SF Seals 2007/08 Champions League Prediction Contest

Discussion in 'California Victory' started by sangreazul, Sep 17, 2007.

1. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Alright guys,

The SF Seals are going to hold a UEFA Champions League prediction contest similar to the one we held last year. There is absolutely no charge to sign up and we will have prizes throughout the competition that will include Seals merchandise, Seals season tickets, and a grand prize of $200 to whoever wins 1st place at the end of the competition.

In order to sign up, just go to

http://en.uclpredictor.uefa.com

and enter code: 12382-858

The prediction contest is open to anyone, so feel free to e-mail your friends! The more people that participate, the more opportunities we will have to add more prizes for the contest.

Good luck and contact me if you have any questions.

2. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Because I didn't get around to setting this up until late and I only sent out the e-mail last evening, actual scoring won't start until the second match day (October 2nd) so that people have enough time to sign up, etc ...

3. Californiaspurs

Californiaspurs New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Santa Clara County
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Dude I signed up.

Last season I seem to recall I won the group phase, then missed a week and went to a close second, and then took off for England and the Canaries and entered a world of family, relatives, and friends virtually without computers where people socialize on a non-virtual plane called "real human life" -- it was quite a refreshing experience, because here in the States I feel naked without constant access to a laptop, and humans take a back seat to getting ahead and being industrious. Nowt wrong with either, just a different way of experiencing life.

In the Canaries sitting at a restaurant eating the catch of the day with endless bottles of tax-free wine, a trance DJ on the beach beyond the rocks, a local derby between Las Palmas and Tenerife on the bar tv, Norwegian and Danish women at every turn -- somehow I completely forgot that computers even existed or why anybody would need one :eek:, never mind the Euro Champs contest!

Anyway, back to now. How comes there's two leagues, SF Seals and San Francisco Seals? And how come you've entered twice? Sing: "Same old Argies, always cheating!" :D

I've also entered the Werder fans league, since my relatives from Bremen were in the Canaries constantly watching Bundesliga on the German TV channel and running me ragged at futbol in the plaza. "Du Robinson, ich Klose". Yeah right. Well since they lost him they've gone pear shaped.

So since I'm in the relegation zone in the Super League of the Guardian's "Pick the winner" Premiership contest, let's hope I do better with the Seals' Euro Champs contest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

England v USA in the Women's World Cup. May the best team win.

4. Contranos

Contranos New Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Hey bro, I won the league last year. What happened to my stuff??

5. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

send me an e-mail to sfsealsfantasy@yahoo.com

6. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    URGENT: USE CODE 18194-1238 TO JOIN IN TO THE LEAGUE.

Looks like Calispurs pointed out one of my lack of technical abilities. I didn't know that the site saved all of last years information which is why I created another league and why some of you who played last year and joined the new league now appear in two.

I deleted the new league, so that any new player should sign up with the old code which is 18194-1238

Those that played last year should automatically be in the San Francisco Seals league ...

e-mail any questions to sfsealsfantasy@yahoo.com

7. Californiaspurs

Californiaspurs New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Santa Clara County
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Contranos
    Holy ****, is this really him? How did this bloke get back?

I thought I told you guys: "make those concrete shoes heavy as hell, we don't want this guy popping back up to haunt us." Now he's resurfaced. :eek:

Seriously though, Sang, thanks for organizing the contest. I was also surprised to see they kept all our prior info -- it told me something like "you already exist".

These score predictors are way less time consuming than fantasy football, you can fill in the scores in a mere minute, so I encourage people to join in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The UEFA Cup is the new Champions League. I fancy Spurs to win it. OK. Maybe.

[​IMG]

8. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Here are the point totals after the first week: REMEMBER THAT THE FIRST MATCH DAYS TOTALS DO NOT COUNT TOWARDS THE GRAND PRIZE OF $200.

Since we started late, people are still signing up and our cometition begins on the next match day.

I am giving a first place prize of a Seals luggage tag to this weeks winner however. There will be other prizes throughout the competition.

There is still plenty of time to join for those who haven't done so yet.

http://en.uclpredictor.uefa.com Use code: 18194-1238

Any questions, please e-mail sfsealsfantasy@yahoo.com

1 Bimo Asmara 558
    2 Paul Sheirich 504
    3 Ben Smith 427
    4 Robert Kunzler 424
    5 Christopher Kennedy 384
    6 Charles Lee 355
    7 Brandon Sheirich 345
    8 L Garcia 315
    9 Paul Roma 282
    10 Louis Cooke 276
    11 Brian Doherty 258
    12 Patricio Rey 216
    13 Antonio Espinosa 183
    14 aldo ceccarelli 172
    15 Julio Zamora 158
    16 Sinisa K. 34

9. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Just reminding everyone to make their picks for next weeks Champions League games. We will start counting points starting Matchday 2, so if anyone is still interested in playing, you can still sign up without starting at a disadvantage ...

USE CODE 18194-1238 TO JOIN IN TO THE LEAGUE.

10. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hey everyone,

There's been a lot of soccer this past week with Euro 2008 qualifiers as well as the first two games of the South American qualifying for South Africa 2010.

I just wanted to remind everyone to make their picks for the Seals Champions League prediction contest next week for the games on October 23 and October 24th.

You can still invite your friends to play by using code 18194-1238 to join the SF Seals Champions League Prediction contest. Grand prize is $200.

To keep up on the Seals, visit our website at www.oursfseals.com

Good Luck everybody !!

Any questions can be forwarded to sfsealsfantasy@yahoo.com

Top 5 after our first official week are as follows:

# Manager Matchday Total

1 Kurt Maekawa 603 603
    2 Michael Steudle 532 532
    3 Uulia Kayani 493 493
    4 Richard Chow 486 486
    5 Brian Doherty 426 426

11. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    God I suck at this game !!! :)

I just wanted to remind everyone to make their picks for the Seals Champions League prediction contest next week for the games on November 6th and November 7th.

You can still invite your friends to play by using code 18194-1238 to join the SF Seals Champions League Prediction contest. Grand prize is $200.

To keep up on the Seals, visit our website at www.oursfseals.com

Good Luck everybody !!

Any questions can be forwarded to sfsealsfantasy@yahoo.com

Top 5 are:

Name: Matchday Overall

1 Kurt Maekawa 473 1076
    2 Michael Steudle 373 905
    3 Uulia Kayani 338 831
    4 Sinisa K. 372 780
    5 Robert Kunzler 356 650

12. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hey everyone,

I wanted to remind everyone to make their picks for the SF Seals 2008 Champions League Prediction Contest. Games are November 27th and 28th.

A lot of futbol this past week. European Cup qualifiers, South American World Cup qualifying, the new San Jose Earthquakes announced their first ten players for 2008. There's also college soccer playoffs going on. Not to mention that I got back from the 2007 USL AGM where the San Francisco Seals were busy making plans as we start working towards the 2008 PDL season and where I got to see the Seals under-13 girls play in the national Super-Y championships.

Just to mention some of the offseason initiative that the Seals are working on, here are just a few:

For complete Seals news and updates, visit out website at www.oursfseals.com

Seals Off-season News
    November 13, 2007 - -- Seals Tryouts in Nigeria
    Saturday November 20th, there will be a game staged at the National Stadium in Lagos, Nigeria to look at players for the Seals and the Seals U20 team. This game was organized by a local Nigerian agent working with Ken Boardman of San Francisco. Ken, as some of you may remember, is a Nigerian player who had a distinguished career here in the United States at USF and professionally. Ken is now an international businessman who travels frequently to Nigeria. He will be at the tryout on Saturday and will evaluate the players as candidates for the Seals teams. Many of these Nigerian players have been writing us for years to see if there's some way to get to the United States to play for the Seals. This is their chance. We're very grateful to Ken for having organized the tryout. Ken tells me that there is a lot of interest by Nigerians in playing in the United States. In order to build a relationship between the two soccer communities, ours and the Nigerian community, Ken is looking into the possibiity of a Seals tour of Nigeria before the World Cup in 2010 in South Africa.

Seals Camp in Manchester, UK
    The interest in registrations for this camp continue to grow on the part of players and coaches. We are getting inquiries from all over the UK and France. Also, John Brooks, head cooach of Dominican College will attend the camp and live with the players in the bunkhouse. The interest by UK players is growing because the interest by UK players in the United States is growing. Paul Sapsford of Holy Names University turned his program around overnight by his recruiting strategies that includes the hosting of tryouts in the United States for UK players. He has large groups of 15-18 players coming in periodically to play games and get viewed by American coaches. Ours is a reverse opportunity where the American coach can see UK players on their home turf. It's a lot cheaper for the UK players than flying to the United States, so it seems to be attractive. Interested players and coaches can send their emails

Seals in Brazil
    The Seals are currently in discusssion with a group of Brazilian football people who are interested in bringing US Players to Brazil for a variety of reasons ranging from training opportunities to signing contracts with major clubs. This is a primarily a teaser statement at this point, but there is already minor movement. We're talking to them now about sending young players down to train in the 2008 season. The major members of the group are attorneys who played for the Seals in the past. Ricardo Zambo and Eduardo Alburquerque played for the Seals during our 15-3 division finalists 1993 season. Eduardo had just finished his career with Palmeiras and was on his way to completing his education as an attorney. Ricardo and Edu have partnered up with well known and well positioned Brazilian footbal people. We'll withold some details for now but it promises to be a great opportunity for American players