Should he stay or should he go?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by soccrfn, Sep 24, 2003.

1. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    Re: Re: Are the LA fans kidding themselves?

you ain't kiddin PZ, hamilton deserves loads of abuse. i'm not sure how much the team additions/trades was sigi and how much was dougie, but i see more of doug's fingerprint on those than the sigster.

pineda-chacon and serna had to be dougie choices.

not so sure about the dallas stuff...

--

btw cl...

to continue the should he stay or should he go...

i think sigi deserves loads of blame for this season. there are 3 main issues i see with him

1) didn't re-evaluate the team after last season, which despite the cup triumph and carlos, was the worst team under his tutelage (well except for this one)

2) failed to take the first 8 games seriously enough relying on the belief that the galaxy peaks at the end of the season (which to an extent they did)

3) made an absolute *#*#*#*#-up of the san jose game after doing a good job for the previous 3 matches.

i would personally like to see him given a second chance with LA, i believe he's owed some loyalty after the success he brought.

however, after the san jose collapse, i wouldn't protest his sacking if a suitable replacement was found and retained before sigi got the can.

come opening day though i won't be unhappy to see the sigster sitting on the bench.

2. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Are the LA fans kidding themselves?

But how's the poor bench going to feel? For the sake of the furniture at HDC....fire Sigi!

3. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Are the LA fans kidding themselves?

You can't convince me that HMB was Sigi's choice and not Hamiltons. Lets not forget all the other problems (ticket prices, parking--both tailgating and traffic flow) concessions etc. that Hamilton has done next to nothing to address.

I also agree that some of the blame should be placed on Sigi...after all, he is coach, but I think he should get a chance to make things right. A poor start to next season, and I'll be the first to say it's time for a change there.

But lets dump Hamilton first so we won't get some AEG muppet in Sigi's place. ;)

4. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    doh. i totally forgot about bo (i bet some others would like to as well :) though i must say as the season wore on, he and the team started to gel a lot more.

but you're absolutely right about dougie hamilton, he should be first on the chopping block.

5. DouginSJ

DouginSJ New Member

Mar 15, 2000
    San Jose, CA USA
    I'll call the stadium concession people and have them double their order of churros...

6. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, I always like to have two.

7. el mofles

el mofles Member

May 16, 2001
    RC Mongolian BBQ
    Club:
    Birmingham City LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Give everybody another shot. The UCLA muker deserves at least another season for his past accomplishments. It was the start of a bad season the moment they unveiled those puke inducing uniforms. If you look like crap you play like crap especially if your uniform is made from crap.