SF #1 USA vs Argentina June 21st [R]

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by sidspaceman, Jun 19, 2016.

1. MadridRojoRowdy

Jun 14, 2016
    NC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah so we didn't really get beat like Mexico did so I am happy and I won't even complain abt the way we played today. We were outclassed from beginning to end and there was nothing we could to do stop it.

Wondo was just a bad choice from Jurgen.
    I did like Nagbe and Pullisic, they brought some equilibrium to the game, but too late to cause an impact.
    Dempsey was just immobilized due to the pressure Argentina put on us while defending, Jones and Wood were greatly missed but the result would have probably still been the same with them on the field.

Dennis324s repped this.
  2. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    If we win the next 2 games, we are definitely back in with a shout. Being realistic though I don't think we'll qualify this time. Maybe in Qatar 2022 when the Chilean and Uruguayan generation begins to come to an end.

Right now, Colombia, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador and Uruguay are all better than us. Paraguay is debatable.

3. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    hang on is Honduras worse than Antigua???

SiempreCrema repped this.
  4. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Brazil is also debatable even with Neymar and Coutinho.

canis repped this.
  5. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Brazil are on the bottom of that list but they still have a better squad than us.

6. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Most of the USA fans i read here are realists and not too delusional or high on their horse (those are the mexicans, tbh) i think the one thats in this forum saying USA is better than all teams in CONMEBOL except for CHI and ARG is just trolling

stangspritzring, Ashur, LoreBSC and 3 others repped this.
  7. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Something scary to note is that one of Uruguay, Ecuador, Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Colombia will miss out.

It will most likely be Brazil the way things are going.

Pipiolo repped this.
  8. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    what ifs could also have resulted in Ruidiaz final shot going in or Revoredo's open header going in (making it 3-0)

9. MadridRojoRowdy

Jun 14, 2016
    NC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree with you, but we need to start looking for a replacement because I don't know if he will be a good choice in 2 years when the world cup comes around. Last time I checked we don't have any good quality goalkeepers who could jump in at any moment and take over if needed( We need to get used to the fact that Howard will probably retire soon and Hamid isn't gonna cut it)

10. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Both teams played good and had chances, I do feel Ecuador had more of them. Anyhow, a draw is not unfair for how the match unfolded.

condor11 repped this.
  11. MadridRojoRowdy

Jun 14, 2016
    NC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There is no way Antigua is in the top 10 for Concacaf, where is Cuba?

12. Dennis324s

Dennis324s Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Alabama
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know what Ive noticed? (And Im not complaining because I love talking to the S. American fans.). But i think you are the only Argentina fan in this thread. Youve been nice too. Earlier the Mexican fans were REALLY dogpiling. Lol! :)

13. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Just for the record I don't know how but the US managed to play worse than Mexico against Chile. At least Mexico had a shot on goal and tried some attacks. USA Didn't do ANYTHING period. It's like Mexico lost by firing squad 7 bullets with the raging Chile and U.S lost by 4 slow shanks with a knife by A lazy Argentina. Argentina was playing super relaxed today, they missed a lot of shots as well. A good resting match for the final, Chile wishes you guys made Argentina at least sprint more. Chile will have a tough time vs Colombia

Pipiolo repped this.
  14. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    Neymar, Coutinho, Casemiro, Oscar, Dani Alves, Filipe Luis, Thiago Silva, Willian.

Brazil's playing like shit right now but they're still completely stacked with talent, as usual. With a different coach and a different mentality, they can go right back to the top in no time.

Boloni86 and SiempreCrema repped this.
  15. MadridRojoRowdy

Jun 14, 2016
    NC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol you are trolling, right?

Your team got scored on 7 times, not 4, not 5, not 6... but seven. At least we didn't look demoralized like you guys did, it was pathetic.

16. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not sure about "back to the top" over Argentina or Chile, who have some great players in their squads.

canis repped this.
  17. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That 7 x 0 Mexico game, was just ridiculous.. I wouldn't wish that on anybody's team.. that was just merciless.. Chile had no Sympathy and Compassion for the Mexicans

Cariverplate246 repped this.
  18. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Argentina is also unbeaten..and has won 4 games

19. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

calixtoj, LorneMarvello and sidspaceman repped this.
  20. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    You're a bit late to correct me there mate :laugh:

canis and condor11 repped this.
  21. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And he's also incorrect, as Argentina has now won five games.

22. MadridRojoRowdy

Jun 14, 2016
    NC
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Rickdog repped this.
  23. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentinians arent too outspoken since we lost 2 finals in a row and for the argentinians mentality basically is if you dont win the tournament (world cup, copa america, this one) you are a loser. I dont think like that, i think Argentina team is fantastic and always say what i think and of course get trashed when we "lose"(be clear, we only "lost" those 2 finaleson penalties and 1-0 in extra time, is not like we get outclassed or outplayed by anyone).

Basically in Argentina: if you dont come with the Cup, you are a loser
    If Messi does not win a cup for us, he sucks and doesnt care.

I couldnt disagree more with those 2 statements: i think Argentina is the best team in the tournament and Messi the best player in the world and has been AMAZING for Argentina, he just gives it all and is the best of our NT by far (and our team has many great players, but Messi is just on another level) and probably the player who cares the most and the one who would trade all the trophies he haves with barcelona and fifa ballon dor, for one single trophy with Argentina

puyol repped this.
  24. Cariverplate246

Jun 12, 2014
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    [​IMG]
    Univision keeps saying argentina not quite at its best,.. I guess man... Chile favorites still apparently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadridRojoRowdy repped this.
  25. Dennis324s

Dennis324s Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Alabama
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Argentina is the best in the world and would love to see this year's team play Germany. I think they'd smoke Germany. :)

canis and Christina99 repped this.