Serious form problems

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by ishuaia, Jun 29, 2005.

1. ishuaia

ishuaia New Member

May 8, 2005
    Panama City
    I need advices on how to raise my keeper's form. He plays a match every week, he was passable when I bought him, but now hes wretched.

What can I do to raise his form?

2. fcsg

fcsg New Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Rest him completely for one week. This helped in my case at least. Or hire one more goalie trainer.

3. bmalek

bmalek New Member

May 6, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Form is one of those things that sometimes goes to the crapper no matter what happens. My friend told me once that each season certain players are picked that are going to have crap form all season long no matter what you do. While I doubt this is what really happens, it certainly seems that way sometimes.

If your form is crap, don't skip out a week, that has never helped me. Form can normally only go up if you play folks. I would just settle with crap form and keep playing him. If he is your starter consider playing your backup in league and starter in friendlies if needed.

4. fcsg

fcsg New Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Not true, it can also go up if he hasn't played. My starting keeper went up two levels after being rested for one week. And according to Kermmy, this has been proposed on some boards as well. So it's at least worth a try.

What you shouldn't do is rest a player for several weeks, because then form will go down. But only one week will certainly do no harm, as long as you have a decent backup.

5. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    the other alternative is to hire more GK coaches.... remember to keep your total of assitants and gk coaches to 10, but having more GK coaches will help with form.

6. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    from the rules, each player has a set form that he tends to move to and stay around, its kind of like background form that you can't see. If this is lower then he will be in poor form most of the time save for a few weeks.