carsley tackled anything behind Gravesen into submission.

(it's interesting to note,though, that when Gravesen was having the best season ever for Everton, he was sucking it up on the NT at the same damn time. And when he was the driving force behind the NT, he wasn't so much for Everton).

But where I think you're right is in consistency. In the three or four seasons prior to last season, Gravesen wasn't as good in the EPL. Vieira always performed well and was indispensable player for Arsenal. IMO he performed better than Gravesen for longer, but only up to last season. So the argument would rather be: Should the quality of a player be based on his most recent performances, or what he's played like over a longer period of time. I think that's why there' been lots of talk about Raul's poor form on these boards.

The term Galactico IMO is only renewable on a per-year basis. Vieira was a much more attractive player last year. This year, not so much, but Juve just blew 13 million Euro's on him, so he's no chump either. And to be frank, I don't think they would have spent that much money on Gravesen.

12. 10_Ronaldinho_10

10_Ronaldinho_10 New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Isla Macacos
    Hey, we invented the word "galactico". We're the galacticos remember? Haha.

13. Milo74

Milo74 Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Milan, Italy
    No, he'll just help us kicking your team out of the champions league for the third time.

14. 10_Ronaldinho_10

10_Ronaldinho_10 New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Isla Macacos
    Help you do what? Haha, kick us out, don't make me laugh. The truth is that each time you kick us out you then loose in the next match or so. The last time we beat you, we became the new champions. How hard was that to bare? You lost against Milan the final, you lost against Liverpool, etc... etc... etc...
    Hala Madrid que sabe jugar bonito y no se mete a marcar como la triste Juve.

15. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Hey, if that makes your season, good for you. There a lots of teams that consider beating Real Madrid the high point of their year; we'll add you to the list. We actually prefer to win the whole thing and not settle for eliminating a particular team.

Sing it with me: Reyes de Europa.... Somos los Reyes de Europa.... Reyes de Europa.... Somos los Reyes de Europa...

Hala Madrid

16. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Don't mind the droopy Juve supporters wishing they will kick us out, they haven't won a Champion's League in such a long time, that trying to kick us out is the the only goal they can hope for. :eek:

17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Pero eso no te ayuda contro la Juve. Si nos vemos en Champions, te vamos a mandar a casa otra vez, Madrid patetico.

18. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    You didn't hear the remix.

"Eramos reyes de Europa" :D

19. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I didn't. When did it come out in 1998, 2000 or 2002?

¡Hala Madrid!

20. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Sometime in 2003, I believe. Quite possibly after the 3-1 thumping you got in Torino.

21. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And yet you keep posting drivel in this thread. Smacks of hypocrisy to me. :D

22. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vieira isn't coming to RMCF, so the discussion is pointless.

Closed.