(Shake) & (bake) Tailgate....

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by URwormfood, Jul 13, 2005.

1. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The kegs seemed to have gone quickest this year when the Shiner was in the house. I know I have contributed more to keg death on those days than when other beers were involved.

If you ever get Newcastle, let me know and I will help defray some of the extra cost (and I will defray a whole lot of the beer, too!)

2. Duffman

Duffman New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Lot 8, passed out
    Do we ever have Dominion at Tailgates? I remember someone bringing a second keg this year that had Dominion. I could go for some Dominion. Especially since the brewery is 2 miles from my new house. Hometown favorite!

3. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing too hoppy please. No, I am not blaspheming -- I like to get my hops in 135! I just can't abide hoppy beer.

GM

4. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    maybe i should wake and bake in honor of this thread tomorrow

5. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Way ahead of ya big guy. :D

6. Fabala

Fabala New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Michigan
    Mmm. Becks.

7. URwormfood

URwormfood Member

Mar 24, 2004
    6 feet under: LOT 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could be keg location....maybe move the thing to a center spot...it was kinda to the side last game....

:confused:

As far as beer...Fosters or Shine..would be divine....

~worm~

8. DCWEASEL

DCWEASEL New Member

May 4, 2005
    Bawlmor Hon
    I say forgo the keg and get a few bottles of a nice Shiraz :eek:

9. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Too many arguments, the traditionalists want something from the Cote Du Rhone (perhaps a Hermitage). While the US fans, prefer Californian Syrah (Qupe). Finally, you have the budget folks clamoring for Austrailian Cab/Shiraz blends.

Beer selection is just easier :D

10. mikedett

mikedett New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Springfield, Va. USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Is this crap wine??? Are we gonna have to question your barra membership and manhood in the same sentance????? :eek:
    Yueng, Shiner, XX those are our most winning beers...if it isnt broken...dont fix it!!!!!

11. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is you've made a great argument here for just sticking with kegs, because I have no fvcking clue what the hell you've gone on about here.

Isn't Cote Du Rhone in the same qualifying group with San Marino and Karjackistan?

12. BigKris

BigKris Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    All I know is, I show up at the tailgate and somehow, magically, there's a keg there, too. If I get there early enough, there's beer in the keg. And it's cold. I drink from the keg. Life is good.

Like primitive man watching the sun coming up or the buffalo thundering across the plains, I do not question the form that my Gods choose to provide my sustinance, nor do I arrogate myself by presuming to suggest the manner in which they do it... I just drink, and rejoice in the glory that is the Barra tailgate.

13. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    This is probably the single best post I have ever read regarding beer in the Barra Brava. It should be required reading for all newbies and members otherwise to drunk or spoiled to remember the dark days before there was FREE BEER at every game.

--Hell the whole concept of free beer alone actually even forced the Eagles to GIVE SOMETHING AWAY FOR FREE for once in their lives!

That my friends is progress!

Thank you BigKris :D

14. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    [wipes tear from eye] That's beautiful man. :D

15. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Repped and sigged.

:)

16. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I didn't know you were an oenophile, Joe. You'll like this page.

;)

17. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I think I said something like, "I don't want to have to root for a loss just to get some decent beer." Rolling Rock is like seltzer in a keg...

I bought a substantial chunk of cow for tonight - I figure I'll make carne asada. I like the sound of that - it reminds me of "carnal ass."

And the junior hoolies will have some pyro...

18. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A nice start to my day.

19. URwormfood

URwormfood Member

Mar 24, 2004
    6 feet under: LOT 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Added some **special stuffed port-a-bella's**...so stop by and try...the fa-hee-tas as well...!

~worm~

20. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    See, that's why every once in awhile, you have to bring your own keg, and to hell with people whining about it being too dark or too bitter! :D

On a related note, I'm willing to throw a few extra bucks (say, $10 or so) towards the purchase of a fancy-shmansy keg one of these days...though it will probably be next season before I donate an entire keg again...

21. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    [​IMG]

"They've done studies, you know. Sixty percent of the time, it works every time."