Seol not doing well at Wolves it seems

Discussion in 'Korea' started by the_13th_redneck, Oct 24, 2004.

1. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    I just been to their rivals.net site and it looks like Seol's not the kind of player they hoped him to be.

2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And the club is not what he hoped it would be ?
    I am thinking of their place in the table, i thought they would be in top 5.

3. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    I think they were hoping Seol would be a huge star. Not turned out that way.

4. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, but he hasnt been playing bad has he ?
    He havent scored yet i think, just in the Cup.

5. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    better change ur name SeolSeol... :D

6. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Never :D

7. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Are you sure, SeolSeol? How about Chachacha (if Cha Du Ri does well)?

:D

8. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Haha no, actually i dont know why i picked this name :p

9. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    Hmmm, just had a look at the Wolves Rivals website report on their most recent game against QPR:

10. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Well look at his rating from the previous game.

11. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    OK I was bored, here are all Seol's ratings from Rivals for games he started (ratings given for sub appearances don't really count as they're relative to the rest of the game):

QPR - 7
    Derby - 5
    West Ham - 6
    Cardiff - 7 MOTM
    Burnley - 7
    Plymouth - 5
    Brighton - 8
    Wigan - 7

An overall Championship Manager rating of 6.5 doesn't show too much cause for concern yet particularly given the entire team is struggling. Been away twice on international duty during that spell too...

12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This is not bad i think, a lots of 7. He just need some more time.

13. PacMan

PacMan Member

May 18, 2004
    What were they expecting,a Ronaldo?Does Seol speak fluent english yet?

14. NonStop4

NonStop4 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Well, I didn't expect him to be Ronaldo or anything but I for one expected more from him...I expected his old Anderlecht striking form to be back...but I guess it takes time to settle in England..

15. timor fan

timor fan New Member

May 28, 2004
    Lisboa - Portugal
    I dont know about the fans but 2 guys are pretty happy with his performance and attitude ... the chairman and the general manager !

They are happy to hav sign him ... regarding the coach i hav no idea.

Let the kid get familiar with the game in england and he will b a crowd pleaser.

16. GitongaSimba

GitongaSimba New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    New York City
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Let the kid get familiar with the game in england and he will b a crowd pleaser.[/QUOTE]

I fully agree. I've said it before and I'll say it until I'm blue in the face: the problem with Seol was never a question of talent--it's an issue of adjusting to the language and culture. He's a big man and easy to pick out in the box, and has the kind of class (being a regular International) that Wolves are looking for. So what if Wolves don't go up this season--by the time they do, I predict Seol will be their main striker/winger.

17. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    anyone have clips of him playing??

18. Quirky_Birky

Quirky_Birky Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Sep 15, 2004
    The Peak District, England
    He isn't playing badly, but he hasn't been playing up front (we've been playing him on the left). However, one of our strikers (Kenny Miller) got himself sent off against QPR, so it is believed that Seol will get his chance to play as a striker (his best position?) when Miller is suspended. I think it is generally accepted at Wolves that he is still settling in. He certainly played quite well against QPR, and got a good round of applause when he was substituted late on in the game.

19. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Seol usually had his best moments playing forward towards the left both creating and scoring goals.
    I think that position might be better for him than left midfield. His left midfield role came about when he was pushed out of position at Anderlecht because Jestrovic and Aruna were on excellent form.

20. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Thx for the update. I wish I could watch him play in England. So it seems that the fans haven't turned on him yet. Let's hope he finds his form and starts scoring more goals.

21. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The truth of the matter is that Seol plays for a rubbish side. Did he simply look at Wolves and think that cause they were in the Premiership last season that the yo-yo effect would bounce them back up? Even a yo-yo side like West Brom is an abismal side but their neighbors Wolves are even more. It's not like Seol himself is going to rescue Wolves from their dismal start and a repeat of Crystal Palaces' resurrection from 16th at Christmas to promotion is unlikely to make a reincarnation at the Molineaux. Let's just hope he scores goals and does well for himself to draw the attention of bigger clubs...but therein lies the vicious cycle. When you play for mediocre sides like Wolves, the chances of putting the ball into the net are slim... and when you don't score goals, you aren't noticed...so it's up to Seol to step up and get himself out of this quagmire because if he doesn't, he'll keep getting sucked down and God forbid the day when we place a post in this forum that reads, "Seol signs with Doncaster Rovers: Your thoughts?"

22. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Shiet! Didn't notice that there are Wolverhampton supporters on this thread. I'm going to get a shietload of hell now after I called Wolves rubbish.

23. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    You are on everyone's sh1t list lol

24. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    Wolves are only eight points off a play-off place.

With 32 games still to play, it's a wee bit early to say "promotion is unlikely"...

25. Quirky_Birky

Quirky_Birky Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Sep 15, 2004
    The Peak District, England
    I'm sure there are plenty of Wolves fans who would agree with you at the moment. I would argue that Wolves are in a false position at the moment - all Wolves fans were expecting us to be fighting for promotion this season. I would also argue that the English Championship is a more competitive league than what Seol is used to, such as when he played at Anderlecht (how much real competition have Anderlecht in Belgium?). And don't forget that Wolves beat Manchester United last season :eek:)

I would also like to point out that, although I really hope that Seol is as good as some of you make out, he isn't (yet at least) one of Wolves first choice strikers. That may well change in time, once he's settled in, but he doesn't stand out as a great player in the Wolves team (which incidentally has other international players from Ireland, Wales, Nigeria, Scotland, Romania, as well as some great young talent, like former England U21s Matt Murray and Jo Lescott). With a bit of luck, Seol may well be playing in the English Premier League next season with Wolves (well maybe more than a bit of luck). Wolves haven't had problems with scoring so far this season - quite the opposite, but it's our defence which has let us down (although hopefully that has been sorted).

You're entitled to your opinion, but please remember that England has 4 fully professional leagues (with many part-time leagues in place below these). And PLEASE don't compare Wolves with West Brom - that's one thing that Wolves fans might not forgive you for!

Anyway, I've finished ranting!! I am a Wolves season ticket holder, and I will do my best to keep you updated on Seol's progress.