Shock Jocks have gone too far this time

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ludahai, Aug 23, 2002.

1. AminKor02

AminKor02 New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Did you listen? Do you know the format? When it's clearly stated that you get 25 points for doing it in the church? When the DJs (contradicting what you say in your post) tell them they don't get points for doing it outside the church -- they have to go in to get the points? When the producer from the show believes he can blatantly lie about it and then proceed to call out insults to the church and claim the security guard had no right to infringe on his consitutional rights? (an obvious problem in today's society -- get busted with your hand in the cookie jar and then blame everyone else for not letting you steal the cookies).

Please tell us your real name -- that way I won't hire you by mistake if by chance I need a lawyer and there's a laughable outside chance that you might be one...

2. AminKor02

AminKor02 New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Bill, your posts have all pretty much hit it on the head. Perspective. Thanks for the supply...

3. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I realize I'm not exactly the Bible's target audience, but man, where do I START? Revelation? GONE. If you want to build a religion on opiate poetry, try Samuel Taylor Coleridge. You couldn't do any worse.

The Virgin Birth? DONE. OUT. SEE YA. Not even Genesis has done as much to divorce Christianity from common freaking sense as that story. "Mary was a virgin." "Uh, didn't Jesus have brothers and sisters?" "HERETIC!"

By the time I'm done, St. Paul is just a city in Minnesota. I'm taking a chainsaw to that two-faced egomaniac. It's supposed to be CHRISTianity, not PAULianity. If nine-tenths of the ass-backward fundamentalist social criticism doesn't come from that clown upstaging the teachings of Jesus in order to start a religious multi-level marketing scheme, then, in the words of "Bored of the Rings," I don't know lunch from din-din. You're CUT, Saul. Turn in your playbook.

The Gospel According to John. The mother lode of Christian anti-Semitism, right there. Ahistorical revisionist propaganda about two millennia overdue for the trash-heap of history. You know what, Johnny? LET the door hit you in the ass. I want it to leave a big old mark on your buttocks, just so when you sit down, you know you done been 86ed the hard way, sister.

Now, I realize the people of the Judaic persuasivision have what they call a Talmud or a Torah or whatever, that lets them know that you're not really supposed to stone people to death for adultery or homosexuality or eating a cheeseburger. But the boys and girls who follow the Chrizzist haven't heard the remix, so they're still taking some of that stuff seriously. So bye bye, Leviticus. See ya, Deuteronomy. I guess we're going to have to license the Old Testament like we do handguns, so that it doesn't fall into the hands of children and idiots.

Likewise the book of Genesis. Read a textbook, creationists. And what the hell kind of lesson is Adam teaching to the people? "When you're in trouble, blame the bitch"? You're the one God gave the nuts to, Adam, ever think of using them?

You know what else? Abel had it coming. I don't want to say the guy was a brown-noser, but his nostril hair was flossing Jehovah's pancreas, you know what I mean? So Cain put a little extra mustard on the hot dog - f**ck 'em if they can't take a joke.

Actually, just keep Ecclesiastes and the Sermon on the Mount, and leave the rest of it for Jack Chick.

Glad I could help.

4. Godot22

Godot22 New Member

Jul 20, 1999
    Waukegan
  5. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    WOW! I found something I can agree with you on. Is their some funny alignment in the stars or is it the typhoon in the Pacific Ocean heading our way?

6. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Gee, and I thought Martin Luther was bad taking out the last two chapters of Daniel, and totally taking away the books of Tobit, I and II Maccabees, and four other books from the Old Testament as well as adding the word 'only' to the phrase 'justification by faith'.

Difference is, many people take his words seriously and as a result are ignorent of the true wealth of the holy scriptures and are misled on a vital point of Christianity through his addition of one word. Or are you going to tell me that there are Protestant groups who do as much good for people as the Catholics do all around the world?

7. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan

What are you talking about? Jesus DIDN'T have any brothers and sisters (at least not in the biological sense).

Here is a point where the Fundamentalists differ from most Catholics. Most Fundamentalists take those as seven literal days. The Catholic Church does not take a position on the issue. First, because it isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things. Second, perhaps 'days' to God are different than 'days' to man. There has been considerable speculation here. Many Catholic writers have commented that there is nothing in Genesis that either speaks in favor of or against some form of evolution.

8. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    First of all, Metro Atlanta is a big place. Second of all, it is often said that there are two Georgia's; Metro Atlanta and the rest of Georgia. Metro Atlanta is very cosmopolitan. Atlanta has one of the nation's largest Korean populations. Atlanta also has one of the largest African-American middle classes and is often considered a center of African American culture. Atlanta also has one of the largest Catholic and Jewish populations in the South. Get outside Atlanta and it is a different story. Sure, there are some old timers in the Metro Atlanta area who might have feelings for the KKK, but don't tell me that they don't exist in northern cities. I spent a lot of time in my youth in the Boston area, and I find Boston to be a far more racist city than Atlanta.

9. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    OK tough guy. I lived in Metro Atlanta for many many years (judging by your posts, probably for more years than you've drawn breath). The Klan is, unfortunately, alive and well in the Big Peach.

10. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    I thought the Catholic Church was infallible? Or was that just the Pope?

11. dcaddick

dcaddick New Member

Jul 10, 2001
    On the Bandwagon
    Yikes Dan...I'm sure the lighting bolt will hit you at any moment.

12. AminKor02

AminKor02 New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    The pope is infallible in an official capacity. However, it is actually very rare that he speaks or acts in that capacity and it is a common misconception people have to say he can do no wrong. This explains why Dante put a couple of them in hell when he wrote "the Inferno" and he was probably right.

13. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    I'm not taking a stance one way or another, but just to be on the safe side, I'll not be hanging around Mr. Loney during lighting storms.

14. dcaddick

dcaddick New Member

Jul 10, 2001
    On the Bandwagon
    I heard that...

On a side note, I think being infallible would be pretty cool. Could you imagine if you professed to being infallible? No one could disagree with you.

Soccer is the greatest sport on earth.

I'm infallible.

Dodgeball is the second greatest sport on earth.

I'm infallible.

Yankees suck.

You get the point. I might take this whole infallibility for a test drive.

15. AminKor02

AminKor02 New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    You are infallible!!!

16. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The issue of '7 days' is important in understanding everything scientific and religious in the world around us. Einstein inadvertantly gave a proof that '7 days' is really about 16 billion years old via the Law of Relativity. If the Earth is NOT taken as the reference frame (i.e. use an infinite number of universal frames) then the entire history (16 billion years of Earth time) of the universe can be scientifically proven to fit in 6 short days of 24 hours each.

The Bible does NOT mention evolution. It does not say 'ye' or 'ney' to it. The Church (be it Catholic, Protestant, etc.) is what denounces evolution. There are a multitude of other topics that the Bible does not imply that are, or were, "common knowledge" in the Christian faith.

As an interesting sidenote, current science does NOT support macro-evolution -- the evolving of life between different phylum. Science does support micro-evolution -- the evolving of life to suit particular environs while still maintaining the basic DNA structure. Darwin assumed, incorrectly, that over millions of years that observed micro-evolution would translate into macro-evolution. Thomas Huxley, et al., were the ones to instigate the monkey-to-man theories...

17. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oppie and Anthony used to be aired out of Boston, MA. However, they were fired by the radio station after pulling an April Fool's Day stunt. They claimed, on-air, that the Govorner of Massachuesett's died in a freak accident. The problem was that the Govorner's wife and family believed them.

They are in syndication in Columbus, OH. I have listened to them in the past. However, they keep on getting worse and worse...

18. dcaddick

dcaddick New Member

Jul 10, 2001
    On the Bandwagon
    This guy is wrong...

I'm infallible!

19. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    comedy

20. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    That's not true, fundamental christian sciences dispute macro-evolution, but considering my background in the field, modern science acknowledges the many errors in Darwin's Origin of Species, but has generally accepted it as the basis for biology. Micro evolution occurs on a shorter time schedule & is limited to one species, macro helps explain how bacteria plasmids become animal ribosomes thru millions of yrs of symbiosis.

You can site a difference of opinion on how our children should be taught, but there is an ongoing revolution being fought in the courts as to which system should be instructed. Fundamentalist radical disinformation on creationism over scientifically supported material on species differentiation.

Oh and drop the whole KKK southern pride thing, it's an overgeneralization that does not adequately represent the modern south. Bostonians are just as racist and isolationist as any Georgain. Hollywood portays us as backwater hillbillies in the same light that they portray non-western foreigners as superstitious and backwater trogolodytes, & New Yorkers as hideously hostile trolls. These images SELLpreconceptions to the world and are adopted as truths, so that when an asian tourist sees a minority, they clinch their purse/wallet. To put it simply in an indirect quote from the Outkast," fear propogates mistrust." I think we can say that applies to religious or any other biggoted prejudice.

Dan, wow! At least you pts are well presented and based on your knowledge on the books, but if a lightning storm comes and I'm sitting next to you, I'll do my best Jesse Owens impersonation 4 shizzo.

21. Godot22

Godot22 New Member

Jul 20, 1999
    Waukegan
    Oh. My. God.

Here. Einstein wrote a book himself introducing the Theory of Relativity. Read it. Learn something about what you're babbling about.

The Catholic Church has reaffirmed its belief in evolution several times during the 20th century. Catholics may believe in some wacky stuff, but they're on the clue train in this regard. Plenty of Protestant denominations feel the same way. Evolution is incompatible with a literal reading of either of the two accounts of the Creation in Genesis--hence the widespread pantybunching epidemic.

Current science says that the bright-line distinction between macro- and micro-evolution is a fib invented by creationists who have belatedly realized that you can actually observe that phenomenon which you call micro-evolution actually happening, and they therefore look more insane than they already are by claiming that it doesn't.

If you want to assert that there is some sort of barrier which limits the scope of evolution to intra-species changes, you must propose a mechanism by which more radical changes are prevented, because there's no evidence in molecular genetics to indicate that speciation can't happen.

22. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    The earth is only 6 billion yrs old, not 16. We know this from radioactive decay directly and background radio noise indirectly. it's interesting to know the Catholic church doesn't have a position of the whole "God time" real time theory. The theory of relativity deals w/ the concept of space/time, where space and time are directly related. He postulated this while observing the irregular & nonelliptical orbits of Mercury around our Sun. The gravitational wells created by the sun account dirrectly for its passage. But hey, it's fun talking about theories you don't understand. My Southern baptist coworkers often talk about evolution w/ authority, while they have never studied it beyond the most rudimentary and biased level. That'd be like me discussing the principles of the Holy Sacrament and why Catholicism is depersonalized. They'd never buy it, yet i'm expected to respect their position on evolution because God created man in his OWN image and not of a monkey. The Good Book doesn't mention nuclear war or the 8 other planets either but we don't dispute those. Then again, fundamentalist radicals think the earth is around 6k yrs old & that all the other evidence is used to challenge our faith. OK.

23. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Neither. THe Church is VERY fallable and we do not teach otherwise. The Pope is only infallible when he speaks on issues of faith and morals and only when he invokes the "Doctrine of Papal Infallibility" for the lack of a better term.

24. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    I have always been taught in my cathecism classes that the Catholic Church does not take a stance on this issue. I will have to look up the specific reference in the Cathecism of the Catholic Church. I know most Protestant Churches take a view on this, but not the Catholic Church. There are individual Catholics who do take sides (both of them by the way), but his is their right.

25. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    This is because most Protestant sects take the belief that the Bible is the sole authorative source for faith beliief, where the Catholics take a more wholistic view. Most Protestants take the Bible literally (interesting because of how it was altered by the reformers in the 16th and 17th centuries) while the Catholics do not.