SFA whistler rules forcing McCurry out

Discussion in 'Referee' started by Citiref, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Citiref

Citiref New Member

Oct 16, 2004
    Football: SFA whistler rules forcing McCurry out

Excerpts from the DailyRecord:
    TOP whistler Mike McCurry last night admitted he is on the verge of quitting the game because he's grown disillusioned with robotic referees.

...The referee said: "At the moment I'm undecided over anything and everything to do with being a referee. Mid-season is not the best time to come to a hard and fast decision about my future but I will know my own mind better in May when the season ends."

...He said: "I've survived all of the so called chaos games I was ever given to handle and I thrived on doing the' Old Firm derby.

"I know I've been mentally tough enough to sustain a refereeing career at the highest level. What I don't know is whether I want to go on doing it under the present circumstances. The fans want to see greater consistency and I can't fully agree with the application of certain laws. There are more and more cards being handed out on a technicality today.

..."The referee's voice has got to be heard on what's going on in the game.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/sport/tm_objectid=16548403&method=full&siteid=66633&headline=i-d-rather-ouit-than-bean0ther-roboref--name_page.html

2. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good find, but the article didn't give much detail for those not aware.

3. Ref Flunkie

Ref Flunkie Member

Oct 3, 2003
    New Hudson, MI

Like me!! Any background on this? What is he so upset about?

4. USRef

USRef New Member

Nov 28, 2005
  5. Citiref

Citiref New Member

Oct 16, 2004
    The only thing I can find is that he's mad at the way SFA is instructing it's referees, none of the articles I found go into any detail though.