Sergio Ramos: Best Position?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Sid Wilson, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Sid Wilson

Sid Wilson New Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    When Real first bought Ramos they used him as a CB but since then he's been playing a more DM role for the team, from what i can gather he has done a pretty good job for the team but i still consider him to be a CB in the making, like a future Fernando Hierro maybe.

What do u guys reckon is Ramos's best position as a DM or CB or RB?

P.S. Real already have Gravensen and Garcia as DM'S so why not use Ramos what u bought him for?

2. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ramos is good, either in CB or DM he just needs a bit discipline but he's not to blame, he's just to young.

As it seems he's working very hard and he's becoming a true madridista

3. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    rb, dm, then cb.

4. AussieMadrid

AussieMadrid New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Australia
    Right back is his best position. Slowly he'll develop into a good central defender.

5. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  6. Snauhi

Snauhi New Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Goalkeeper.

7. Zizou

Zizou New Member

Jan 24, 2004
    IMO he explode his potential on RB. But his enthusiastic, determind and defensive-skill help him to do pretty damn good job at CB.

One good thing, and important, about him is the way he tries to deliver the ball effectively, even when he is under pressure form oppoenets. Only Helguera in our CB's list could do this cuz, after all, that was one of his weapones as a decent DM.

Yes we need him in midfiled, but we are desperate for him in CB position. Both Helguera and Pavon's unforgetable and unforgivable mistake seem to have no end. (i.e Helguera against Osasuna last game + against Zaragoza last season in Bernabue + Pavon, err, where should I start?, against Deprtivo in Riazor last season..etc). Even the back-ups are crap, if there is any. Except for Mejia, who yet to get a fair chance. He delivered every time he've got a chance. No need even to mention Bravo at CB!

Lets just keep Ramos as CB, where he does fairly well. Get either Gravesen or Garcia to play DM. Why not both? giving Gravy some freedom to do a CM job, he was good with Everton in this role, and even better with Denmark with Paulsen as a hunting dog.

8. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Right back by far and away! I have no idea why he was bought to play centre back last year when he only played 4 games as a centre back for Sevilla. There is a remarkable difference in playing Right Back and Centre Back. I honestly don't think that Caro will revert to using him as a centre back for his time in charge as he is actually looked by far a more promising DM. However, I must credt his attitude where ever he plays because he always plays ina good spirit and is always trying to win. Never lets his head drop which is more than I can for some other of the players.

9. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Elsewhere. You know, as a kid he was a striker ;)

10. Zizou

Zizou New Member

Jan 24, 2004
    It just, imo, we need to focus on whic position does the team reallyneed him. Woody wont comeback till Jan 06. And with Pavon presence, or his partnership with Helguera lately things doesn't look bright unforunatly.

Meaby number of Goals Conceded won't prove it, but the "way" we defend remains a concern. Having Ramos at CB, with a "true" DM aka Garcia could tighten the midfiled and help to control it.
    I mean, at least for the mean time, till Woody gets back please set Ramos as a CB.

Your credit for his attuide is remarkable, I second that Madrid_1902 [​IMG]

11. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    ramos casillas woodgate and zidane are the only 4 things that i have confidence in this madrid team about. and soladado if he ever bloody plays.
    so as for his best position, id play him anywhere were it would mean becks and/or the brazilian jokers get axed from the team.

12. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Actually Ramos and Casillas are the only players I have confidence in...they are young, hungry, and very talented.

13. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Exactly. Like I said on other posts, Ramos, Casillas, Robinho--if he develops and woodgate are the players I think can make an impact for Madrid in the future. If we were to clean house and sweep away the rest of our first team i would not cry. I'm not counting soldado as he is treated still like a castilla player, when will the boy get to start a game/???

14. Sid Wilson

Sid Wilson New Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    i believe ramos can develop into a quality CB and form a great partnership with woody,
    gazzad 5 how can u still have confidence in zidane mate?

15. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Man, Zidane was the most influential player on the park today!

16. Sid Wilson

Sid Wilson New Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Not really. Petty croses and passes plus the handball he did.

17. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    yeah but the simple fact that he holds his posession often times makes him the only link between our midfield and the striker! Robinho is too small to hold possession and he loses the ball pretty much everytime. Becks either passes back to the RB or fires off a cross. Its usually Zidane who drags a play forward and delivers.

18. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    and thats what madrid should be looking for, a damn playmaker!!!!!!!

19. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    because zizou dnt go bad overnight.
    he was injured for ages this season, and played through it.
    now he is getting better because he is not injured, and has been the best player the last few games, no doubt

20. ZZR923

ZZR923 New Member

Dec 4, 2005
    back at sevilla.

21. Sid Wilson

Sid Wilson New Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    yes but most madrid fans are deluded, zidane is no where near where he was and thats just because of injurie and age, the two go hand in hand and the fact is zidane isnt playing at a level that is acceptable to madrid, nor is 3/4 of the team, and if zidane is the "most influential" player in the team then why have madrid continually lost and looked lame when going forward?
    the fact is im not really having a go at zidaner because there are worse culprits then him but he along with most of the players are not at the level that madrid require...

22. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i agree. however, zidane is the best of a bad lot if you catch my drift. from all our players he has the most influence on a game and has a good attitude, still wants to win more with Madrid unlike the other f u c k e r s!