Seria A de Ecuador

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by damnecuadorian, Nov 9, 2009.

1. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Are they on Section 2 part C of the 2nd leg of this tournament yet? Or are they still on Section 2 part B of the 1st leg?

Whoever came up w/ this retarded ass system needs to be taken out into the street and beaten, severely.

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    this tournament is actually one of the better ones that has been constructed in the past few years.

They got the Primera Etapa (Apertura)...which is over. Emelec won it and will now play in the final of the campeonato in December, will play Copa Sudamericana this year, and Copa Libertadores next year.

Liga as the 2nd place winner of the 1st Etapa gets to play the 2nd place winner of the 2nd etapa (Unless of course Liga gets first place in the 2nd etapa). And obviously Emelec plays the 1st place winner of the 2nd Etapa as well in the campeonato final (unless they get 1st place again..then they'd be declared as the champs without having to play a final)

Right now we are on game 4 of the segunda etapa, Liga is 1st, Cuenca is 2nd.

3. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ok....

Ooooh I got it! Its like a "build your own league"
    Place Liguilla A firmly in Slot 1. Place Liguilla B firmly in Slot 2. Connect Slot 1 and 2 together to form Slot AA. Place Liguilla Final firmly in Slot AA and twist. Congratulations, you have now built a league.

Oh, you're right! THIS IS FUN!

I liked it back in the simple, good old days. He who finishes top wins. Those who come in second and third get libertadores.

This league was designed by a japanese teen while he was on crystal meth.

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

it's easier to figure out this years campeonato, it's not that hard. If you check out last years system THAT was some complicated bs. Most people are pleased with the way it is this year, i have heard almost no complaints as I have in previous campeonatos.

5. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Two goals by Bevacqua that made it possible for Manta to beat Barcelona in Guayaquil in "Estadio Monumental". Where are the fans? Why don't they show up to the games to cheer for the team? What is going on? Barcelona has a great stadium but no home fan base. What a disgrace!!! If Emelec had a stadium that big, Emelec would bring during every home game on the average of 25,000 fans or more depending on who they play.

6. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

dunno what you are talking about, bu emelec could not even average 9000 fans per games.

7. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That might be good for certain games that Barcelona attract fans to show up for certain games. But Emelec fans always go to Estadio Capwell. The stadium is not empty. Just the fans of Boca del Pozo that show up to cheer for Emelec are more fans than Barcelona bring to El Monumental on the regular. Like I said, Barcelona fans only cheer their team for certain games only. Otherwise, the stadium is empty like it was when I went to see in El Monumental between Barcelona vs Olmedo. If it was not that the doors in "general" that opened for fans to enter for free 10 minutes before the game for portazo, the stadium would have looked worst than a funeral. In Estadio Capwell, Emelec do not have to do that. The fans go pay their tickets and enjoy the game. Like I said, you would always see Estadio Capwell packed with about 10,000 fans or better. If Estadio Capwell was bigger, I guarantee that Emelec would attract more fans per game. That is a fact. As for Barcelona, is another story. When I was in Guayaquil, I was begging Barcelona fans to come with me to watch that game so we could go as a group and all they told me is 1001 excuses for not going. I, instead, being a "fútbol fan" that I am, decided to go to that game with my cousin that is a true Emelec fan to watch the game. I did not feel comfortable but that is another story.

8. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    it doesn't look empty, because with 5000 fans, that matchbox looks full :D

And you say 10k avg, when I just showed you it was 9k, and that is counting games against Barcelona and Liga which you know are full house, if you take those away, then it would be 5000 avg, still worse than Barcelona.

9. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I know you are a Barcelona fan but you know what I am saying is true. The bottom line even if Estadio Capwell is small, the stadium is not empty for any games. As for Barcelona in Estadio Monumental, the stadium is empty and not because the stadium is huge as I have to admit but you do not see fans on the stadium seats. That is tragic.

10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What is the capacity of the Capwell? I believe the Monumental is like 80,000.

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    capwell is probably 20 to 23,000 tops. no more than that.

12. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Which stadium looks like has the most fans during a game on the average? In Monumental, it is completely empty with very few fans. In Estadio Capwell, the stadium is almost filled or filled. If the capacity in Estadio Capwell is of 20,000 fans, then to say that the average is 10,000 to 12,000 is not a bad number.

13. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The thing about this whole attendance thing is that we're all squabbling about poor attendance statistics across the board for the whole league. The fact that premier games for Barcelona such as the ones vs. Liga and Emelec only attracting about 50k, or Liga only doing the same vs. Barcelona, D Quito, and Aucas, etc...what it tells us is that something is wrong. If Barcelona has the hightest attendance and the avg is 1/8 the capacity of the stadium, then there is something wrong. Same goes for things across the board. It doesn't make sense to rub it in someone's face about who has more numbers when neither team can fill up their stadium...I'd prefer to debate why attendance is so low.

14. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    My point was that Emelec fans on the average go and pay their tickets to support their team. As for Barcelona fans, they do not support their team. They only do so when they play big name teams such as LDU Q and Emelec in El Monumental. For the other games, Barcelona fans do not support the team. That is what I meant. Of course, that the attendance to the stadium is low throughout Ecuador but that is another story. I just had to make that observation about Barcelona because they are the most popular team in Ecuador but their fans do not support the team in El Monumental. In other stadiums of other cities, is different. It gets packed with Barcelona fans. Financially, it benefits the local team but the cheers go for Barcelona for those games. Emelec has a good fan base in other cities of Ecuador.

15. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    well you need to prove that with facts, which you still haven't done.

16. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    compared to past seasons (which seemed to exhibit a poorer performance and possibly a lower goal average), this season is the season which I would have gone to the stadium....whether I were a fan of ESPOLI, Independiente, Rocafuerte or whoever. Last season for example, there would be games where i would fall asleep b/c of the lack of goals and exciting plays. and i'm talkin about 2/3 of the games played every weekend. I'm pretty sure this season already has more goals than last season, and it's not even over. It was definitely worth going to watch games this year no matter who you were a fan of.

but ldu4ever is right, the main issue is WHY don't the "fans" attend their team's games. What needs to be done?

and in some way siempreazul is right. From what I see, Emelec's stadium always seems 2/3 packed even when they play against Olmedo and Macara. and that's definitely not a bad number.

17. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A few thoughts;

Stadium size makes all the difference. Having a stadium that has a capacity of 20,000 will look rather full with 15,000 people. However, if you have a stadium that holds 80,000 people, it is pretty hard for it to look full with on 10-15,000 people;e attending.

The MLS did it right by building mid-sizesed stadium for their teams. They know they can expand later, but the last thing they want to do is to create and atmosphere that gives the impression that it is dead, or empty.

As far as people going to the stadiums?

I don't know. truth is, the level of competition is not really that good and most fans are fair-weathered or broke.

18. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Cris is right, siempreazul is right, b9d is right too. Unfortunately for Barcelona, the stadium is too big for most games...and it seems unfeasible to ever fill it up unless it's a final or a major international match. Other factors play into it, but the biggest team in Ecuador should not be playing home games in front of 10,000 spectators...Although tickets are pretty cheap and sometimes given away, economic situations do play a part, but not a defining role.

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    if the damn general were 6 and 8 dollars in the US as it is in Ecuador the stadiums here would most likely be packed even though futbol isn't the #1 sport here

20. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Not only is the quality bad but why would people waste money on a soccer game if they cant even pay for their kids education!! Then there are others who work everyday of the week just to live an ok life, and if they are not working on weekends I think they would rather go to Banos or beach instead of going to see a Macara or Manta game!! lol

21. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What you earn in one hour in America is what you earn in one day in Ecuador..

22. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    people have protested over tolls in Ecuador being raised by pennies...it's definitely true that they complain about ticket prices as well. But yeah, at 6-8 bucks for a general ticket should usually sell out stadiums here stateside except for my local Florida Panthers, Marlins, and the Heat years ago....it really depends on the market I guess.

23. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    thats true but i find it hard to believe that an emelexista or barcelonista (the teams that have the most attendance) makes more money than a fan from el nacional or manta and because of that is able to attend a game on a weekend.

if barcelona had over 30,000 people in their stadium this past weekend vs manta, then their dirigencia was reducing the price vs cesar vallejo to ONE DOLLAR. You know how many people in other countries would take advantage of a deal like that? especially if they are fans of "the most popular team". Barcelona isn't even in a risky position in the tournaments table. I think we can all draw conclusions from that..

24. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    But it seems like everyone can afford a cell phone at least thats what I see in manta.

25. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    And I think Ecuador is also one of the most expensive countries for cel phone plans.