Sevilla vs. Real Madrid Pt. II [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Chinky24, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    You said it, man. I decided to try out the match thread a game or two ago, but I decided maybe I'll try again in a few months and see if some of these newbs/socks go away or grow a brain.

While we're giving out cards, I think I'd give a few to the journalists. FFS, we just lost our first game of the season, and it's total gloom and doom and everybody needs to be sold. Bullshit. Are we a team yet? No, of course not, but I saw glimpses of hope, including some nice passing sequences towards the end of the game (that didn't materialize into anything, but still). We're replaced over half the team, have a new coach, and it's going to take time.

Yeah, Marcelo had a bad day. I get it. Considering he hasn't been that bad this season, and also taking into consideration the lack of help he had, I'm willing to chalk it up to a bad day and let it go. Ramos got carded in less than 20 minutes by a referee that has sent him off more times than Medina Cantalejo (Yeah, Iturralde. The same dude Ramos called "crap!" last season or the year before, I don't recall which). That card made him tentative, and I can't blame him considering Sevilla spent the next 30 minutes trying to get him sent off again. Raul was ineffective, Benzema AWOL, Kaka snuffed out, and Guti lost his brain for a while. So, what else is new?

Pellegrini put together the best team he could with what he had. I'd rather not play CRonaldo or Lass if they're not 100%, no sense risking a lingering injury now that might bite us in the ass when we need them most later in the season. The only other option I can think of to solve our lack of width would have been to drop Benzema (because you know Raul is still chasing those personal records and won't be dropped until he gets them), play Marcelo at LW with Drenthe behind him. It might have worked, it might not, but I think Benzema was a better decision in light of his recent form.

Xabi and Diarra were a combo that was due to necessity with Gago and Lass out. One player not yet adapted to the team, one lacking match fitness.

We'll play them again later, and I expect to see a much different outcome.

2. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    Most Spanish journalists need "stories" (in the literature sense) to sell papers. To be honest, that the sport of soccer can support 4 full-length newspapers in Spain is ludicrous. If I had to fill 40 pages a day, I too would make up compelling storylines if I couldn't find any real ones. Most English-speaking journalists take their pointers from the Spanish ones (if they can read enough of the language), or from those (like Lowe or Balague) who straddle both worlds. So, really, even if you heard 1,000 journalists saying the same thing, chances are they all got it from the same place, so it has the same chances of being true as if only one journalist had said it.

I have no information about Lass's injury, but, in view of the schedule (one whole week until the next one, two weeks until the next one with RM, and nearly 20 days until the next important game, ACM), Ronaldo should've played.

3. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rushing players back from injury/asking them to play through injury has not been kind to us as far as I can remember. I think Ruud was injured last year when we asked him to play against Juve. He did, and lost the rest of the season. I remember similar stories with players like the other Ronaldo, and of course Sergio Ramos.

Also, there is no guarantee that if injured again in Sevilla, (and they were going pretty hard on Kaka) Ronaldo would heal and be in form for our next important match in 3 weeks (AC Milan)

We could have used a Ronaldo at 100% against Sevilla for sure, and I'd bet he would have probably changed the game too, but on the other hand, if he got injured for a longer period, we'd have had it twice as worse as we do now.

In light of that, I'm happy we rested him, but thats my thinking.

4. toslat

toslat New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anyone that was expecting Marcelo to shut down Navas (let alone with adriano doubling up) on his own must be self delusional. The game simply reminded us of our defensive wanting at LB. Even Ramos was unable to cope on his own whenever the full back overlapped in support of the winger.

I am still waiting for the game in which MP gets the formation, selection and tactics spot on. Irrespective of the score lines, our performance against OM and Sevilla, leave a lot to be desired. From the beginning and through the Sevilla game, there was nothing that showed we were trying to mitigate the skinning our full backs were suffering.

In fact, I would go as far as to say we are yet to put in a good team performance, and at a point, we have to start doing so. Individual performances can only take us so far. Missing players is not an excuse for having the wrong tactics and/or poor team performance.

5. ImOnFire15

ImOnFire15 New Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We suck enough said, You cant win with bunch of superstars on your team. Now we have faced real competition we got owned. Without Casilas this would of been blowout like Liverpool last year.

6. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Perfect example why we should only accept members if they pass an IQ test and a Personality test.

Clearly this individual is mentally disturbed.

7. samizamazin

samizamazin New Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know what is going on, but between work, school, and having to read through pages of nonsense, I can barely even post here anymore. Something needs to be done to make these idiots shape up and start posting relevant, or at least coherent posts, or cause them to snap a lá zinaldo.

8. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Was the game boring? Were Sevilla outplaying us? Were we standing there and watching? I am not saying we were playing that well, but we certainly didnt give up.

9. Don Nino El Dios

Don Nino El Dios Proud to be White

Mar 30, 2008
    La Casa Blanca
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, Imonfire15... well done. In your short time here, you've managed to be likened mentally to these guys...

[​IMG]

Maybe next time you won't let one (very difficult away) loss against a very talented/dangerous side, with only a handful of games played thusfar, destroy any hope for the rest of the season. Baby steps. ;)

10. toslat

toslat New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is it that hard for you to not respond with a personal attack. If you don't like his posts, why not just ignore it.

11. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It's pretty hard to ignore a post that says "we suck" and that we have no chance to win anything. Considering the bold and outlandish claims the poster is making this person is obviously crying out for some attention so Achilles is just giving it to the poor sap.

It's okay to be angry, sad, confused about Sunday's result but really, this is a bit overboard. Hell I wouldn't have even cared if the poster backed up what they thought with some examples of why our season is already over. No, its just all over because they said it was. :rolleyes:

12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Read Alfredo Relano's take on the situation, on AS's website.

13. Frank Smith

Frank Smith Red Card

Jun 2, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Anyone have RMTV? All what's coming out is how it was an "excellent and thrilling game" and how the team "need to gel". I would not be fussed at all about the defeat if it wasn't the same problems rearing it's head all over again.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You're making things more dramatic than they actually are i think.

I'd love for us to score that final minute goal scoring opportunity. Not because we deserved the point, but because some people that talk about problems, would be talking about "the great spirit of this team/club".

:)

15. babai_here

babai_here Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What I don't like is people complaining like we cant pass the balls,we have bunch of superstars,we don't have team chemistry etc etc etc.

What they don't understand is that we dont understand that we need time,even the coach is also new.He also does not know these players :D.

If u people think that Bayern,,Chealsea,Liverpool are better team than us just wanna say something.

Bayern current ranked as 11th in BL and I just cant remember when they won the last CL.

Cleasea has not won a single CL yet and won ONLY 3 times in EPL.I dont know why they are so much popular with so little glory (Dont wanna hurt anybody cos I also like this club a bit).

Teams like Man Utd,Liverpool already lost more than 3 points in EPL.

Regarding superstars don't you people think Barca also has a lot of stars?What about them? Are not they playing well ?It does not mean if you have a lot of stars you cant play well.

I think every team has bad days and we had a bad day on Sunday.With RVN comes back from injury and pairing with Benzima I think this team will be rocking.

The line up like
    Casillas
    Ramos Pepe Albiol Arbeloa
    Lass/Diarra Kaka Alonso
    Benzima RVN Ron
    is a dream for me.
    Yes individually they can also rep any team.And come on team chemistry will come automatically with time.Can't you people remember Barca with almost the same team did not win anything? They only got 67 point while we 85+.They took their time and we also will.Once done lets see how sevilla or teams like that can perform against us.

But remember we can't allow any injury.

@ YS,you are absolutely right as always except one thing.May be Marcello was the man who played really poor but we cant say he is a failure with one match.He is still young and he will be a star in future.

@ those people who thinks that we are not passing well please download the match torrents and watch once more I think we did well enough.

BTW after another night's sleep now I am feeling well and I cant wait to see this team playing again but alas still I need 2 weeks :(.

Do you people think that we will get RVN back for our next match ?I think we badly need him cos Raul is not in form now.

16. cheeting

cheeting New Member

May 26, 2007
    Australia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Just make it plain and simple. We lost because Pellegrini got his tactics wrong and we can't defend set pieces.

The season is long and this loss is a minor setback. We've never liked playing in Seville and the amount of goals this team has been scoring this season without any true chemistry suggests we will be heading somewhere this season. Just needs time.

17. Frank Smith

Frank Smith Red Card

Jun 2, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, we have been left with the same crippling feature we had last season, one wide player and against Sevilla he was injured. What I saw in this game was not so much poor tactics, just a really poor attitude of our players. There is no aggression in our play and it's like no one feels that they are obligated to make an effort, like being in a leaderless group.

The concern for me comes from the same attitude for the past 5 years is still lingering around in the club. Sevilla, Champions League team, a win is not guaranteed fair enough, but not only did we get ripped apart, we had. players strolling like they simply could not be botherd. This has been the same problem which has got us knocked out the Champions League lsat 16 for the past 5 years in a row. It could just be a one off (ignoring the fact we have not played well for every single game so far) but looking at previous years it's a scary slap in the face back to reality

I also realise that this can be seen as a gross exagerration.

18. madridista_hr

madridista_hr Red Card

Real Madrid
    May 21, 2009
    Here
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Re: [R] Sevilla vs. Real Madrid Pt. 2: Wailing/Gnashing/Moaning Thread

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Re: [R] Sevilla vs. Real Madrid Pt. 2: Wailing/Gnashing/Moaning Thread

^ Caption meanings from top to bottom;
    1. Start of play, Captain Raul has his counterpart renato
    2. The move follows renato taking a step back and captain is watching with his eyes
    3. The captain sees renato, that escapes but believes that he can before look to stop
    4. The ball cleanly lays to renato, while captain realizes he has failed to notice with his eye before
    5. Goal of sevilla by Renato in the central areas while the evaporating captain uses his power not to appear in the image.

Thats my rough translation.

20. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    I love how big a deal some people are making out of this. The images to show who didn't track who, Sport and the video of Casillas angry after conceding, as if he never shouted at anyone before in his career, it's like a giant investigation into something incredibly serious.

It's a loss, a disappointing performance, it will happen at times, and it happened to be against a very good team, in great form, at home, and we didn't play nearly well enough to win, shit happens.

Oh what the hell, I might as well join in.

It's the end of the world! Pellegrini out! Florentino has failed us! :mad::mad::mad:

21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    OMG, this thread has turned into CSI: Sevilla!

22. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid Must Not Rely Solely On Cristiano Ronaldo - Pardeza

23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Are you honestly shocked that Sport, is beginning a conspiracy campaign against Madrid?

Really?

24. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Casillas has 'cultured' this for many years.
    Every goal he has conceded in the past few years his reaction was as if a defender received the final ball and blasted it in the top corner.

He's a great goal keeper, but his attitude is starting to stink.Did any defender ever yell at Casillas, like ever? Yes, i know he is "perfect", but maybe he shouldn't believe that himself.