Shall we sing a song for you? - Other teams thread [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Achtung, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Of course, no denying that. But the fact remains, he has more muscle than Lampard, which means there's a better chance he weighs more, which was my point to Stud. Stud does what every other ignorant person does and assumes more weight=more fat. No offense or anything stud. Lampard also has that reputation because he was a tad overweight at West Ham, he's obviously gotten more lean, but he'll always be Fat Frank to me.:)

2. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I really want to know when he is going to be "matchfit". I've been giving him a lot of stick, most of it unfounded - I was just hyped up by what I'd seen of Tevez and what posters on this board were saying. But does he have pace? I don't think he does - it seems that everytime he's had the ball this season around defenders he's unable to beat them with pace. That kinda disturbs me. Obviously playing with another person up front will help, but speed and quickness is now a necessary part of our attack and he seems to lack it.

I'm praying it's all just fitness.

3. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thought I would say that hopefully Antonio Puerta will recover from his heart attacks although it does not look good.

4. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How the hell do you have a heart attack on 22 ...********ing scary that is :(

5. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It is strange but there was a Walsall appretence last week on his first training session and he just collapsed.

He was only 16 years old.

6. O Fenômeno

O Fenômeno New Member

Apr 21, 2007
    New Jersey

That game was jsut nuts..

I watched that like at 1am....it was a replay...made me spill my beer TWICE

7. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    Hey now. Waitasecond. All I asked was how should we call Tevez since Frank is called fat. I mean, we can call him Carlos Muscles, if that's what you think, I have no problem with that.

I'd still like for him to lose about 10 pounds of that thick stomach muscle he has though.

8. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    lol ok.

sdotsom I know what you mean. Tevez is an extremely quick player, yet he hasn't been able to burn a defender one on one since we've seen him for United. I still think he's going through that 'finding his feet' phase, similar to the one he had at West Ham where things didn't seem to come off for him. He also didn't really have a preseason with us and was just rushed into things because of circumstance. I'm not convinced that he's operating at 100% right now, hell, even his shots have been tame which is VERY unlike him. Look at his shooting for Boca, West Ham, Argentina, Corinthians and look at his shooting for us. He's not 'right' somehow so I'll just blame that on fitness and new surroundings.

9. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I hope so too, I have high expectations of the guy. The one shot he had yesterday was one of the tamest I've seen from him - the one Jenas "cleared off the line" according to MOTD. Shit, one of us could have cleared that while having a smoke, the ball was practically slowing to a roll by the time it reached the goal line.

Hopefully he'll get better soon - he just doesn't seem up for it now.

10. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not that it matters too much, but apparently Frank Yallop will soon be fired as coach of the Galaxy and replaced by Jurgen Klinsmann.

Dunno why Klinsmann would take this job and not the USMNT one earlier, but whatever.

11. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    My guess is $$$

12. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is that the same Frank Yallop that once played for Ipswich?

13. mhtwins113

mhtwins113 Member

May 9, 2005
    Club:
    Lincoln City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes.

14. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thanks for that, whilst I'm at it did he ever score against us when they were in top flight in the early nineties?

Can't quite remember if the name rings a bell because it's an unusual one or because of a goal.

We seemed to have a couple of disappointing results down there in that period of time when they had the likes of Chris Kiwomya and Jason Dozzell playing for them. There was that one game where Schmeichel came out to clear a ball but it bobbled over his foot which left someone free to knock it into the empty net, which I think we lost. It might even have been that one that Yallop scored in, if he ever did against us?

15. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was a surprisingly easy fact to find.

Frank Yallop scored for Ipswich Town against Manchester United at Portman Road on the 30th of January 1993 in a 2-1 win.

http://www.tmwmtt.com/sql/match_report.phtml?day=30&month=1&year=1993&sequence=0

16. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Great work, your googling skills are the envy of all men.

Good to see John Wark on the cover of that programme too, even if he was a scouser for a while. He was pretty much a full-time centre half around that time IIRC, but was always a threat from set pieces and I believe he took the penalties as well. He had a great couple of seasons around that time as veteran both defesively and with the goals that he scored.

Gonna dig out an old season review video in a bit to see if it was the same game where Schmeichs made that howler.

17. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How much to get me into shape?

18. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    You're out of shape? You look pretty fine in that avatar.(meow!)

19. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Being sidelined with a PCL knee injury for over half a year made me put on some weight. I'm not fat by all means, however layers of fat did creep over all my muscles. Needless to say I need to work on my mid-section.

20. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    So you can't do any cardio at all? If you can I'd say do like 15 minutes of cardio a day and step that up to like 30 minutes a day. I'd also say to watch your calorie intake to reduce your bodyfat.

21. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I just started sprinting again this week. I'll take it slowly and try to find some time to hit the gym in my packed schedule. Thanks.

22. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/

Use that to calculate how much Calories you should be taking in. It's time everyone saw those sexy Romanian abs.(no homo) ;)

23. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Did anyone hear about young Sevilla winger Puerta (who we were linked with not long ago)? He had a heart attack on the pitch, and apparently covulsed a few times in the locker room before gonig to the hospital where he's now in critical condition according to ESPN.

Its sad that such a promising talent's career is now in doubt. My prayers go out to him.

24. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have heard he stopped breathing several times and has had more than one heart attack. He is in intensive and it must be said that if he has had that many heart attacks then he may not play again.

BTW Those arguing about Tevez's body-fat/muscle. Challenge him to a mud-wrestle and you will soon discover the truth.

25. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I thought I would say that I want Red Star to beat Rangers tonight because they were the last team to play the Busby Babes and it would be poignant to play them in the 50th anniversary of Munich.

Dont like Rangers anyway.