Setanta broadband?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by GunneRy, Jun 14, 2007.

1. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    I'm thinking of getting this service for next season's matches. Only $12 per month. Anyone have this? Reliability? Quality? Other general thoughts?

2. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have it. The downside is, you can't get the PPV stuff, but outside of that it's been pretty good. I think there were a couple of matches last year that it kept buffering on me because so many people were watching. I just set it one level below the highest quality and it have been pretty reliable for me.

The one thing I don't like is that if you leave it sit too long without changing the channel it will go back to the main menu. So I always set the recorder in the morning to avoid missing anything. I don't know why they do that.

3. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    How often were the Arse games on PPV?

4. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Last year I think only 1 or 2 - one of the Liverpool matches and there was one other I think. Most were just on straight Sentanta. There were quite a few this past season. I know most of the ones not on Fox were.

5. Non-dairy Creamer

Feb 28, 2007
    Is Setanta still only available via a dish or over your computer? not too keen on watching football on a computer monitor.

6. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No - you can get an ITV box for $12 a month and watch it on your TV. You just need to have High Speed internet and then you can hook the box through it.

7. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I might have read you wrong on this. I have a box that hooks to my broadband - it's from ITV - then you can watch on your TV.

The straight internet one I don't think shows the EPL matches.

Hope that clears it up.

http://www.itvn.com/index.html?s=12&p=4&w=100085&t=0&c=151

8. superduck18

superduck18 Member

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I am also thinking about buying this for the upcoming season. Do the boxes work with a wireless connection?

The way my house is setup the wireless router is very far from my TV :(

9. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't know how much the adapter is, but I know they make one for wireless. You'd have to check the site out ITVN posted above to see if they have anything on it.

10. Schu419

Schu419 Member

May 17, 2006
    PA/NJ
    I think this is changing for the upcoming season

11. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    I'm glad you mentioned that. I live in a massive building that doesn't even offer Setanta as an option, and I can't get a dish.

SO I guess you're syaing it's pointless to get Setanta, because I won't be able to watch the games over my highs-peed computer connection

12. rojagooner

rojagooner New Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes it is. If you click "More Information" on this page:
    http://play.www.setanta.servecast.net/setanta/us/default.aspx?aff=1

...it says:

COMING SOON: Especially for Broadband – same-day coverage of the biggest games from the 2007 FA Cup and comprehensive live coverage from Portugal of the battle for the Superliga. From August 2007 here on Setanta Broadband, you’ll also be able to catch comprehensive LIVE action each week from the English Premier League – so watch this space!

13. bonovox

bonovox New Member

Mar 4, 2006
    If you sign up for the broadband option, is there a way to record these games and view them later, or do we only get to watch them streamed live?

14. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    I know this may not be the right thread but.....does anyone know what channel shows the french league or german?

15. Highbury

Highbury Member

May 13, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Setanta = French
    GolTV = German

16. idiparker

idiparker Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Hong Kong
    If you don't want DirectTV or broadband you can buy a system from Globecast for Setanta via satellite. Same price (though you have to buy the satellite hardware).

For those who don't want to pay for all the other directtv crap