Seongnam - Pakhtakor. Live web-cast

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Pakhtakor, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Pakhtakor

Pakhtakor New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    Guys,

Do you know if any korean channels are goint to broadcast AFC Cahmpions' league semi-final, 1st leg Seongnam - Pakhtakor?

It will take place tomorrow, on October 20 in Seongnam.

AFC Cahmpions' league semi-final, 1st leg Seongnam - Pakhtakor

2. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    The game is live in Korea on SBS Sports, but I don't think it's possible to view that channel on a webcast.
    Could be wrong though... someone else will have to confirm or otherwise.

3. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    what part of asia is pakthakor from?? i say 5-0 seongnam win

4. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    Uzbekistan.

They've won all ten home matches in their Asian Champions League history so it'll be a tough task for Seongnam if they have to go over there needing something from the 2nd leg.
    That said, Seongnam have been an entirely different team in the ACL compared to the K-League so they just might do something...

5. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    How do you mean they are entirely different? They are using loaned players in ACL?

6. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

No, he means Seongnam is near the bottom of the K-League table, but yet they're doing well in the ACL.

7. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Oh ok!
    Do you know where I can check the K-League table! Any websites in Engilish?

8. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    www.footballinkorea.com

9. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  10. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    The game finished 0-0. Anyone watched it?

11. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Doubt it, kinda suprised to see it end 0-0 espicially when it was in Seognaum's home.

12. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    They rested key players in the first half according to Korean report. That's being arrogantly overconfident.

13. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    seongnam tied??! damn i thought were gonna have all k-league final but i ono now......its gonna be hard for seongnam to win at Pakhtakor cause they havent lost in their home soil in the afc champs league.....lee ki hyung is still in seongnam right??

14. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    This champions league format started with lots of hope to gain attention but it's not working. I don't think many people are interested in the event.

15. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    The problem is in marketing. The change in format was a big step forward, what the tournament lacks is media coverage. The AFC is failing to promote it for what it is: the premier club competition in the world's biggest and most populous continent. They need the big Asian media networks on board to give appropriate coverage to the tournament. And they should never have a game coincide with the European champions league like they had last week. They have to make the tournament the talk of the town wherever a game is played. There's a big market to tap into, and if pitched correctly it will sell.

16. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    maybe but the afc champs league dont have big names like uefa champs league i think that is one reason y people would choose uefa over afc.....

17. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    I reckon that once the new Club World Championship gets up and running (December 2005 is the date mooted for the first tournament) then the Asian Champions League will take on a whole new importance.

They are currently making the amendements to the respective stipulations, but it is planned that the winners of each of the respective Federation tournaments (UEFA Champions League, Asian Champions League, Copa Libertadores, CONCACAF Cup, African Champions Cup and Oceania Champions Cup) will compete in a tournament.

The chance to go up against the UEFA Champions League winners in a competitive match would be a pretty big incentive for lots of Asian clubs, and would attract a bit more interest to the outcome of the Asian Champions League...

18. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    Seongnam have just gone 2-0 up in the second half of the second leg thanks to a 25-yard belter from Dudu, so they're pretty much guaranteed to be in the final...

And actually I believe the winners of this year's tournament get the ticket to the 2005 Club World Championship...

19. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    Game over, 2-0. The Pakhtakor captain got sent off with about ten minutes to go for a last-man foul on a Seongnam striker running at goal.

Decent final in prospect :)

20. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Well the issue is still in the air. FIFA wants the ACL 2005 winner to participate, but the AFC is rightly saying that ACL finishes too late (early december) to make it in time for the draw. So we'll see. But the Ittihad fans definitely see this tournament as a qualifier to the World club championships. They're labeling the final as the last step before the world championships.

21. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Congratulations :)

Seongnam it is. Good final in prospect.