Sevilla vs. Real Madrid Pt. II [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Chinky24, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Your point is flawed. Raul, Guti or Marcelo could play in any team in the world.

2. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    I completely disagree...especially in the case of marcelo and guti......but then again...this is just an opinion thing. about who you consider a great player....so there is no possibility for an objective debate...I'll leave it at that..

3. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about if we all leave it at that sounds like a good idea
    and lets learn from our mistakes(hopefully) and leave this behind
    I would like to say thanks to sevilla for exploiting our flaws:D
    *unsubscribes and goes to argentina forums*

4. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    So these players get a pass for their poor performances on Sunday because they have potential?

5. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Don't encourage them mymy. I'm going to have a stroke if i keep reading such ridiculous shit as this.

6. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    u're not getting my point. I'm challenging their place in the pecking order in the squad..that's all. Not talking about just the sevilla game like i said...if we're talking about just the sevilla game....almost everyone played crap.....I'm just saying that that THESE guys (guti, marcelo, raul)...are more likely to play crap than the rest throughout the course of a season........ just an opinion....I'm sure this isnt the first time u heard this about those three...come on...

7. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    That is not even remotely true and you know it.

8. ssabripo

ssabripo New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    LMAO... please do mention which elite club teams they would be starting for...inquiring minds wonder.

9. Edino Edinho

Edino Edinho Member+

Dec 28, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    After watching the game a second time I would like to make some comments.

A lot of our players were far fom their best. In the attack we could see our expensive signings Kaka, Benzema and Alonso producing …. nothing.
    How many times did Kaka fall over by himself?
    Alonso was bought with the notion of being ”the best passer of the ball in the world”. I can’t remember him doing one determining pass since he arrived.
    There were also someone looking like a senior citizen that himself had paid to be on the pitch, but it could have been Raul. Raul was absolutely no threat whatsoever to the sevillans. I can understand that he was picked, however out of form, because of his 3 goals last season.
    Guti has got to be the laziest player on earth. He has done a few really good games, but now he was back to his usual self.

Sevilla had a great game. If you look player by player, only Casillas would earn a spot in the Sevilla team.
    More than that. they played like a team. They had the speed, the had the succsesful passes and they had a defense that worked together. 2-1 was not a just result. It should have been 5-1 or 6-1.

Now, our defence. Apart from a period when Capello had drilled the team for six months, I have never seen us perform like a team in defense.
    Even though I have said many times that both Pepe and Ramos are ball watchers, I can’t blame individual players in the first hand.
    I blame our lack of a defensive system. It’s a mystery that we won’t mark players. Someone called it zone defence. I call it stupidity. Over and over again I see players standing in between just looking at opponents and maybe making a stupid charge. When we meet world class players, we are so screwed.
    How come there is constant confusion in the back? There seems to be no pre-determined ideas on resonsibilities. Pepe tries to do everything, often leaves the one he should follow to make a charge. Others jogs really slow backwards and lets someone else take the responsibility – I’m talking about Guti, Alonso, Ramos, Kaka, Raul.

Marcelo had the worst match of his life. Juande Ramos recognized last season that Marcelo really don’t have what it takes to be a defender. How come he’s back at defence? He may have a future in the club as a two way left midfielder/left winger. He certainly has talent, but not as a defender.
    By the end of last season, there was a rumor about Perez ideal team. To my surprise it contained Marcelo on the left back. I didn’t believe the rumor, but the lineup has become almost 100% true. The only exception is Raul, who was to be exchanged for David Villa.
    Many fans in this forum was asking for a new left defender, we didn’t get one. I don’t know what to do now. Bring in Arbeloa, Metz, Drenthe or someone from Castilla? Marcelo however has used up all his chances in the defence.

I still believe we have the players to be a contestant to both La Liga and the Champions, but it will take a lot of extra training and some changes. Mainly in the defence.

10. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Each team has a different hierarchy level simply because each team has a captain, so I don't see the problem here.

You'd rather Casillas says nothing when somebody messes up? Or that he doesn't try to position players, like most every goalkeeper I have ever seen?

I for one hope that not only Casillas but more people tell (for example) Marcelo how he ********ed up with the first goal, that he'll know next time to jump for the ball.

11. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    F'in hell I am sick and tired of this shit reply that comes up all the time. RAUL HAS ALREADY NOT STARTED PLENTY OF GAMES. THERE IS NO GRAND CONSPIRACY FOR RAUL TO START EVERY GAME.

I was already tired of this "point" before the season when I said it would not be true that Raul would start every game. I am amazed that even AFTER the season has already started and Raul has clearly NOT started every game, people are still making this asinine point.

12. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    LOL @ the forumers who suddenly come to life right after our first lost.

That's just sad. :rolleyes:

I think people are under estimating how dangerous Sevilla is at home. I think we could have been trashed by Sevilla last year without Raul's hatrick. They are not Xerez people. They can, and will dictate the tempo if your A game is not up.

What really bothers me about this team is the midfield's (minus the Diarra's) refusal to consistently track back with urgency. They do track back, but it's like they're semi walking-jogging all the time.

13. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Excuse me....but the point was that Raul, Guti or Marcelo could start in any team in the world. Raul would be the youngest player at Milan, Guti could be the top assist for Wolverhampton, and Marcelo could be top scorer for al itihad.

There.

14. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing to see here anymore folks. Good night.