Serie A Thread 19/20

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Sacki, Feb 16, 2020.

1. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Team has had a 'mental midget syndrome' hanging over their heads for years now, especially in big matches. They just flat out choke.

Euphorius Thor repped this.
  2. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Gattuso did a very good job at Milan with a lot less to work with. They made a mistake letting him go for Giampaolo. They almost made the same mistake this season with Pioli. Rangnick would never have succeeded with Milan.

Maybe Gattuso is smarter than he's credited for being:

Ten months ago, back in January, there was a very strong confrontation after Napoli-Fiorentina, and Napoli went on to win the Coppa Italia. With Gattuso a superstitious character, he will likely hope many triumphs will follow once again.​

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ro-Gattuso-scolded-players-AC-Milan-loss.html

3. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bring Sarri back

4. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Sarri will sit on his Juventus contract until the end of the season:

https://www.juvefc.com/report-maurizio-sarri-prepared-to-sit-out-his-juventus-deal/

However, the report claims that Sarri doesn’t want to take over a team in the middle of the season and that he will wait until the end of this campaign before joining a new team, he will also not terminate his Juve deal.

He still earns 6m euros per season from Juventus, but he can be paid off for the final year of the deal by March next year for 2.5m euros.

No question with Sarri Napoli will play better football, but Napoli can still hit another gear under Gattuso in terms of determination and desire. Napoli have only lost to the teams that currently top the table. Sassuolo won't continue in this vein for the whole season. Likewise, Milan's ambition are completely dependent on Ibrahimovic's fitness. Let's see the response from the players in the next few games because a lot can go wrong for these other teams and if Gattuso can rally his players to play with more grit, that might be enough to make a top four finish.

5. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Tactics is greatly influenced by the players you have, Sacki. I'm somewhere in the middle, I am not yet convinced by Gattuso, but throwing him out now seems a bit harsh to me.

As to the players/tactics interrelation, just imagine having Ibra in your team. You'd be like: "Just kick the ********ing ball anywhere, any height, no matter, and Ibra will score. If he manages to foul or play dangerously while scoring, the referees will probably forgive it because after the match the fans will also ignore it and glorify Ibra like a bunch of pussies who wank over football players."

And it would be damn successful.

tripwire repped this.
  6. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    In the EPL ibra got read and teams starting pushing their back line up. It made him almost obsolete. Why seria a managers haven't noticed this pattern is weird

7. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    links to the game in EL?

8. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
  9. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
  10. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    not gonna lie missed the first 20 mins. but I just feel he is so smart in his runs and reading the play to intercept. Furthermore, he is winning headers on defensive set pieces, Mario Rui won't do that, ever.

11. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    he really needed that, cause jesus christ was he bad before he did that.

12. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    He is better defending, as Rui has proven to be a liability on the left side against strong attackers. Would love for Ghoulam to regain his previous form. His passing was off first half, but hopefully it will come as his playing time increases.

Euphorius Thor repped this.
  13. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    It is a positive sign. This game wasn't going well for us and we managed to turn it around with out quality in spite of their defensive wall. But there are still many bad elements in our game, but it seems that Gattuso has been aware of them ever since the beginning of the game, his facial expression tells you that much...

tripwire repped this.
  14. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Zielinski was showing why he's on the bench prior to that play for sure. Not impressive at all. One would think he should relish playing behind the striker.

15. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Its okay to be bad in this club though, our captain has 5/10 performances half the time he plays. :ROFLMAO:

16. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    One thing that I think we need to learn well is that patience really is a virtue. We managed to score, but we had also conceded on account of our impatience before that, which is a terrible liability. We need to be less irresponsible and calmer, which is smarter.

Sacki repped this.
  17. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    :D:D It's true that I don't even want to think about his performance against Milan. If he were able to find a desire for team play in himself along with consistency he'd be a great player, but he seems to struggle with both...

Sacki repped this.
  18. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Lozano 2-0 off a beauty pass by Insigne

19. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I want to see more Ghoulam. He's grown into this match, and reminds us of the past form. And Sacki is right about his intelligence on the pitch. More than once I saw him cover for K2 the way Rui never does.

Euphorius Thor and Sacki repped this.
  20. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    And Petgana is a real hard worker out there. Had a strong match.

Sacki repped this.
  21. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Mos def. I am not sure if he can do much, but in some games he can be quite useful. Surely, he does deserve a chance to prove himself, but with Osimhen it'll be difficult for him to prove himself in bigger games.

22. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I could not watch. Felt weird and empty.

Grande Diego.

23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We won for him Diego will always be with us !

24. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Wonder if Gattuso is gonna blame the players again if we lose. "the players lack motivation". Yeah, it has nothing to do with you mate

25. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Insigne with a motivated free kick goal