Sergiño Dest

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by bsky22, Aug 2, 2019.

1. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tyler Adams who has been playing Dest's optimum position of RB... because... reasons?

2. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could we get Dest's thread corrected to show his actual first name Sergino?

nbarbour, wixson7, TimB4Last and 2 others repped this.
  3. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    If we can, I think it is actually Sergino with a tilde over the "n". I have no idea how to do that here?

Pegasus repped this.
  4. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    #29 TimB4Last, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    Pegasus and gogorath repped this.
  5. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ñ Ñ

keep the "alt" key down, and type 164 for ñ and type 165 for Ñ

You must use the numerical keypad on the right of your keyboard, and be sure the "NumLock" is on.

This will not work with the numbers on the top row.

russ, rlrcpa and gogorath repped this.
  6. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
  7. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forgot to mention the last step: Release the "alt" key.

gogorath repped this.
  8. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those who want to output more of these non-keyboard characters:

Look at the table on the right side of this link

https://theasciicode.com.ar/extended-ascii-code/plus-minus-sign-ascii-code-241.html

with the heading "Extended ASCII characters".

It has 4 columns with numbers ranging from 128 to 255. Each column has the number you would use with "alt" key, and the character that will output. For example, "alt" + 168 outputs ¿, "alt" + 148 outputs ö.

The euro character is relatively new so it has a different technique not shown on the table:
    "alt" + 0128 gives €

rlrcpa repped this.
  9. It's on theyboard on the 5 key with ctrl +alt+5

10. SamsArmySam repped this.
  11. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    alt + 0128 is available on most keyboards. Other combinations are keyboard specific. You are probably using a US-Int keyboard in The Netherlands.

http://eurosymbol.eu/keyboard

12. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Chances were good. He came on in the 53rd minute.

13. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    Hard to avoid fact he is by any reasonable standard our first choice rb and likely lb now

sXeWesley repped this.
  14. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    Also as a matter of respect may we please get this dang thread title fixed

nowherenova repped this.
  15. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nah. there are plenty of reasonable standards.

tomásbernal and UncagedGorilla repped this.
  16. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    So here's the thing FSF. All Holland has to do to cap tie him is to convince him to do a one time switch. They don't have to play him at all. The US has to play him to cap tie him. We've seen this with Jonathon Gonzalez. He switched and has only gotten two Mexico caps since that switch over 18 months ago. Mostly he has been playing for the U21 team and preparing for the Olympics. The only thing helping us at the moment is that Netherlands is eliminated from Olympic qualifying and that the next year or so will be very important games where they will stick with their starters. But still, they don't really have to play him.

18. Fair enough. The point in your/USA's favour is that he plays for the USA and as such is an unknown quantity for the Orange staff, as they monitor the players in the Young Orange team and the Uxx Orange teams. However they do of course watch the Ajax teams among others to see how the Uxx Orange players develop/are doing. Lucky for the USA he didnot show much in those days, so little that Ajax doubted till the last minute if they were going to give him a contract. So he didnot blip up on the Orange scouts/assessors radar in those days.
    I think Koeman was watching the CL match against PAOK. In that match Dest was awfull, so Koeman hasnot put down his name as a reminder either.
    Nobody from the Orange staff will suggest to request him to make one time swich now. It could be the case in about 18-24 months, having pushed out another player, but for the time being it's unlikely. The staff has enough work evaluating the ones that are part of the Uxx selections. They're not going to precautionary actions as it would be a veiled promise to the future, which is impossible. It would be unethical behaviour.

19. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    That never stopped FMF.

However, I do believe that you are correct. There is no reason for the Orange to chase after fringe players when they have a quality pool from which to select. It may be a different story if the player was the quality of Robben or Van Nistelrooy.

20. Yeah, but that kind of players of double nationality would choose the Orange team in the first place, when the other nation isnot up to the Orange standard.

21. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    BTW, Chile has contacted Soto.

22. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Perfidious!!! Defining perfidious here to mean perfectly logical.

Do we at least have Soto's name spelled correctly on his BS threads?

russ repped this.
  23. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Call Soto to Mexico and Uruguay friendlies. Let him see what it's like to play for USA and send him home with whatever guarantees he earned with his play.

Nota bene: My understanding is that Soto has a contract expiring at the end of this year. He has the power to ask any future contract include his right to play for US u23's thru Olympic dates.

However, one of our brainiac sporting directors will actually have to have that conversation with him and that may be too much to ask.

How about Dest? Will he be available for Olympic trials?

24. coachd24

coachd24 Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Just an opinion but I believe Dest will not accept any USMNT call up that will cap-tie him. Everything leads to him wanting/being able to play for the Netherlands and it makes sense to wait if there is a possibility of him playing in Euro 2020 with a good season at Ajax (although unlikely). I don't think Soto makes the move to Chile and am hoping he gets a call up early in the season to end any speculation.

25. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe this as well, I would not be surprised if he hits us with the “I just want to focus on my club right now” for the September and October matches.