Shep Messing picks DC sleaze vs SJ in MLS Cup

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by okcomputer, Jul 29, 2005.

1. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    I'm starting to think Shep is a closet DC Fan. He picked them last year also.

2. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    ROFLMAO! United? This year? Not at all likely. If Metro doesn't make it, I would pick the Revs for the East and the Hoops for the West easy. United has only played well in spurts. They've had more spurts than a Jenna Jameson flick.

3. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I think NE will beat DC United in the semi's. NE might be the most-rounded team right now in MLS. They're loaded with goalscorers, have a sound defense, guys who can control the midfield and a keeper who is having a career year. Esky was hot in the 2nd half of the season last year but it doesn't seem he'll be able to recapture his old form with all of his concussions.

This was the first MSR report where both Zohn and Shep were down on the Metros at the end of the show (it was taped before Wed's game).

4. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    Thats where I saw it. They basically said unless Metro get 2 more good players this team isnt making the playoffs. NE got screwed up by all the national team call ups. I think once they have their full team they are the team to beat in the east. Also, if Dallas comes in first in the west which they probably will with all the home games they have left, they will have one of the easiest roads ever to an MLS cup. It will be a bad Colorado team in the first round and then they have to win a home game against either SJ or LA and the final is played in their new stadium. Plus, whoever makes it out of the east will really have had a tough time as every playoff game there will be a tough battle. I'll be really surprised if Dallas doesnt win the whole thing.

5. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    But he was right :D

6. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland

Shep had great foresight. It's a shame they didn't tab him to ref the playoffs. He could have used that sight to spot Earnie Stewart a mile and a half offside and Eskandarian's patented "volleyball trap" handball goal.

7. Vasco

Vasco New Member

Jun 8, 2003
    RIO
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Why are the metrostars consistenly only good enough to bad.

good enough to keep the passion in the fans, but never go anywhere.

and now the latest bring back the classic meloa, and see what he can do, after all he improved and won a championship after leaving us.

Who cursed this team?

8. socks

socks New Member

Dec 17, 2003
    oaxaca mexico
    man. shep motherfvcking messing. his autobiography was the first book i ever read. smart guy, drunk. not much of a surprising prediction.