Shake with the Quakes (Saturday, 8/13/05)

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This annual season-ticket holders only event will be held 5pm-7pm, immediately followed by the Earthquakes vs. Rapids game.

• Pre-Game BBQ
    • Soccer Celebration
    • Pregame (sans the Quakes starters that day) & Postgame (with all of the players) Autographs

You will need your Shake with the Quakes ticket (the one with Q pictured on it) for this event.

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In 1996-2002, this event was held on a separate day at Spartan Stadium (usually on the day following a Saturday home game) and had, among other things, a Q&A session with the GM, head coach and some of the players (though in either 1997 or 1998, the event was instead held in nearby Municipal Stadium with no Q&A session). This separate day allowed for less of a rushed feeling and made it more of an "event".

In 2003, the event was held immediately after an espn2 day game, but there was no Q&A session. :(

In 2004, the event was also held immediately after an espn2 day game, though there was a scaled-down Q&A session with then-GM Alexi Lalas.

This will be the first time that the event will be held immediately before a game. I'm not sure if there'll be Q&A session, or even if there'd be enough time for one. :(

Hopefully once the new local and/or committed ownership takes over, they'll start holding this event on days separate from gamedays again. :)

-G

3. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope so too!

4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember that in the earlier years, the Media Relations Director (or whatever the person's title was) would also give a guided tour of the stadium, including the broadcast booth, press boxes and luxury boxes, locker rooms, etc. It was pretty cool. :)

And if that was for old dilapidated Spartan Stadium, just imagine how much nicer such a tour will be in the Quakes' new South Bay stadium in a few years. :D

-G

5. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    Yeah, Goodsie...I remember when shake with the Quakes was just too awesome to miss. Now it's pretty lame. I don't feel so bad about missing it this year because it is going to be quite the uneventful event......Disneyland will be much funner, I sadly have to say about my Quakies........

6. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    Also, as this is a pre-game event, immediately followed by the game - NONE of the starters is going to be at the event.

(Read carefully the note at the very bottom of the letter you received, if you don't believe me)

However, there will be a separate post-game autograph session.

7. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, those were the good old days. I remember them well.... :p

Now that they're doing this pre-game BBQ, I'm having a hard time convincing myself that doesn't count as a tailgate. So I'm not sure I'm going to go. Besides, I can't show up until about 6 and then I have to go right in. Otherwise I will mess up the mojo. :eek:

8. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the reverse from past years--I might be able to check out this event, and then hang for the postgame session since it's a season ticket holder perk.

That would be a better sell. After the game is preferred, but on a day seperate from the event would be ideal.

A tour of the new facility when it comes up would be brand spankin' sweet! :D

9. akofman12345

akofman12345 New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    San Jose
    First off i dont have Q on my Shake it with the Quakes ticket, and second, wasent it supposed to be on the 27th of Augest?

10. Tony in Quakeland

Jan 27, 2003
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First, check your sock drawer.

Second, it was always TBD

11. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Q is on my Shake With the Quakes tickets. Are your season tickets the ones with pictures and your account # on them, or did you get a stack of Ticketmaster-type tix with no pictures? Apparently, some folks who didn't renew or order by the deadline didn't get the "pretty tickets" with all the historical pictures.

12. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS
    Ha!

I keep my season tix directly above my sock drawer!

Small world. :)

13. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once the new local owners take over, I'm sure that enough money will be pumped back into the Shake with the Quakes budget that it'll once again be awesome. :)

-G

14. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ironically, it was handled more as an "event" when the team was league-owned. :eek:

Go figure... :confused:

-G

15. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's gonna be sweet! :D