shels looking for Baker

Discussion in 'New England Supporters Clubs' started by pocahontas, Nov 1, 2004.

1. pocahontas

pocahontas New Member

Jan 5, 2004
    can anyone shed some light on this article? I was under the impression he was on a 2 year contract with the rev's.

Baker Set for Shels Return?

October 25, 2004

Shelbourne are reportedly keen on recapturing ex Ireland under 21 Richie Baker in time for the start of the new season.

Baker who is currently playing for Boston based New England Revolutions has made it clear he wants a return to Ireland. With his contract set to expire Shelbourne are leading the chase for the 24 year old.

Baker who only played for Shels last season is one of a number of player currently being monitored by the Dubliners. Colin Hawkins, Kevin Hunt and Glen Crowe are also thought to be on Pat Fenlons shopping list.

if anyone has heard anything let me know. Thanks.

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    One year contract, with an option to extend.

3. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
  4. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Have to say, not especially surprising. With the play of Steve Ralston this season, it was going to be extremely difficult for him to see quality playing time. Personally, I'm a bit sad to see him go: great guy, and I loved the intensity and energy he brought to the team.

5. pocahontas

pocahontas New Member

Jan 5, 2004
    Thats really sweet to hear, Richie wouldn't be happy unless he was getting first team football all the time. I'm delighted he's coming home i know him well and he is a friend of mine. So i'm happy to see him back on these shores and back playing for Shels.

6. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    You know, albeit indirectly, Baker perhaps had a bigger impact than he might be credited with. For a number of years now, our primary right wing, Steve Ralston, hasn't demonstrated the best of his ability, this after a stellar 2002 season.

Maybe Richie gave Steve just the right amount of incentive and push to draw out those abilities that have made Ralston one of the most durable and consistent players in the league.