Serie A (lega & the disciplinary commission) to inconsistant

Discussion in 'Italy' started by aussie_ascoli, Mar 27, 2006.

1. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Its time for Lega & the disciplinary commission to stop being pety, and inconsistant. Ascoli's 2nd in charge manager (really an actual) Marco Giampaolo, had been banned for not having his coaching badges, until the end of the year.
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar27j.html
    Its a similar case to Mancini who got nothing for it when he was at Fiorentina.
    Lega and the disciplinary commission have deep issues, nothing was said about ths for 2 and a half seasons until now, when Ascoli had some success. This could mean the difference of Ascoli being relegated and surviving.
    They've made the best league in the world into a joke, administration wise, and major problems occur every year.
    Its enough that one of the two smallest clubs in Italy Ascoli and Treviso, are being persucuted by the refs. Both clubs are on the bottom of the table when it comes to penalty's for and against, and refereeing decisions. We've suffered enough.

The league should concentrated on real issues like racism and violence, and not being bullies to the small clubs.

Whats so special about getting the proper qualifications for coaching. Marco hasn't done anything illegal, and has proven he is one of the best managers going around and hasn't attended the coaching school. In my eyes he's been very professional in his job.

I also ask why suspend him, he's been able to do this for a long time, like I said 2 and half years, actually I've just looked it up, the past 5 seasons. Now in the crucial end of the season (Serie A the greatest league) after 5 years he's suspended. Its NOT FAIR.

I'm looking at Ascoli, but many teams have suffered under this regime, and many will say Ascoli benefited from the league (promotion). However Ascoli never insisted to the league to put us up, we've were happy playing in Serie B. Its not our fault that we were promoted, and in some cases I dont believe in throwing out teams, which other teams are allowed to stay.

2. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i agree wholeheartedly. it seems to me at times that the only agenda the league has is to make it as easy as possible for the big clubs and as difficult as possible to the smaller ones. if anything it should be the other way around. its a huge problem.

3. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Ascoli were fined 40 000Euro's for racist chants two weeks ago, and appanrently this was only booing the players which is not unusual. Nothing was direct at the at individial black players. It is fair to say that a small number of Ascoli supporters are racist maybe 20-40 of the hardcore ultras, which is common with nearly every club. Its unfortunate but it happens.

Now Inter, which has the same problem as Ascoli, a few id*ots in the Ultra spoil it for all. I've sopken to hardcore inter fans and they say maybe 50 of the ultra are racist. With Inter some of the fans directed written messages to Zoro, and booed at the player. Inter got 25 000 Euro fine compared to Ascoli's 40 000 Euro fine. Zoro even pubically critised the Inter fans. Ascoli's president is totally against racism, and has publically critised those few fans. However with the game against Chievo where Ascoli were fined 40 000 Euros, our president insisted nothing had occured and he even sent a copy of the game to the commissioner.

Why does Ascoli get fined 15 000 Euro's compared to the Inter fans who were apperently worse?

The game I went to Ascoli - Treviso, Ascoli were fined 14 000 Euro's because of the chant to Reginaldo, the chant was Reginaldo figlio di putan@, this chant was subjected to the referee and other players. Reginaldo got this chant because he didn't kick the ball out and had a shot with 2 Ascoli players injured on the floor. Yet I was shocked to find out Ascoli got a 14 000Euro fine for Racism. I wonder if parma got a fine for Materazzi figlio di putan@, because that chant came up 3 times agianst Inter?

Racism should be stamped out, but its not being done fairly.