Should Bayern bring someone in during the mid-season transfer window?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by miko, Dec 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    A back, perhaps. Thoughts?

2. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    Only players that have been linked with Bayern the past few months are Tevez (Boca), Friedrich (Hertha), Renato (Sao Paolo) and of Klose (FCK).

I highly doubt Bayern will bring in anybody during the winter break.

3. JeffS

JeffS New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cameron Park, CA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope they do.

Friedrich would be an excellent acquisition. Friedrich is an up and coming star, and a natural starter for the German nats. He would help solidify Bayern's central defense. Kovacs and Linke are having bad seasons so far, and Demichelis still needs more seasoning. Only Koufor has been solid in the central defense thus far.

Klose would be good as well, as Hitzfeld is now using a three forward attack, thus the need for more depth up front. Plus, Santa Cruz, while very talented, has looked lost at times. And Klose is having an excellent season so far (9 goals I think) while playing for horrible Kaiserslautern.

Tevez would be great, but he isn't interested just yet. It's probably better for him, as well as Bayern (or any other potential suitor), that he stays with Boca for another season or two. This way his game can fully mature without the pressure of adjusting to a new league and culture at such a young age.

4. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    If Friedrich does come it wouldn't be so sudden, I suspect summer the earliest time.

Klose? Hmmm I rather he go somewhere else, I'm still a little unimpressed by him. Werder Bremen seems like the likely destination for him.

Tevez? If he continues to impress another season... Bayern will likely not be his destination. Italy or Spain will snatch him.

Renato? I know nothing of this guy. Anyone here?

5. Texan

Texan New Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Given our change in tactics I really would like to see us sign somebody who can play in the hole. Deisler could maybe fill that role, but we simply can't count on him being available for consecutive matches.

Other than that I think a pressing need is a commanding center back who can dominate in the air. Our matches against Celtic demonstrated to me how vulnerable we are to crosses.

6. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    Supposedly Renato is coming to Bayern in January

24yr old Defensive Mid from Santos.

7. Texan

Texan New Member

Jan 8, 2001
    The January issue of World Soccer has a short blurb on Renato in their "Brazil - Next Generation - 10 players for 2006" section.

Renato - Santos - 15/05/79 - 4 caps

"The unsung hero of Santos. Wins the ball cleanly, passes sensibly, runs all day and can also score. Putting in a bid for the right-side midfield slot."

8. JeffS

JeffS New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cameron Park, CA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt Renato will be on the right side for Bayern, though, as Salihamidzic is doing great there. Renato would likely see time at central defensive mid.

This could be good. Jeremies isn't as good as he used to be, and Hargreaves has been hurt off and on.

9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes, i also heard of the Renato signings. Actually, I confused him with Alex. I thought that Alex was going to bayern. He is rumored to be heading to Real Madrid. So Alex might be the x-factor in the CL round of 16 sine both bayern and Real madrid struggled in the central defense. I guessed that the issue is now rested for me....

10. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    Renato has extended his contract with Santos for another year so it looks like no new faces for Bayern unless you count Zickler :D