Share your logo ideas!

Discussion in 'Montreal Impact' started by nic_italia, Mar 14, 2010.

1. RevolutionFan

RevolutionFan New Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Warwick, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i actually agree its been the name since the early 90s, why change it? its already tradition

2. Trident

Trident Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Montreal
    Like our history of a team older than MLS, known from Morocco to Mexico?

SMH at a guy who likes the railhawks thinking Impact is a bad name for soccer.

get used to it, cause I'd put a silver dollar on the name Impact Montreal Football Club being used.

Which would no longer make it the impact/the montreal impact, but Impact/Montreal Impact.

3. Capt.Tsubasa

Capt.Tsubasa Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Maybe Saputo means the "shield on a shield" concept of Seattle's and Philly's logos. That is at least the only real similarity that I can see in both. Oh well, just a wild guess...

4. Monster_Pug

Monster_Pug New Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really like the name Impact for the same reasons as Longballer, but if they keep it I hope they keep it in French: Impact de Montreal FC. Makes it unique I guess.

5. vonlindner

vonlindner New Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    By the way, do we have any idea when this new logo is going to be revealed?

Personally I would have liked for it to be released before the beginning of the 2011 season, and for merchandise (pennants, jerseys, etc.) so be available now. Somehow I don't think they are going to be selling a lot of promotional material this year knowing that the logo and designs will change...

6. carnifex2005

carnifex2005 Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    The logo reveal is rumoured to be in May.

7. vonlindner

vonlindner New Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Is that right... Well, thanks for the information.

8. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    A lot of classic names don't have much to do with the city. With time we accept them.

The Impact name is synonymous with pro soccer in Montreal and everyone knows them. It's also got history - 19 years, championships, grudge matches, great players and big games.

Those saying rename the club will be about as successful as those who'd say rename the Whitecaps, Sounders or Timbers. Not happening.

9. Trident

Trident Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Montreal

jesus guys....

Let me break it down for the last time. That is currently the French version of the name. Impact de Montreal football Club, which translates to the montreal impact football club.

With "de" in it, it makes the name of the team, like "the minnesota wild".

Taking the "de" out, still makes it grammatical in french and english(important), it just switches it to be that there is a football club in montreal, such that it is called Impact.

That change would make it like Tottenham Hotspur, where the name of the local club has a name "Impact", but it doesn't directly refer to them, just like the official name doesn't make people call tottenham "the hotspurs", they only use spurs a nickname.

People who don't know french, shouldn't talk about "keeping it in french".

10. Monster_Pug

Monster_Pug New Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are a pretentious idiot. Thank you for explaining how grammar works. Also that last line was priceless. Absolutely priceless. That doesn't even make sense. I don't know French so I shouldn't be allowed to talk about keeping a name in French when really the only thing in French is 'de'? Did I mention you are an idiot?

11. Trident

Trident Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Montreal
    Well, the last line was there, because due to the fact you have no idea about the language, you can't realise that the name IS in french. Which it is.

So that's why I find it funny the response to what people have said was to keep it "in french", when the suggestions were already in french.

I'm not pretentious, just tired of people knowing nothing suggesting a lot without saying anything meaningful.

In summation:
    Impact= french word
    Montreal= french word
    Football Club= common in all french team names, ex: toulouse football club
    bs posters from outside montreal=add nothing

Don't take it too personally, no need to call a dude an idiot online. It's just the internet.

12. Hito

Hito New Member

Feb 2, 2008
    Teh Illadelph
    Speaking as an outside observer...these are pretty sweet.

13. Monster_Pug

Monster_Pug New Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there any chance of a name change in the first place? The website does say just "Montreal 2012"

14. carnifex2005

carnifex2005 Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    No chance at all. They've already said that they are the Impact when getting into MLS. Vancouver did the same thing (having Vancouver2012) as a placeholder until the official announcement of the logo.

15. Monster_Pug

Monster_Pug New Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, okay.

16. waltlantz

waltlantz Member

Jul 6, 2010

The middle one is best because of the strong contrast between the darker and lighter blue. They highlight differences in space yet they compliment each other as colors.

17. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Same thoughts here.

18. Loconate

Loconate New Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    2nd one for sure, these are great. Mainly because its not at all cartoonish and just a simple crest

19. vichuck

vichuck Member

Jul 25, 2008
    New Braunfels
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have they given a date(s) for when they plan to announce crest, colors, kits, all that stuff? It's probably in this thread somewhere, I'm just too lazy to look for it.

20. Trident

Trident Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Montreal
    End of may.

21. vonlindner

vonlindner New Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    As someone already mentioned, end of May. The link below brings you to the branding company that is actually redesigning the Impact's logo:

http://www.pigeonbrands.com/

22. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    That's actually the firm that did the 2002 redesign. 2012 will be with Sid Lee.

23. vonlindner

vonlindner New Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München

Is that right? I thought Sid Lee was in charge of the 360 marketing and that Pigeon was still the one redesigning the logo. Oh well, my mistake.

That being said, I am quite eager to see what Sid Lee is going to come up with in terms of rebranding and marketing.

24. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    From my work with branding firms, the logo is usually part and parcel of the deal - it's the most visible item and defines who you are. I haven't heard that SL were or were not doing the logo, though - I just assumed.

Have you heard that Pigeon was redesigning the logo?

25. ark47

ark47 New Member

May 4, 2011
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey all, just did this for fun and figured I'd share. Nothing great, I know. But I enjoyed making it.

[​IMG]