Seol at Fulham Part I + 2008-2009 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by The Old Lady Hertha, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Re: Seol at Fulham Part I [R]

penalty kicks? Or Free Kicks? :confused:

2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

When Seol is in topform, like in the beginning of last season. He is easily the best Korea got, maybe together with Lee KW :D :D

Damn he was one of the best midfielders in the PL.

3. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

I don't think anyone here doubts how good Seol really is. The guy has all the talent in the world. But his inconsistency and his tendency to suck at times is a big mystery that still hasn't been solved and probably never will be.

4. vagabondmd

vagabondmd Member

Feb 25, 2005

our dumb friend confused the two. that's why i was poking fun at him. he might have edited his original post though.

5. vagabondmd

vagabondmd Member

Feb 25, 2005

lol... the funny thing for me is how you actually waited... i was actually taking a dump thinking about your how easy it is to shlt on your face... the sad thing for you is that you wait...

6. bjk31

bjk31 New Member

Oct 2, 2003
  7. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

I don't understand this "when-seol-is-on-form-he-is-great" shite to begin with. When and how often is he actually on-form? Ok, he was on-form for Reading for like... first 5 games of last season.

If I remember correctly, he played his best football during the 02/03 season with Anderlecht, scoring goals for fun in the Belgian league, but even then, he eventually got benched in second half of the season because of his inconsistency.

You're only kidding yourself if you think a player who's inconsistency as extreme as Seol is a clear-cut starter for his national team.

8. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

I don't think I'll ever understand the logic of Seol's move from Reading to Fulham. If it was from Reading to maybe even West Ham United, then I'd be able to rationalize it better.... Craven Cottage isn't a great stepping stone. It's almost like a demotion (and come full swing at the end of this season, don't be surprised if Fulham are plying their trade in the Championship next year). If it's for money (I have no idea if it is), then that speaks volumes as to his ambitions as a footballer. I wouldn't necessarily condemn the move if it's simply for money because at the end of the day his career has an expiration date and it's all about making the most while you can. But from a footballing point of view, it's questionable. I'll wish him the best as I hope that all Korean players in the EPL will succeed and raise the image of KOrean players abroad so that more and more can make it over there.

9. augietx

augietx Member

Feb 17, 2005
    TexAS

I think the reason for the Fulham move is probably the same AS LYP's desire to stay at Tottenham - wife and lifestyle.

Korean women aren't happy if you ain't in a hip and happenin' place like London.
    A move to Fulham probably lets his wife be happy, so he can focus on his football.

I disagree a move to Fulham is a bad move. I would wager Fulham will finish mid table. Don't think they'll be in a relegation battle.

10. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston

i'll agree with augietx.

if seol's reasoning for wanting to join fulham or any london team is for family and personal matters, then that's between him and his family.

11. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Maybe your right. Keeped Korean girls in line is godam near imposible.

Maybe but I dont think so. Its still team game and Fulhams got 15 new players thats never worked each other befor. How long for them to jel? and its aint like the guys they buyed are great, their just OK

Very likely their gonna dig themselfs into hole early on and their not good enough dig theirselfs out of it

12. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001

if your mommy is happy in texas, then korean girls can be happy in reading, lol.

13. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Last time I was at Houston, theirs was tons of strip clubs, cheapest and easyest and slutyest strippers I've ever seen

The time before when I was worked at this investment fund we was checked out these ranchs, they got thousand on thousand of cow. Cowshit was in piles stunk so bad when I left I drycleaned suit I was worn, toss shoes, and frigin inhail saleene water up my nose and nearly blowed apart my eardrum honking that saleen outta their so get rid of stink.

Then I frigin pluked every nose hair. Couldnt eat beef for month

14. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

#7 eh? Not bad at all...........

15. bobjones2

bobjones2 Member

Jun 5, 2006

sabu, heh heh.. it's funny because it's true... but 'ell those decisions took him to the Prem of all places. If Seol really suck as bad as everyone on BS claim he is, then he must be a genius at this to get himself in the world's most lucrative league.

I just don't see why people think he would go out of his way to sabotage himself by going to Fulham. I mean they are in second season and they lost sidwell, so who knows what's the better decision... Seol has a chance to earn himself as a team "regular" in the hearts of the Fulham fan. There is no way Seol can win over the hearts of Reading fans who already love Little.

16. augietx

augietx Member

Feb 17, 2005
    TexAS

Gawd I hate to even acknowledge this post, tabasco, but I will.

My mommy is happy wherever my daddy and I am. Korean girls, like the ones I reluctantly see posted so shamefully in the hot korean girls thread, ;), like Gucci bags, Hermes scarfs, and Prada shoes. If these stores are available such that a korean girl feels like she can hop on a bus, yes I said hop on a bus, not limo, and get to them, then they're happy. If not, they ain't happy, and neither is you.

Just an observation from a shit-kickin' redneck.

17. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Not too far from the truth. Repped.

18. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001

hahahha cheeers man

19. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California

LOL...

20. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
  21. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002

this is an interesting article and sheds light to why Seol left.

Coppell

"Well to be honest I think I would probably say that to a certain extent I lost Seol last season by not playing him regularly,"

"There is a big Korean community by their training ground and he wanted to live there. He spent a lot of time there when he was living in Reading so to make the best of the situation we got in dialogue with Fulham and certain deals were mooted."

"In the end Liam was offered in a straight swap and we thought, in an ideal world Seol would have stayed, I wanted him to stay and I told him that, but his heart was elsewhere and when the deal was put to me, I am getting an under 21 international," he said.

22. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California

Wow, you just repasted coppell's quotes for those of us who are too lazy to click on a link. Posrep coming :p

On a more serious note, it's nice to hear that Coppell wanted him to stay. I wonder if he's going to be greeted with tons of boos the next time he visits the Madejski stadium as a Fulham player.

23. augietx

augietx Member

Feb 17, 2005
    TexAS

Naw. And kimchee smells sweeter than lilacs.

24. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005